Let's Revisit the Absurdity of "Hide and Rez"

Rez is restricted to the enemy being dead

Is Mercy hiding? You don’t need ults. It’s a five v six.

Is she there? Ult her same as everyone else.

Chance she could live? Don’t blow blade, pulse, and high noon into grav. Be smart. She is.

2 Likes

Then they should work on their matchmaking.

1 Like

Then kill Mercy faster. Don’t be salty you can’t follow one person with a weak midfight, and restricted ult use

1 Like

Or, they can trim out the one ult that dragged out fights. Which they did :slight_smile:

Fights still get dragged out, that’s what tanks with support ults stacked on them are for. Because it’s legitimate strategy.

And I find it most enjoyable, too, when game(for once) asks you to come up with a plan, instead of brute forcing your way through defensive ults.

1 Like

Except they didnt. The average fight hasn’t changed because now you have cooldown rez which means it takes longer to start or finish a fight regardless of a mercy players skill. At least before, a constantly dead mercy never had rez.

2 Likes

I haven’t had a 40 minute game in many, many seasons.

I never had a forty minutes game. Thus why personal anecdotes can only be used as examples. Similarly, something I got good at is sniping with torb. It doesn’t mean his cheeto puff is the answer to pharah for most players, or conceptually.

Know for sure, that one point maps can easily have up to 6 rounds. Not very different from single game, that lasts so long.

Total mayhem in arcade is famous for very long rounds, too. Even 40 minutes not the limit - one of games lasted 1 hour 20 minutes. Surprisingly, it’s actual test of teamwork, as single ults usually achieve nothing.

The same can be said in reverse too. But you see people making that argument get gaslighted every second of every day they try to state that point. And apparently that’s completely OK but only when it perpetuates that hide and Rez happened everywhere.

I never engaded in hide and Rez. Out of my coworkers that played OW, 3 were Mercy mains and one of them hid and Rezed. Out of the remaining coworkers, another 2 played Mercy on a fairly regular basis when flexing, and one engaged in hide and Rez. Out of the DPS mains 3 of the 5 didn’t even know what hide and Rez was when the rework hit and were confused AF, the other 2 DPS mains knew what it was, and one had seen it a lot in high diamond, the other in mid plat saw it regularly but in her words it wasn’t any worse than getting double snipers or 5 DPS. Out of the 2 tank main coworkers, one saw hide and Rez a lot in plat, the other saw it occationally in silver. The others I never really got anything definitive about their experiences as they only played QP.

Everyone’s experiences differ. That can’t possibly be true if its happening everywhere or happening no where. The other thing that was interesting was the higher ranked players saw it far more and the cases with hide and Rez the team doing it lost more than they won, but because it wildly over rewarded SR gain and wildly diminished SR loss you could still climb with a sub 50% win rate. The Mercy player I knew who did hide and Rez was very slowly climbing with a 38% win rate and it disgusted me since myself at 65% win rate was dropping, and my other coworker not doing it was dropping at 57% win rate. Hence my stance that its being wildly overblown by many and equally over down played by others.

Its OK to slam people who say it wasn’t happening nearly as much as it was claimed to be happening. Its OK to call them any form of delusional or ignorant or insane that you want, as we see happening even in this thread, and despite it being dancing on the line of the COC it will literally never be actioned. Its OK to ignore any stats that could possibly be procured to back up any narrative that hide and Rez wasn’t as common as people say it was and call them subjective or disingenuous no matter the pains taken to be accurate or to explain what is being seen.

But! If you dare question someone who says hide and rez “happened in LITERALLY. EVERY. GAME.” suddenly you’re the nomination for the villian of the decade and any efforts to defend yourself are liable to be actioned if you approach toeing the line of the COC even though those slandering you openly will never be. Efforts to demonstrate that it happened all the time with anything anecdotal or any data that is equally filled with subjective considerations somehow becomes rock hard statistical proof beyond doubt that it happened every where every time.

“Youtube views are proof.” Please. I could go make a video about how hide and Rez was caused by ignorance about target priority and inflate the view count to 1 million and suddenly I would have the strongest proof about hide and Rez being a myth even though it’d be complete garbage. Video likes? Who says everyone of those are even of people playing the game or doing it. It could very well be people who are seeking proof hide and rez existed liking the video to inflate the number of likes. It could also be 100% only mercy players who did it. No one knows, but it’s being passed as if it is absolutely known.

If people reveal they don’t subscribe to hide and Rez having happened everywhere even for similar reasons as my above explained personal experience, they are often met with assumption that they’re just a boosted Mercy main or slave to Aria or some other garbage. If anyone tries to reason their point on the forums, no form of proof is good enough and they can expect to be met with flags and logocal fallacies galore to shut down discussion and derail. Literally its a no win situation unless you blindly jump in with the sheep who say it happened everywhere and anything contrary is wrong, or you can choose to be a good little pocket that just sits down and shuts up accepting what ever is thrown your way.

Seriously the double standards in this community are disgusting, and I’m pretty done with being nice about it. Consequently, the community in this game is also why literally not one of the people I work with play the game anymore. Also, if you think Mercy players are just whining that Mercy got done wrong and her problems aren’t being ignored, go try to watch the ingame demonstration of mercys abilities and ultimate. They’re probably still broken from the day the rework launched. (If its not still broken, then its about time OW, it only took a year, and everyone else including other reworked heros works.)

Edit: breaking up that novel of a paragraph.

5 Likes

N7, I believe it was officially decided that this was called floor nachos :slight_smile:

What?? As if. Don’t be mad because Jeff made a 3hr movie explaining that torb is a Cheeto not dorito man. Let it go. No one likes the five second rule floor nachos :joy:

Also, I will bet you the amount of the tip that the waiter in oasis didnt need that it has happened - a Pharah has died in floor nachos

but

not nearly as many as to to the lost and lamented level 3 turret

Let’s not. Mass Rez Mercy is gone and is never coming back. Let . It. Go.

no that’s not what happened at all. they didn’t want mercy players intentionally letting teammates die to get mass rez off. so they removed mass rez, because so long as it existied, that would be a viable tactic.

Its not weird logic if you actually use logic. :roll_eyes:

Well, we still intentionally let teammates die, if our healing isn’t going to save them.
Nothing changed, except us expecting second healer to do it instead.

1 Like

In other words, pretty much all the time.

Yes, since 50 hps is equal to one of most weak attacks in game - Moira’s vampire beam. And going down with the team isn’t part of to-do list.

Almost only moments, when 50 hps was enough, were with teammate peaking from behind corner.

good to see someone else that gets banned a lot return to the scene to spread facts that cliff terios and the other “pros” dont like

so you openly admit that it was a strategy. one that NO MATTER WHAT would exist so long as mass rez existed. and that strategy, the developers wanted out of the game. making the only way to get rid of said strategy, removing mass rez.