LFG failed because we’re hypocrites

Speak for yourself there. I would love to play nice teammates and have a peaceful game. However, that is extremely rare.

This

I remember once I did a “comp, 6 DPS” LFG

Once we were filled we won 7 comp games straight just by playing dumb hero comps and sticking together.

Half the time we weren’t even talking much.

Part of this I agree with and part of it I don’t

While I agree that a majority of people just want to win (not so much getting better) a majority of others just didn’t want to deal with the stress of having to perform better.

LFG games are always harder competition, and unless you had a high level friend on a smurf you did not see the climb you’d hope to see performing as a team. So people burn out faster and just go back to solo to climb.

It just boggles my mind that a game that is so focused on team coordination and teamwork penalizes you for trying to work as a team.

Start putting six stacks in games with randoms and I guarantee the outcome changes and everyone will start using the LFG option.

1 Like

I was on a team with a four stack against a duo stack and a top 500 just the other day in a Master’s game. They didn’t come into comms and halfway I didn’t blame them.

It still happens

it failed because it’s clunky af to use.
people want to press a button and get into a role q 6 stack. not spend 30mins interviewing, checking, queuing, re quing and re quing.

1 Like

No, lfg failed because the complaint wasn’t:

“I want to make an additional effort instead of MM as a player in order to have a bearable match without 5dps instalocks”

it was:

“I want so that when I queue up for the game as a player, on an in-and-out principle, I get bearable games on average”

Blizzard delivered the first option. OF COURSE it didn’t work. What they did was beside the point. It didn’t do anything for the regular flow or quality of the match/mm/queue experience. A game should provide a modicum of these conditions by itself alone.

2 Likes

LFG and Endorsement isnt like a strong base point of bringing optimism to the community but I can at least give credit for the effort.

Issue is first Endorsement is just a chocolate bar for doing good, its nothing of a punishment or something enjoyable, I could care less for being 1 for ever.

LFG on the other hand is like, if 5 people are serious and one is a troll, it can break the group easily. Had it happen once, was good enough in comp. Luckily we won

Yeah, it’s weird. LFG is literally the tool that can solve almost every matchmaking and teammate issue possible, but it doesn’t get used because nobody uses it because it doesn’t get used because nobody uses it. When they DO use it, most groups break up immediately after the first loss instead of giving everybody a little bit of time to learn how to work with each other. We have the tools.

2 Likes

We can do better as a community. But the toxicity this game has is insane. So many misconceptions.

1 Like

You can endorse people in your group, just not people on your friends list. I have a couple of friends I play with regularly that I’m intentionally not PSN friends with because we like to endorse each other.

LFG failed cuz it was poorly implemented:
-It takes too long to get a group ready
-It is extremely hard to find groups (especially english speaking in EU)
-The group leaders has too much power and therefore they become very picky so they kick left and right
-You are locked into 1 class even if the group falls apart when someone leaves

1 Like

There is a lot of truth in this statement…stacking is the right way to play this game. If you removed the penalty associated with stacking, more stacked groups will form and roll over solo players. This, however, is good…because it will drive more and more people into premade stacked groups…some solo players will be left in the dust and quit but it would be the right thing to do for the game IF:

You also implement a clan/team/guild system where players can join and find other people to play together with on a permanent basis…this will drive most people into teams/clans and you can actually play the game the way it is supposed to be played. It also solves the biggest problem in OW…toxicity. Toxicity from random strangers is the worst but if you are in clan groups…it is less likely that people will be toxic as they have to play with these people together…if people are toxic anyway…the clan and your team mates can deal with that. People are less likely to play heroes that don’t fit with your team’s goals…you can control what type of people are in your clan and make it toxic free…you have much more control of your gameplay and you can actually focusing on getting good at the game…I think it would fix OW…

1 Like

I stopped using LFG because it took too long

1 Like

Does it stop people picking Trob and Widow together? No.

Didn’t do the job then.

Most games I’m in are a 2-2-2. But people pick a hero they like in that category but doesn’t fit with the team at all.

Today I had Tracer, Pharah, and the tank decided to go Orisa. Absolutely nobody was standing behind her sheild. It was a complete waste.

Guilds/clans is best way

LFG failed because it’s not implemented into the actual matchmaker, which would be role queue.

It’s that simple.

1 Like

So let’s say I really want to play as Symmetra and I join a group using LFG. What do you think their reactions will be when they ask what DPs I’m going to play?

1 Like

Now that i think about it, clans would help a lot.

If you were toxic in a game or trolled your team with clanmates, then you could get reported amongst your clan, and get kicked or punished. It could help the issue of reports not having an effect, because then the problem could be localized and people would have to be more courteous, because they would come in contact with the people that they would have otherwise been mean to.

Or much higher rank than your 6 stack.

1 Like

Been saying this for the last 6-7 months…

How many times have i seen people post stuff and my immediate thought is: using the lfg would fix that specific problem…

The answer is a LOT

2 Likes