LGBT in Overwatch Mega(y)thread 🏳️‍🌈

Oh my goodness, that would be so amazing.

Id honestly picture Rein as just this giant teddy bear; he’d be the sweetest boyfriend :joy:

Could you imagine him drunk at a bar going into his “HONOR AND GLOOORY MY FRIENDS!” stories while the guy he likes is just captivated and brigette (the wingman) is just like :expressionless: “pls dont get him started”

aaaaah~

16 Likes

Because a straight Rein can’t fit that role?

19 Likes

My little sister is bisexual and her boyfriend is transgender, I am extremely accepting of LGBT rights. However these threads are really annoying. They are less than 5% of the population but if you guys had it your way we would make 100% of the characters LGBT

33 Likes

Yeah when you have such a large starting cast that OW did and add heroes every few months it does feel like a few of them start to get left behind. DVA could definitely use something more in the lore department. She’s very one dimensional as it stands, in my opinion

5 Likes

If you don’t like it, instead of going out of your way and complaining about it try not clicking on threads talking about it. Just a suggestion. Had you read the post and not had a knee jerk reaction you would have seen 0 copy pasted content and that this is a completely new thread. Having a new thread with new content about a topic already talked about is not spam.

17 Likes

Weird photo choice in the OP.

1 Like

Just ignore the people trying to bait us y’all. They don’t deserve your time in here.

18 Likes

Well I’m a firm shipper of Roadrat and Genyatta, buuuut I also love Rein so… they’re all gay now.

11 Likes

If you’re referring to my post, I think a straight Rein would have a very difficult time subverting the trope of there being only one type of gay man on account of the fact that he would be straight, yes.

8 Likes

Roadrat needs more love imo. They’re already cute together

8 Likes

Please, just stop. Every time a thread of this sort is made, that response comes, no matter what, along with mass-flagging so it get’s auto-locked.

If both sides are allowed to be treated well, then that needs to stop, including comments like yours unless actually relevant.

2 Likes

Perfect. Problem solved.

Roadhog, masculine and unkempt. The antithesis of the stereotype alluded to by someone else. Junkrat can be his quirky lover.

4 Likes

Hoping they get it in the next round of animations :smiley:

(especially lucio)

2 Likes

You know though, I gotta say, they did miss a golden opportunity to reveal another hero or lore during Pride…which I’ve never actually been to but yeah.

I think after hammond and blizzcon we’ll get some more content. They seem to be sticking to a timetable

8 Likes

Shame on you. I’ve been going for years, and I’m straight.

Yeah, I really like Hammond but they did kind of miss a golden opportunity there

1 Like

They dont really have it where I live. Small city in NC.

Plus Im 26 and work 2 jobs so its not like I’d have had time anyways :weary:

3 Likes

OH BOY! ANOTHER ONE!

Get the camera!

8 Likes

Rein does look like a typical “daddy bear”…I go to gay bars every weekend and see so many of guys that would be a perfect shoe in for Rein if OW ever became a movie =P

11 Likes

It would also be cool, because afaik there are very few older gay men in media.

Rein does very much give me ‘gay uncle’ vibes but that also does not mean much of anything.

11 Likes