Let's see how many top 500s/GMs got stuck in 3900

Ok well i played in lower ranks and i can carry all them games you say there is some that are not winnable but if you deserve to be higher you will climb gold medals mean nothing when you are against people your own rank if im on dps in that rank i can have 3x more kills than the person with silver golds mean nothing at all for climbing.

no matter how old the account is it will climb and no if you are 1 elo below where you belong it will take time to climb .

2 Likes

but they said git gud and you will climb.
There is no such thing as elo hell.

1 Like

I believe in ELO hell. It means you are at the correct place you should be in the skill rating system.

1 Like

The only reason they’d be stuck is because the level of players at 3900 is now filled with GM and T500.
This really only hurt actual high masters players

^ Truth.
Elo hell isn’t really a thing. You just have good and bad days. Most T500 streamers are just playing for fun and are not super sweaty.
And just FYI I started in bronze so you have no excuse not to reach at least 3k. If a brain damaged chimpanzee like myself can reach 4k you can as well.

1 Like

You’re kinda wasting your time with an elo hell believer. It’s pretty much a commonly known fact that whoever brings up elo hell is just trying to excuse his lack of skill. Just people blaming a convenient scapegoat. Nothing new here. Business as usual. Made a whole thread to “see how many GMs will get stuck in Master” and, lo and behold, they climb back to GM, LMAO. What a backfire.

1 Like

LOL. Please explain then how you can lose up to 35 matches in a row in gold and then silver, resulting in 650 SR loss after two consistent seasons playing consistently in high gold. Explain how that works. Because maths says it’s absolutely impossible unless the system is rigged. The system is rigged alright? Everybody knows it. Don’t even try to defend it.

Yesterday, just for fun, I invited a current top 500 player to play wtih me using one of his alts.

He lost with me. In silver. Multiple times. I gained 6 SR that night.

The system is rigged and totally screwed up. Even stats don’t mean anything anymore, as you can’t hit anything if you’re put in a rigged match. Everything is linked to everything. If one link in the chain fails, the whole chain fails, and this chain is broken.

2 Likes

At least for you one can see why in like 10 seconds of looking at your stats.

We are in a double shield meta OR players just run Zayra/Rein in ladder and you’re still hard forcing D.va… d.va… more d.va… into your games despite a 41% win rate on d.va

Play your 58% win rate Orisa? 54% win rate Wball? Nah… your just keep forcing (and losing) on d.va

Being she is going to get burned down by Orisa, stunned by Sigma or just torched by Zayra beam. You got meta shifted out of your old high gold, down to silver.
The reason your GM friend lost a game in silver is no one can win 100% of all games.
Also some roles are easier to counter than others. Like I doubt they are a 4.5k GM widowmaker main.

1 Like

Elo hell is real. When you get matched with brand new players after win streaks, it’s very real. And you play better, you get worse teammates. It’s real.

2 Likes

Eh, it’s common sense… Judging you based on old data would defeat the purpose of having a MMR system to begin with as the only purpose it serves is to try to determine your current skill level and match you in games it think can be somewhat fair and keep evaluating how you doing and change your ranking based on your trendings.

There’s old data mined spreadsheets on reddit. They have changed the system a few times after that (think those data mined spreadsheets was valid up to season 5 or 8) but it should give you an overall picture of how the matchmaker judge you even if the current % and stats are confirmed to be tweaked.

You also have the fact that they’ve confirmed the matchmaker is an modified ELO based matchmaker and that alone should shut down any speculations that they using outdated data as ELO systems look at recent history and trends to see how well you do versus better and worse players.

If you do bad versus better players you wont really get punished for it, doing neutral/as expected versus equally skilled players will make you stay the same and losing versus worse players will make you take a rather big hit. If you trending towards a higher or lower rank by performing better than expected against players in your skill bracket it will put you to test by throwing you into a slightly harder skill bracket to see if you can make it there and if you don’t perform, you get moved back and if you are able to keep up you get to stay. \o/

2 Likes

insert Jonah Jameson meme here

2 Likes

They literally put you with brand new players after winning streaks and people with like 5k dmg/per 10 min, it’s a big joke

2 Likes

New accounts that doing placement start out with the MMR equvivlent to around 2.4k SR and it go up and down from there so if you are in that skill bracket it’s not really that weird that you get some newbies or smurfs in your or the enemy team every now and then.

Also the amount of damage you do is probably rather low on the list of variables it judge you based on because that will change from game to game a lot depending on map, your teams comp and playstyle, the enemy comp and playstyle and so on. Now 5k/10mins would be low for let’s say soldier but for a hero like doomfist it’s not really that far off from what I’d expect a doomfist to have in gold/plat.

