LFG is just too good

Is this just PC, or is it all the PC regions and consoles?

1 Like

until the party leader leaves and you are all pulled out of the game, then its trash.

also, when you are locked into a class and someone leaves or crashes and the spot is filled by a random, you have the possibility of being stuck with sub optimal group, defeating the point of locking class type before the match.

they need to fix two things

1. if someone leaves the LFG in the middle of the game all class lockout are removed so you can change based on what the random person who joins is going to pick
  2. change it so when the party leader leaves it is moved to another person and the remainder of the group is kicked back to lobby just because someone got butt hurt after one bad push
2 Likes

Thank you Corpro, very cool!

Xbox has had a feature like this for a long time. You are able to create posts asking for groups of people and you can put what type of players you want. It is because of this that I moved up to diamond from low plat. I had good team mates and I didn’t need to carry anyone or worry about horrible team mates feeding. I haven’t tried LFG feature yet to play a comp game but I will try it for next season.

I’d like to see a few options:

Enforcing certain slots but not others (recruiting a healer main but allowing flexibility in the other slots for example).

Enforcing voice chat but not roles.

“not dps”, “not support”, “not tank” slots.

My ideal comp group configuration would be forced voice chat, 1 forced tank, 1 forced healer, and 4 not-enforced slots of dps, not-dps, flex, flex. A bit picky on my part, but doesn’t seem too difficult. Lastly the interface should make it clear to players that they are going to be put in an enforced slot before queuing (some were surprised in my games).

Thanks for the great feature!

This is the most fun I’ve had in overwatch since I first played the open beta just before launch. All of my games have been extremely fun and close, and it’s good seeing friendly people play with mics again. I’m sure the honeymoon period will pass but I think this is a great sign for overwatch.

2 Likes

That’s the great thing about lfg, you can choose to only group with people with open profiles. Put something to that effect in your group name and you’re sure to find likeminded players.

if we really wanted to put on the ritz, they’d have a setting when you create the group. “only allow people with public profiles to join?”

I’d want to be able to filter groups out by server. Right now I have the IPs of the South American servers blocked because of the current state in which they are, yet I keep seeing mostly groups from Brazil and a bunch I can’t even identify for sure.

1 Like

LFG was just as I expected, a hive of scum and villainy, Kicking and discriminating for private profiles, not having a mic, having a low SR. And implementation suitable for toxic players to congregate together. We were already fine with the default matchmaker. Packed with the the typical condescending “I am the boss here, I can kick you whenever I want, cya”.

People set up groups with certain rules to follow, can’t do that then don’t join. Otherwise just don’t be a jerk.

6 Likes

I’m very happy that this new system is implemented! It makes competitive matches much more enjoyable. Thank you very much blizzard team for implementing this new function to OverWatch!

This one’s a winner, Jeff. Really enjoying grinding out QP matches with the security of knowing that I won’t likely be dealing w/ trolls, leavers, or the “it’s just QP bruh lemme do what I want” crowd when I create a group.

Also, they fill almost instantly.

Great job, dev team!

Yeah
in the typical matchmaker I dealt with endless leavers, trolls, insane SR disparities, and one tricks.

That’s your opinion, man. I personally don’t think a person is “scum” for wanting teammates w/ a similar SR to their own (and voice comms).

The original matchmaker was the antithesis of “fine”. What I mentioned above (its original problems) led to more toxicity than this system ever will.

3 Likes

Will there be a way to specify looking for a main tank vs off tank in case we need a Reinhardt but get a Roadhog? Or with DPS where we want a soldier but get a Torbjörn, Sir?

You’re allowed to make your own groups FYI :slight_smile:

Not sure but I believe there is. There are some QP groups I can’t join, unless it’s a ping thing

LFG is great but profiles being set as private by default feels a bit weird.

1 Like

Hello, I am confused about why Hanzo is allowed to persist as he is right now.

Please bring the damage of the arrows back up to 80, but reduce the amount of arrows fired to 4.

Also, he doesn’t need the additional mobility.

Thank you for your time.

make your own group and set the rules.

1 Like