Let's Revisit the Absurdity of "Hide and Rez"

Still it was one of the arguments that was used to justify a change to the Resurrection Ultimate the ultimately resulted in a Rework that ended up working against the engagement of the basic kit of Mercy. And it should be noted that Valkyrie did not Ultimately make Mercy more healing oriented as was intended it made a net Zero change in that regard.

In terms of garbage time healing the current Valkyrie Ultimate is a waste of healing in both being too little to effectively counter damage while also being a waste of mostly full health teammates not being focused down. However, none that really matters in the end in terms of engagement. Valkyrie truly posses the issue of an Ultimate that is stat wise net zero overall and stra-wise a slight benefit, but lacking in engagement thereby reducing the sense of rewarding gameplay thereby reducing its “fun potential” which in the end is the true IMO.

11 Likes

Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaannnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnddddd muted

3 Likes

The rework did not fail and it was not pointless, since it effectively canned Mass Rez.

Mass Rez isnt going to come back. No one even cares about it anymore so its best left in the past like it should have been in the first place.

5 Likes

I agree. I’m also one to to just drop Rez entirely at this point in favor of also removing Valkyrie and replacing both with an Ultimate that is more visibility proactive but not counter acting the engagement of the base kit.

3 Likes

Just like how we were never going to get CTF, or Deathmatch.

Wait…

An excellent thread as always, Titanium. Mercy’s rework remains an embarrassing failure.

16 Likes

Actually Mass Rez would help to destroy the Ultimate SPAM = Won Teamfight issue that Seagull outlined in a video he did last year. With Mass Rez in-conjunction with another counter to Ultimate SPAM a lot could be done to discourage Ultimate SPAM = Won Teamfight without demoing the nature of Ultimates in the game as a whole.

5 Likes

What needs to be said is that while Mass Rez might very well never come back, it’s still important to point out the flawed thinking in support/defense of the rework. It failed and not acknowledging that is daring the devs to repeat such a mistake.

11 Likes

I think it worth noting that some commentary isn’t worth replying as I outlined here:

So in the end “it not coming back” and “well they change their mind” arguments really are bypassing the point entirely and are a distraction.

Except it isn’t a misconception by any stretch of the imagination. Hide and rez was common. Admitting that hide and rez was common doesn’t mean that tempo rezzes weren’t common as well.

All that effort for nothing.

1 Like

I’m just here to say that the text on all of these pill bottles is very poorly formatted. It isn’t even properly centered on the label.

I don’t get why the only solution to this is to make Mercy a must pick again. Why should this one hero be the only solution

2 Likes

I remember never hiding and just staying in the fights and reviving 2-3 allies and getting yelled at. We would still win because when the enemy mercy ran and hide we would heal as the enemies died over time and the mercy would rez 3-4 allies and be down a man resulting in another win in the fight lol. Then the rework hit and in the end my playstyle was rewarded. Not to mention she would die and result in them being a healer down.

2 Likes

I think the arguments to this effect are missing the point entirely and are a distraction to the true issue…

This is aligned with true point of the matter as it matters not whether there is Mass Rez, Rez on E, or No Rez at All. The material truly is to have engaging abilities that provide good gameplay flow and that is not achieved by removing a character’s weaknesses (removing weaknesses actually works against engagement).

2 Likes

It was the beauty IMO of knowing better the use of the Ultimate than teammates who don’t play the character.

2 Likes

I mean, yeah discuss it, but since the devs have said its never coming back, and they will never consider it, whats the point? Its wasting time, on your own accord. If you wanna waste you life then go ahead but I dont see the point in people discussing something that has been said multiple to never happen.

1 Like

The final throes of a dying movement. RIP

5 Likes

You’re delusional if you think its close to dying heh. I won’t be satisfied until I see titanium keep this up for another 2 years at least

4 Likes

I think the true point is to say bring back the experience and dispel misconceptions so a similar Rework does not happen again.

And a Revert is not necessarily required to bring back the experience in fact a Revert would may fail to bring back the experience as the true issue is not Mass Rez it is nature of engagement and how the current Ultimate works against it.

So the continued discussion of Mass Rez is the signal to the Devs of why it was engaging and hopefully taken into consideration for a new Rework.

3 Likes

I’m fashionably late Stavros.

9 Likes

Um I did say:

So where is the “must pick” in that if their is more than one solution provided to countering Ultimate SPAM assuming the addition of another hero who does so via another method.

3 Likes