LGBT in Overwatch Mega(y)thread šŸ³ļøā€šŸŒˆ

I know Hanzoā€™s skin is supposed to be fanservicey but Iā€™m not totally hot and bothered by it. Iā€™m REALLY going to need Blizzard to start beefing up the thighs and butts of their boys please.

One thing I DO like about the skin though is the beard and the hair, it really fits Hanzoā€™s overall aesthetic. It makes him look even moreso Japanese.

1 Like

well Iā€™m happy. no spoilers and the event started with hanzo finally getting a summer games skin.

1 Like

and it ā€œmatchesā€ mccreeā€™s!

2 Likes

I think Genjiā€™s is way better than Hanzoā€™s even if Hanzo is showing just slightly more skin than usual. Nothing can ever replace Kabuki and Scion Hanzo though, thatā€™s the issue with Hanzo skins. Kabuki (and Scion) are just that freaking good.

some people also finally got that torb skin they were (seriously?) begging for. im not sure if it was really all that wanted thoughā€¦

I definitely like this new hanzo skin. the weapon isnt obstructive and very cool looking. only downside is thereā€™s no new visual effects. i wonder why they stopped doing that in the first place.

1 Like

I mean, the amount of new content by itself is a downgrade lol, so Iā€™m not surprised if the skins donā€™t have new visual effects.

especially since they made epic skins unlockable through challenges instead of lootboxes like usual. i wonder if thats how it works from now on.

Probably, to make it seem like HEY WE ARE ACTUALLY MAKING THE EVENTS BETTER WITH MORE CONTENT!!! when itā€™s just putting skins that would otherwise exist in lootboxes behind a challenge wall.

Anyway, August 5 is the last day of the event so Iā€™m going to expect a teaser for a new hero on August 6.

I still vastly prefer unlocking skins over lootbox exclusives. so itā€™s definitely preferable.

Anyway, sadly I have absolutely nooo interest in playing OW right now. Hopefully I get some motivation sooner or later so I can at least get a few summer things I havenā€™t unlocked yet.

Also, that Junkrat + Roadhog spray. Good day for Roadrat shippers!

2 Likes

I mean itā€™s not terrible, but if they think this makes up for events being generally lackluster, they are wrong.

Same.
Iā€™m just tired at the moment with OW.
Though that could be because Iā€™ve finished a vacation where I spend 10+ hours driving.

You arenā€™t the only one. I have been feeling burned out from the game for awhile, between balance changes and a few other things Iā€™m just feeling like Iā€™m done with the game.

I adore the new Hanzo skin! Finally, he got a summer skin and itā€™s so nice but also a little goofy with the fishing rod bow and I just love it. I do think they couldā€™ve beefed up some parts of him better, but I like the changed beard (no more evil goatee!) and the way they did his hair. He cut off his fringe also, lmao. I insta-bought it and have been wheezing for the past two hours playing him. And also yes, equipping beach skins for Hanzo and McCree and playing them has been the only thing my duo and I have been doing for the past two hours.

But I hoped so much that his ult would finally get a new look and it wouldā€™ve been perfect to change dragons into koi fish, but alas.

Either way, Iā€™m not complaining, I got what I wanted the most so. Otherwise the event is as usual. I like the challenges though, theyā€™re neat, but Lucioball is Lucioball and everything else is standard.

3 Likes

absolutely agreed. itā€™s almost perfect.

1 Like

I think they couldā€™ve done away with the vest and gone full tittay mode tbh.

Really like the new tat too

1 Like

Anyway, Itā€™s been half a year since Soldier 76 was revealed to be gay and itā€™s no surprise nothing has been really done about it afterwards. Some might say ā€˜ā€™ yeh thatā€™s great he is just a dude who is gay, his gayness doesnā€™t matter so you know, itā€™s perfect ā€˜ā€™ but I really have a hard time accepting that lol. I mean I def see the importance in gay not being a defining characteristic, but stillā€¦

And itā€™s in general a bit bogus to ask for more S76 (and Vincent) when there are sooooooooooooo many heroes who need the lore more than him. But, I can at least say that Mercy has gotten some importance this year, so thatā€™s great for those who enjoy her.

Well, next month weā€™ll probably get an animated short, letā€™s hope it goes for someone who needs it.

Okay, donā€™t know whether this is fake or not but Hero 31 might have just gotten leaked.

https://twitter.com/owwcmexico/status/1151917968990920707?s=21

This image, see the heroes played

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/D_xvJ1iX4AQRPz2.jpg

Better resolution of him

https://i.imgur.com/8NoKMsR.jpg

Jeff pretty much confirmed him to be the next hero on Seagullā€™s stream.

Jeff also said that Zenyatta lore is going to be pretty big and itā€™s coming ā€˜ā€™ Blizzard Soon ā€˜ā€™

1 Like