LGBT in Overwatch Mega(y)thread 🏳️‍🌈

Correct me if I’m wrong but Jeff said that Echo is ‘’ PROBABLY not ‘’ Hero 30. She still might be.

I’m just down for any human/cyborg dude who brings something new to the male roster.

Speaking of new heroes, a new hero was ‘’ leaked ‘’ on 4chan, but it’s so specific to the point of feeling incredibly fake, plus he was mentioned to be hero 31. Still, I bookmarked the leak for fun times when hero 31 is more relevant to the conversation.

2 Likes

I wish OW could end my suffering and just announce the gay hero already haha. The anticipation and patience required is so much. Why is it that the LGBT community has to go through this (waiting for confirmation at the end of the series or some variant).

1 Like

Sometimes it feels like the chance of getting an LGBT reveal is directly proportional to how successful the game is currently. If it’s doing bad and Blizzard stocks are falling (as they have after Blizzcon), any ‘’ risky ‘’ LGBT reveal will just be pushed back.

1 Like

I almost thought Michael replied to an LGBT question but not really.

This is not what the ‘’ gays ‘’ want.

I hope the new update gives us more Ashe interactions. I just want to know if Hanzo has any interactions with her. I read that the new patch is VERY large to the point where you have to basically reinstall the game.

I also hope we get a winter comic this year since Retribution was basically our only one.

The changes cited are mostly backend, which point to either optimization changes or groundwork for comprehensive new features that span multiple parts of the game.

It’s possible we get more lines but it’s probably not why we need to reinstall.

(also god yes Winter comic pls)

2 Likes

It’s been so long. I think Retribution and Reflections were their best comics so far.

I don’t think we’ll get a winter comic. They haven’t released comics for other occasions so I don’t see why they’d release a comic for winter.

Kpop died in 2014 actually. Everyone needs to let it rest

1 Like

We’re never going to get a LGBT character at this point lol.

1 Like

It seems hopeless, but leaving the fandom and thus shutting up, definitely won’t make those reveals happen faster. It’s sad, but that’s how it is.

4 Likes

Yeah. :frowning: But I do see myself occupying with a different game to help pass the time.

I want the LGBT hero reveal as much as anyone but I feel like the only guaranteed thing I can look forward to is just skins for my favorite heroes.

Yeah, it’s pretty weird that several other games will release LGBT characters before Overwatch might reveal their second.

Looking forward to Greedfall and Cyberpunk 2077.

1 Like

could you link the 4chan post? i’m curious

How do you guys feel about Soldier/Reaper? I’ve always thought these characters were like the “end-game” if they go that route. They might have hinted it for a while.

But then again, I don’t know if Overwatch will even do ships.

‘’ I’m more involved in the creative/‘lore’ side of things so I don’t know many specifics about gameplay.

Hero 31 is a kid named Nero, a support based around utilising time-abilities similar to Tracer’s to benefit his team with an ability that ‘rewinds’ an allly’s health and another which quickens their cooldowns. His ult, Foresight, rewinds the game to five seconds ago. The game then moves at a slow (currently 0.7x) speed with every player doing the same inputs they just did, except Nero who moves incredibly fast and has the ability to push and pull allies and enemies into and out of danger, including from range. It sounds broken but he can do less than you think. Once the ult is over or if he dies during it, time and his moveset returns to normal, with him being ‘exhausted’ debuffing him for a short period of time to discourage suiciding into a Zen or Cree to push them off a ledge.

He looks like a dorky introvert in a hoodie and jeans and is by far the most boyish character, also younger than Hana at 18 years old. He wears pretty casual clothes which reflects his peaceful nature. During his ultimate, his clothes and hair start to float and he emits a pink aura. He’s a light skinned Latino. Weapon is a middle of the road sort of arm cannon/gauntlet.

Lore is that he’s Gabe’s nephew. Basically Gabe’s excellent response to Moira’s ‘wraith’ experiments was linked to his genetics and she hypothesised that had Gabe started when he was younger the effects would be much more potents. (Yes. I asked about the HRT parallels. They’re unintentional but tumblr fans might appreciate them). Curious for the sake of science she secretly got in contact with Talon, who arranged the kidnapping of a very young Nero so that she could him into a weapon for them (she just wanted to do lol evil science). Gabe (ignorant of Moira’s involvement) kept this secret because he knew Overwatch and Jack would see him as being emotionally compromised as he now had a vendetta against Talon, hence why he killed the Italian guy in cold blood. The plot thread is still being brainstormed, but Moira also smuggled out Winston’s chrono research with a view of combining Tracer’s powers with him, either Sombra helps them with this (hence translocator) or Talon gives her the tech to turn it into the translocator herself. After the Switzerland incident, Moira saves Gabe along with Talon and Maximilian who reveals the whole thing. Now that he had destroyed Overwatch for them through his wrath, he was going to help them in a more direct way or else his Nephew would be hurt (even more).

Nero has grown up understanding that something is special about him, and not knowing how to react to his powers. He’s got a golden spirit though, and senses the evil of his captors/creators which he despises. He often sneaks out of the Buenos Aires lab he grew up in to do good in the night, saving people from car crashes and trolling criminals and stuff.

Reveal comic is about a neo-Overwatch raid on the Talon lab which turns out to be an ambush. Genji fights Reaper but senses he is holding back. He lowers his sword and monologues at Reaper about how he knows there’s good in him and how his soul was also in torment and that there can be peace. Reaper stands there with his guns pointed right at him, Doomfist is yelling at him over radio comms to take the shot and end him. Suddenly, Widowmaker gets an opening on the highground and without hesitation takes out Angela who offscreen but very audibly dies on the spot. Genji instantly flies into a rage and lunges at Reaper, at which point Nero (in sciency Talon clothes, an ultimate costume) intervenes and rewinds time, saving her and getting everyone out of there. This is in his reveal video so they can do a reverse-audio effect. Overwatch retreat, with Genji in shock about how he lost control of himself. Doomfist is furious at Reaper and decides that’s the last straw, telling Widowmaker to at least take him out, but she hesitates. Reaper fights his way out and takes Nero with him. The comic ends with them both on the streets in civilian clothes (Nero’s default outfit), listening to a broadcast about terrorists being so brazen as to abduct a Los Angeles family who already suffered a kidnapping years ago. ‘’

1 Like

that seems interest but that ult seems incredibly broken.

1 Like

I had the same thought when I read the description. Like if D.Va or something uses an ult that kills everyone, you can just revert that.

I mean I don’t think he could be able to rescue everyone from a good D.Va bomb. It sounds like he can rescue/put someone in danger one at a time.

But nevertheless the whole thing sounds so fake, but it’s pretty good at linking a lot of things together.

1 Like