Limit On Flagging Posts?

I mostly flag OWL posts for spam.

“This post is an advertisement…”

because that’s literally what they’re doing. Get that crap off the forum.

In those instances, one flag suffices. The moderators are going to check it out, it is just redundant to spam reports at that point.

Huh. Good to know. Thanks!

Overwatch League is a part of the game and is supposed to be discussed on the forums here. Just because you don’t like it doesn’t make it spam. You should stop abusing the flag system in this way

2 Likes

No. It isn’t. The moderators are only going to check what’s flagged unless it’s a small thread they can review at a glance. Most of the extremely inflammatory and obviously inappropriate stuff that doesn’t get removed are posts in long thread that didn’t get flagged.

Good job blizz, theres been an increasing amount of false flagging since the dislike button went away and it’s been getting bad lately.

I wouldn’t mind them being more vocal about this stuff though when it does change.

What I mean is they get suspended if it breaks terms of service. The amount of posts violating the rules is not going to change their punishment. So, I guess if everyone flagged their original post and it was mild, but then they had something atrocious that people overlooked… it would matter.

But why even flag something mild in the first place? That problem is probably rare just because of how false report happy this community is to begin with. Trust me, SOMEONE will get it for you if it is egregious. Best to save the flags for different individuals imo.

Obviously you can do whatever you want, I am just stingy with resources despite never even using the flag feature. If anything, that is just a testament to my frugal nature.

“I don’t like other people being allowed different opinions to my own. Blizz please ban them”

Get over yourself. Your opinions aren’t correct 100% of the time.

Wait a minute, haven’t people still thought so?

It’s not just about whether or not their punishment changes, but also about just deleting the post so others get a clear definition of what is and isn’t acceptable behavior.

I think a lot of people have been shocked by a ban for something when they’ve seen posts of a similar nature left alone. Then when a mod actually does get around to review it, it turns out it’s not considered acceptable.

If people flag things that undeniably against the rules, (and I’m not talking about just extremely mild things which are usually ignored) and mods were more consistent with their enforcement, I think more people would be satisfied with the moderation.

They also need to start suspending people for flagging things like opinions because some of these flags are not reasonable as good faith reports.

1 Like

yes i do believe my opinion isn’t always 100% right

So apply that to your flagging of posts with so called wrong opinions.

I absolutely agree 100%, that is a really good point. Punishments never work unless they are consistent and understandable. And ultimately, I suppose the point is to remove that trash, after all.

2 Likes

You messed up the thing

It’s in my quote

1 Like

you’ve flagged too many posts

better question, why have you flagged that many posts? surely you aren’t religiously watching every post on the forums for people who break the rules

this wouldn’t be a problem if blizz would give us downvotes back, but we cant have the community actually police itself. Blizz knows best. /s

You know what else I wish mods did and that you could feel better about flagging? Posts that are only partially bad and other stuff around it is fine.

Because sometimes someone will say something clearly well over the line but the rest of the post is fine. And it seems like if the mods were more willing to just snip that out with an edited note, and leave the rest of the post up, then it would be better for helping people understand what is and isn’t allowed as well.

I have seen other forums do this and I used to do when I was a moderator for another game. And it was really very helpful at helping people formulate their posts in a way where they felt okay to be a bit snarky while still being well aware of the line and not feeling like they didn’t understand moderator decisions.

2 Likes

They do it because generally most posts have player opinions and this is their only form of FEEDBACK on this game.

Look, nobody has to 100% agree with everyone on some sort of change in this game. How Blizzard handles this feedback and what they feel like doing is up to them. But players do have the right to say things in the game on it.

They limit this, so that way there is no “mobbing” as easily.