LGBT in Overwatch Mega(y)thread šŸ³ļøā€šŸŒˆ

I want gay aliens in Overwatch, is that too much to ask. :woozy_face:

Also that Hammond skin sounds cute as heck.

A new skin for Widowmaker. This is reminiscent of the winter spray she had before.

1 Like

Okay, so Symmetra is almost definitely gonna get the figure skater skin now.

2 Likes

I think youā€™re right. So far weā€™re only aware of two leaks and that makes up 6 in totalā€¦ last halloween had 6 legendaries/3 epics but last yearā€™s winter had 7 legendaries/0 epics.

Figure Skater (Likely Symmetra now)
Mouse King (Junkrat)

At least sheā€™s not hyper sexualized in it but her skeleton looks MESSED

2 Likes

so far, winter event is looking to be the most boring this year. only one really interesting skin and thatā€™s for lucio.

Thereā€™s a really rare chance of us having a 7th legendary but if that doesnā€™t happen, weā€™ll probably get 3 epics in its place.

yeah but itā€™s the same characters getting skins as always and the only ones i play are lucio and junkrat. im very disinterested in all these others. i wish they released skins outside of events. because this is boring seeing the same characters get skins all the time.

2 Likes

So far I have very little interest in this event, itā€™ll be the third event in a row where Iā€™m not particulary blown away by the skins, at this stage Iā€™m probably saving all that coin for archives

i think whoever the designers of the skins are have favoritesā€¦because blizzard isnt listening to the skins the forum wants. i always see rein and orisa skin requests, but theyā€™re some of the most neglectedā€¦always widow or mercyā€¦

1 Like

Oh yeah I completely forgot about Orisa being neglected again.

the forum suggestions practically design the skins for them and none of them ever happen. widow and mercy need those skins!

Since its unlikely Hanzo, Ana, Orisa, Moira or Mcree will get anything Iā€™ll probably pass over Overwatch entirely come christmas and by the time theres any sort of lore released Iā€™ll probably be well into another online game.

I just dont feel that sense of reward anymore and truthfully Iā€™m not having fun in the actual game. Iā€™m not being all like ā€œgive me free stuffā€ but skins alone (and skins that I dont care for) just arent enough reason to keep up this grind.

I sincerely feel stupid for waiting on a comic or anykind of story news at this stage too, even looking at it objectively I cant convince myself to stick around for literally nothing.

5 Likes

Iā€™m waiting for a particular MMO to come out and then Iā€™ll probably disappear from Overwatch, too.

2 Likes

I donā€™t blame you because the Reflections comic sort of set a precedent for our expectations thinking weā€™ll get another LGBT hero reveal soon.

2 Likes

i miss playing with my friends and having fun. overwatch isnt that anymore. itā€™s gotten to the point where updates are nonexistant, excuses are far more common, and catering to the wrong people is leaving everyone else in the dust. i cant even go into detail how little i care about OWL.

2 Likes

itā€™s almost like releasing skins only for events is a bad idea. and only in bundles of 6 at leastā€¦

If I had to really set my expectations low, an epic skin for Hanzo is also okay with me; if it meant him getting a legendary for Lunar.

1 Like

Honestly at this stage, it not having an even slightly coherant timeline or story is going to make any lgbt reveal fall flat to me. Iā€™m starting to see even cinematics as a negative thing because it just always seems to be some kind of build up to seemingly nothing.

Truthfully if the game sucked but the story was interesting (or even visa versa) Id be satisfied but Iā€™m literally playing against an army of smurf accounts, fighting matchmaking and earning all of 30 coins per level for my time, all to buy skins I dont really care for. The game was sold to me on story alone, I feel like Ive been a hungry donkey chasing a carrot on a stick.

The deadline for me even acknowledging this game again is christmas day. Its stupid and it sounds like a threat but Iā€™m seemingly dedicating too much of my free time to a non existant plot and a game Im falling out of love with.

2 Likes

Yeah it wonā€™t take much to bump Overwatch into oblivion for me right now. Just waiting on several rpgs with gay nonsense, like Greedfall, Cyberpunk 2077, Dragon Age 4ā€¦

1 Like