Let's Revisit the Absurdity of "Hide and Rez"

Well first off you shouldn’t be wasting multiple ults. Even without mass rez that leaves you at a disadvantage when the enemy returns.

12 Likes

While I don’t recall when it was removed, they once did have a castime before the effect went off and unfortunately it was found to be working against the viability of the Ultimate if people went for the Max number of Rezzes possible since the Mercy would become the lone target. However, I believe this was during the BETA and players hadn’t necessarily figured out yet that Rezzing the most isn’t necessarily gaining the most for your team.

9 Likes

The irony here is that people are still going to read the post and discuss it if they want. I highly doubt that your reply actually made anyone go, “Hmm maybe I shouldn’t read this.”

So really you wasted your own time

8 Likes

So we should not discuss things because people who flip out at the mention of Mercy may find it?

If someone hates Mercy players more for discussing mass rez, they wouldve hated Mercy players regardless.

I’m also not a fan of telling others, as long as theyre not trolling or being bigoted, that they shouldnt discuss certian topics.

20 Likes

I was referring to the writers of such posts, not readers. Also I’m just browsing while having dinner so no time is wasted :slightly_smiling_face:

4 Likes

Actually not in this economy, as dropping a number of Ultimates at once can force the enemy to wait to do the same which by that point your team can recharge their for another Ultimate SPAM while the enemy team was delaying waiting for all their Ultimates to be charged.

3 Likes

yeah honestly i always found 3 or 2 man rezzes to be better. But I always thought they could add a small heal (75? 100?) to living teammates within range to promote more tempo rezzes to keep the fight going if they really wanted to change the play style they should change it in a more productive way.

11 Likes

I mean technically you could be enjoying your dinner more :wink:
So what’cha eating?

2 Likes

Chicken dinosaurs :grin:

3 Likes

omg my childhood, i shouldn’t be this jealous.
(I say my childhood but then again im only 16 lol)

1 Like

Mine too. Also my todayhood

2 Likes

I’ll refer you to this comment:

2 Likes

Well, if it was an active game mechanics and something that was relevant to the current state of the game I would think the discussion valuable. But it is a topic that has been covered in so many threads, and the people who hate mass-rez are set in their decisions and no logical argument is going to change their thought about it. So, this entire thread becomes a temple of internal admiration or a place where the same haters get additional fuel for their hate to take out on other discussions about Mercy. Mass-rez is not coming back and it has not been relevant for over 1.5 years. The existence of this topic is just troll bait.

4 Likes

Please, link us a screenshot of your team fighting a 10 men team. Otherwise, your argument is nothing but a fallacy.

Tell me a single exploit or bug in any popular game that has not some videos about it.

However, hiding is now mandatory for any rez. The only difference is that instead of using it before, you must use it for the time you are going to use it and you can simply stay next to a corner doing your job, hidden from the enemy’s LoS until your target dies and then you rez it (still hidden from the enemy’s LoS). If you try a rez in the open without babysitting, you’d better be playing against potatoes. When it was an ult, hide and rez was just an exploit made by a few people in higher ranks and just for climbing. The most oversized myth ever in this game.

Are you considering 60 hp/s consistent healing as her base kit something weak? Lol. If that’s true, valk must be the most underwhelming trash ult ever in the whole game’s history.

I know it isn’t. It’s simply the worst design ever.

Interesting. Why were people like you using overbuff all the time before, just for crying about Mercy being mandatory for an entire year thanks to her busted and unbalanceable E rez?

P.S.: Nop, balancing an ability by nerfing everything else is not balancing that specific ability, just showing how unbalanceable that ability is.

6 Likes

I don’t think there’s any reason to assume that there’d be less healing done during the time of hide and rez because, while Mercy wasn’t healing while hiding, there was more healing to do after she resurrected people that reworked Mercy wouldn’t have the opportunity to do.

Even if the numbers were even, there’d be a difference in quality of healing done. Healing done during garbage time after a mass rez that’s just setting your team up for failure isn’t good healing. It’s just delaying your team’s deaths for a bit, but there’ll still be healing recorded. Intentional healing done to try and win a fight where your team has yet to have been killed is good healing that gives your team a chance to win. One is still better than the other even if the numbers aren’t very different.

1 Like

I believe they meant 6 out of 10 games.

8 Likes

And it is absolutely not going to come back if it is never discussed so for those who would prefer its return they should and likely will continue unless Blizzard can provide an experience that out does Mass Rez in terms of engagement which with time Valkyrie has not done.

As for the hate it is blind and will never truly go away unless the either the playing of Mercy goes away or the players who hate seeing Mercy played go away which is unlikely to occur until the game has lost a critical mass of players.

9 Likes

That would be more reasonable, but in fact, it could be considered bad luck. For example, I saw hide and rez in 0/10 of my matches, and I was playing since before Ana’s release. I only started knowing about the hide and rez exploit when the revert back to alpha was announced and I came to the forums to complain.

Well, I eventually saw it too in some funny and lucky moments videos on youtube, but it was just once in a blue moon.

5 Likes

Maybe its a rank thing

4 Likes

I don’t know if i should laugh or cry…

Not at all.
Now you can just stand there behind your tank.

60 x 10 = 600.
If she was gone for that ammount of time during a match.

Yes. That is a tiny ammount, and wouldn’t show up in an average comparison.

Stop trolling.

5 Likes