Let's Revisit the Absurdity of "Hide and Rez"

Blizzard clearly thought Mass Resurrect wasn’t suited for the current game design which is why it was removed. Playing hide and seek wasn’t fun.

There are players who choose to do this, yes, but thats bad Mercy play and it is on the player, not on Mercy’s design; whereas with mass rez, the Mercy player was incentivized by the design of the character to withhold healing

Oh, right, sorry for not trying to outheal rip-tire, self-destruct, and dragonblade being used together on my poor team.

Don’t see anything wrong with ult design, that encourages you to save one for most critical moment.

Except current ult isn’t fun for allies and enemies alike, while mass resurrect was unfun strictly for enemy team.

As I see it, this isnt the same at all

One (simply choosing not to heal teammates) is a player problem, not a mercy problem

The other (mass rez) is Mercy problem, wherein the design of the character incentivized players to not heal their teammates

Unlike Zenyatta, we don’t have sneaky orb with no link back to us, we have nice glowing beam leading all the way back to where we are. Only thing missing from picture is sign “Flankers party this way”.

It was only viable sometimes. That’s why it was a problem. Hide n Rez was only for huge rez and huge rez was only good sometimes and not most of the time. So it meant a loss for her team.
My logic says address the issue of why Mercy is only going for huge rez despite it meaning g a loss. Not throwing the mechanic away

1 Like

Have to admit, I went for 4 players rez almost all the time, since team didn’t have second healer to tank possible enemy ults. Getting used to that, when you consistently see 5 DPS, or 4 DPS + 1 tank in your team.

To me, this too sounds like a player problem, not a character problem

If the beam is perceived as a problem, I would recommend that the player perceiving such to play Zenyatta, not Mercy

doesn’t matter. they didn’t want it as a playstyle at all they didn’t want it in the game. so they removed what allowed it.

1 Like

Which heals even less, so no, thank you. It’s my playstyle - not being a target as much as possible. Which means that beam should be hidden behind teammates, or, if most of them died, not be used. Teammates sticking to covers also help, as it allows to change positions without giving it away immediately.

I agree. Turret kills is how many a pharah go down.

It’s why they never were prepared for my hot Cheeto load :smiling_imp::smiling_imp:

I like flying around and I know my teammates love healing, so that’s false. As for the enemy team? It used to be hell for them but at this point Mercy is slow enough to be taken down unless she’s not careful.

I think she’s almost perfect right now but I wish they’d bump up her healing a tiny bit.

They didn’t say that. They said, we don’t like hide n Rez. So kill the strat. Not the mechanic. Or at least try.

2 Likes

You can heal them without ult, too, and no a single teammate will ask you to use Valkyrie. But they will ask you to rez them.

To engage a fight? Yes they will? What? I’ve been asked plenty of times (usually I do it on my own accord though)

Never saw a single time this happening, either with me or other Mercy players. Not a single teammate wanted Valkyrie. But they still ask for healing, when dead, to ask for resurrection.

no they didn’t want it in the game, which is why they removed mass rez. blizzard knows how to get rid of something. if they wanted the strat to be less viable they wouldn’t have reworked her. they wanted it gone.

just like they want goats gone and are killing everything that makes it so strong.

I mean, for me, huge rez eas only useful in similar situations for me. I think my absolute best mercy game was before Moira came and my team had me solo heal and all five went tanks. I had like , 25,000 healing and 22 rezzes and two we’re huge rezzes which was abnormal for me. But there was no way I could tempo consistently and keep my other tanks alive at the same time.

But again, that was more strat and an outlier of when huge rez works.

1 Like

Maybe it’s a rank thing, I don’t know. Sorry you don’t like Valkyrie, but I’ll continue to love it until it’s removed (which I doubt it will ever be in the next 5 years) :slight_smile:

Well, I can’t like ultimate, that does very poor job of sustaining my teammates. If it healed 120 hps, that would be different story. As for flight - GA + Pharah as teammate worked much better, with no need to spend ultimate.