Lets talk about Widowmaker

We all know this character is terrifyingly strong from around 60-70 meters. She can kill you just by you peeking your head around a corner, and her ultimate says you’re there ahead of time.

How is this character balanced?

You really cannot protect your teammates from her anymore, with all the boops and CC available.

15 Likes

She’s
*clap
difficult

43 Likes

Go play her in comp and you’ll see how bad she actually is.

She’s only good in OWL because the whole team peels for her and pockets her.

37 Likes

I’m not some day 1 here.

Because you cannot nerf skill. That’s it

58 Likes

In b4 aimless hero with ridiculously low skill floor introduced to hard counter Widow.

:worried:

22 Likes

This is not an answer, this is an excuse to let a character have a 1 shot 1 kill ability with no damage falloff. This excuse doesn’t work for me.

5 Likes

What makes you think I’m trolling? I’ve been playing this game for 2 years. I’ve seen thousands of Widows. Do you honestly think I say this lightly?

A Brand new player, Probably won’t be caught dead playing Widow…

A player who’s been around a while, And perhaps sank a LOT Of hours into the hero, Can have their skill Directly Translate into use and Effectiveness out of the hero.

I LOVE How Widow is Currently… And i’m even a Console Pleb. X3

Please, Leave Widow alone. She’s not the issue here.

14 Likes

but you can nerf her grapple hook so we can dive her like her weakness is supposed to be and buff winston damage to 70 instead of 60.

Yes, otherwise you’d know were not talking about Moira, who does not need really any mechanical skill to play. So suck it up and stand behind the man with a shield.

2 Likes

I am the man with the shield, because nobody else will play him. I’m also the monkey when nobody will kill the snipers, and the Moira when nobody will heal.

1 Like

You need skill to aim with her. If you can aim well then she does well. You can’t exactly nerf skill…

9 Likes

Tbf you can’t expect someone to utilize line of sight, buildings, walls, shields, etc, to limit Widow’s ability to shoot them in a First Person Shooter.

Wait a minute…

4 Likes

This only works when teammates actually stand behind the barrier, and there aren’t various character obstacles between you and her, forcing you to get shoved all over the place.

Your teammates also have to be smart about utilizing cover, when they know you’re going to be shoved out of the way.

More often than not you get shoved, and someone dies.

Iunno. Imho, I, and the person playing Widow, cannot be held accountable for people playing like bots.

That’s my opinion though, I acknowledge I may be wrong. I mean “DPS don’t peel for supports so we got Brigitte!” :man_shrugging:

2 Likes

Her literal design is based all around “one shot, one kill” and it will always be that way whether you like it or not. She is one of the most balanced heroes in the game. The only thing Widow brings to a team is kill potential. Nothing else. Plus you have to be very skilled to play this hero. They can’t nerf skill.

Reminder she has one of the worst kits in the game. Venom mine is bad and on a 15 sec cooldown btw. Her hook has been buggy for over a year now and hasn’t been fixed but sure lets do something about a sniper who excels at sniping and sucks at everything else.

10 Likes

These assumptions are all assuming that I want some sort of nerf to Widowmaker, I want to talk about Widowmaker.

This isn’t a pitchfork and torches moment, it’s quite literally a moment of discussion about Widowmaker’s balance in general.

Fair enough.

Imo, changing grappling hook from 8s CD to 10s CD is something worth considering.

I however do not like the idea of lowering the return on aim. Brigitte has basically no aim involved and is rocking a 57% winrate across all tiers. Second highest winrate after Sym in Masters. I don’t want that to be the new norm.

Doubtful that would change anything, sense positioning is widow 101 and 99% of the time Widows position themselves so that they can get in the middle of their team with one hook, or they just shoot the Winston before he even gets to her. The best advice i can give to you is, that you can’t play junk every game, so git gud.

4 Likes