LGBT in Overwatch Mega(y)thread šŸ³ļøā€šŸŒˆ

no kiddingā€¦50% of damage converted to health? godā€¦

And poor orisa. Reaper will shred her and D.Va and wrecking ball now even moreā€“he canā€™t not get fat life steal. I mean jeez, why make tank playersā€™ lives harder.

yep 70 health per body shot and 140 back on headshots.

is there an official thread where people are discussing these balance changes, or does one need to be made? As the lobbying needs to begin ASAP.

You know what pisses me off about the whole GOATS issue?

Everybody and their grandma kept saying how dive doesnā€™t need nerfs or counters because ā€œdive is only played in the top 1%ā€

Well my dudes, so is GOATS. Iā€™ve personally only played GOATS once, when both teams were mostly diamond and that was literally the one instance ever that Iā€™ve seen GOATS.

So why the urgency? Oh right, because we canā€™t have GOATS in the OWL for some reason and people can say what they want, but to me, GOATS is infinitely more interesting and intense to watch than dive, but we need dive to be forced for OWL purposes so we have to ruin everything for everybody so we can kill a meta that only exists for 100 people.

Itā€™s just completely irrational to me. GOATS is objectively as much of an issue to the community at large as dive was. That is, not at all. Ruining tanks like this will make them unplayable for the majority of the player base, especially paired with all of the recent tank busting buffs. McRightClick, Bastion, Reaper.

Iā€™m in here rn

2 Likes

I agree, like Blizzard has to know that this isnā€™t a good thing. People will stop playing tanks for this. and I really am so very tempted to just quit the game outright.

1 Like

D.Va mains canā€™t catch a break!!!

1 Like

You have no idea. I only play to stop decay and even then Iā€™m not very into it m- Iā€™d rather just not play. Constantly they buff DPS while nerfing tanks and supports, refusing to address the issue that is a shortage of options for the two roles that collectively make up just less than HALF of the gameā€™s heroes.

Ashe wasnā€™t a great addition, imo, adding some annoying CC and status effect, and not providing options for support or tank players, as usual.

Hammond could have been a great addition as a tank, but heā€™s too easily killed. Somehow he is able to lose 1400 hp instantly, he ahs bugs that hinder his mobility that is supposed to be practically unstoppable, and itā€™s incredibly easy to body block/corner/CC him despite his speed. Instead, heā€™s the newest ā€˜memeā€™ hero, being considered a throw pick in most cases. And watching OWWC, it seemed so even when he was played there.

Support and tank mains each have 7 options, while DPS players have 15 options with so many potential team wipe ults, while the supports have two ults that are designed to counter these, but one is almost always useless when used in that way.

The direction of the game is dire. I despair.

I have a questionā€¦ why is it so dang important that there are more lgbt people. I mean I donā€™t care but itā€™s annoying how everyone was complaining that there werenā€™t enough of them. I mean I have red hair and I wasnā€™t complaining about red haired characters before Moira. Just let the developers do what they want. For all we know maybe neither tracer or soldier were created to be lgbt but to people pressured them for no reason.

Team weā€™re talking about tank butchering rn soldier is gay

2 Likes

Aye itā€™s been awhile since I popped in here with my two cents so first things first.

Today is a good day for the LGBT Overwatch fans, as we have more rep now. Iā€™m happy for everyone and especially those who were wanting 76 specifically to be gay. Rejoice! The world is finally changing and for the better, love wins and all that! Ah Iā€™m being cheesy but really Iā€™m happy for everyone!

Moving on now, I did ask if Soldier 76 was fully gay or just bisexual, and someone pointed me to twitter where Chu confirmed again like what was done with Tracer that it is just 100% pure gay (which again good for him) and Iā€™m okay with that, however it got me thinking

Thats two characters now they have gone the full mile with so to speak, and I kinda see them trying to ā€œbalanceā€ it, as now we have a fully gay male, to go with our fully gay female, so Iā€™m expecting now in the future we will get other parts of the LGBT?

Being Bisexual myself Iā€™d love to see a confirmed Bisexual character in the game, if they going by the rules of 2ā€™s thatā€™d be cool to see as well. Iā€™d also like to eventually see the T come into play with a character or two, as we have lots of characters to spread it out across. One of my best friends is Trans and a huge Overwatch fan so having someone who is Trans in the game will mean so much to him.

Id also like to see some other things touched upon if they can casually bring it up (it takes good writing to handle these drops of information properly, and so far they have been doing well so I understand if it takes time. Both of the confirmed we have gotten was just in passing when discussing their lives which, as it should be, is normal.) Such as maybe some asexual characters, or other little minority things.

Either way, victory for today! Everyone reading this, I hope you have a fantastic day and good luck with your matches and stuff! Long live this thread too btw! Take care everyone! <3

4 Likes

I mysefl and sad that heā€™s fully gay, being bisexual too, but honestly I do see him being gay over bi, so it makes sense.

Idk if itā€™s a good day or not; it doesnā€™t matter how it was dealt with, a new character that was LGBT with that fact known from the start would have had this reaction too, I suppose.

Itā€™s a small victory, but also a new fight for us. The forum is plastered with horrific, condescending attacks on us right now (and they donā€™t seem to be going anywhereā€¦mods? Where are you?)

Even my friends instantly reacted with a ffs why, itā€™s the SJWā€™s kind of thing and it got to me, tbh. Their place of privelege allows them to look past the reason why itā€™s important and just complain, without even looking at how it came to be - how we had little kernels of evidence over the last few years.

Still hoping for a bi lucio lol, but I doubt itā€™ll happen now.

4 Likes

Also, weā€™re getting gaslighted HARD on the forums right now.

1 Like

Going back through this thread (using the search function makes it super easy) will answer all your questions without a problem as well as clear up any assumptions you have made.

Lots of loveā€¦

• The Sleepy Bear

When you say the sleepy bear, is that just how youā€™re referring to yourself, having the name urso, or are you the streamer by that name xD

Iā€™m referring to myself being sleepy. The name I use for random streaming for friends is GaymerUrso.

Itā€™s literally just a friend stream as I have never really tried to pursue popularity. xD Iā€™ve been tempted though!

haha fair, I had to check. xD

Iā€™m sleepy too. its 2.50 am. :stuck_out_tongue:

apparently fernando from paladins is actually canonically gayā€¦now -that- makes no sense. he hits on women all the time. and they revealed it on a live stream out of nowhere.

Gay best friend ultra ladies man stereotype.

1 Like