1 Like

We are talking about relative skills. Medals mean they are doing the best in the team, however they don’t represent their overall skills. This indicator alone can tell if you have good teammates or not.

Ah my fellow tinfoiler.

Tell that to the lucio in my team who holds his ult the entire game in a plat game.

Not if I constantly get gold dmg and eli medals and always on fire but still lose the game because my teammates REALLY want me to stay in this level.

Because a lot of them are being boosted to that level and due to forced winrate, they will stay in that level. I’ve seen streamers got carried so hard and there are no braindead teammates like dps moira, trash widow unwilling to switch or healers hold their ult the entire game.

It’s pretty much a commonly known fact that after a winning streak you get braindead teammates because of the MMR system it’s using. If you can’t see that you’re either a brand new player, OW employee, or one of the reins holds his shield while the enemy surrounding him and being nanoed.

Actually I played Orisa just as often as D.Va on that day. Because I always play D.Va on offense, and Orisa on defense.

And even if it’s because D.Va is not in meta, then why wasn’t this a problem during the past two seasons in high gold? The 41% win rate says nothing: that’s after that losing streak. Before that losing streak, it was way above 50%. As I said: even stats don’t mean anything anymore, because they get distorted so much by the matchmaking.

So no, that’s not it. Then I should have dropped two seasons ago already. It’s the playerbase suddenly changing. Servers merging, people leaving Role Queue, the game dying faster than ever, an influx from smurfs, or a point of no return reached by tthe fact that no one gives a fig about the game anymore as the matchmaking system will screw it up anyway.

Last but not least: the top 500 player did not lose a game in silver. He lost multiple games in a row in silver. And I’ve seen his main account. It’s top 500. This season.

1 Like

Gold medals mean nothing unless you are ana, lucio, mercy.

being the meta shifts before were not as harsh to your hero choice and play style. You also can’t just brush off a 41% win rate as if you didn’t play the games losing 6 out of every 10 games.

stop playing D.va on attack… I mean do you want to win games and rank up or just play dva? Being it looks like you can’t do both.

this commitment people have thinking Elohell is real, most of all in the lower SR ranges where they are still learning how to play the game correct, is just bizarre.

Can we get a replay code of one of your games with said t500?

1 Like

You have to be hard throwing to lose 35 games in row, it would be hard even with hard throwing tho.

Show me one of your games, i want to see him play and how he lost. It is just a story you could made up.

Only in your head. Not in reality.

Talking from my experience as I was playing on old stuck accounts and climbed up easy.

There are no replay codes left of those matches. I played dozens of matches after this posting. If you think I make things up, don’t even read what I write. This is a fricking game forum, not a court of law.

But I did play a few other matches with that guy yesterday evening. It’s our Tracer in N4CWVZ. I’m just playing Orisa holding the point there, so not much spectacular going on from my side here. This is just to show you that I’m not making things up.

Here’s one we lost last night: KFHDST. Here he plays Genji on Attack. I’m specifically NOT looking for feedback. I have enough players around me to tell me what I’m doing right and wrong. This is just proof to show that I’m not making the story up. And of course some of you are going to say how much I suck and how much the top 500 player sucks, and how he can never be top 500 etc… Well, we all have our good and bad days, and this is all proof I have at the moment. It’s your choice to believe it or not. If you don’t: your problem, not mine.

Basically this match alone is proof already. If our group can have a top 500 player in it, other groups can too. So groups in silver and gold are contaminated by many other accounts from much higher tiers. That’s what smurfing does to a game. The result being that your SR means nothing anymore and is just one big joke. And yes, our group is guilty as charged; that doesn’t mean I have to like it. If everybody else is allowed to smurf, the only thing you can do is smurf back.

I’d be willing to play 50 euro per month for a game that countered smurfs by adhering strict account security measures, like linking them to mobile phones etc. It could be a new business model for Blizzard. But they don’t even read this forum, so it’s all in vain.

Meanwhile the win rate went up to 48% in two days. Funny eh. Same player, same D.Va, same strategy.

There were no negative meta changes for D.Va at the start of Season 23. On the contrary: she was even buffed. I know there’s been a mass exodus of tanks to Open Queue. That could have something to do with it. But the winning and losing streaks are caused by funny things going on with the playerbase. Friday nights are notoriously hard for example.

But there’s more going on. At the start of season 23, something happened. I spoke another tank who lost 40 matches in a row. That’s even more.

2 Likes