Let's Revisit the Absurdity of "Hide and Rez"

The strategy would exist so long as Resurrect, as a whole, exists. The only way to get rid of the strategy is to get rid of Resurrect. Now, since we know that they aren’t going to be doing that anytime soon, the next best thing after that is to advocate for a better version of Resurrect. In other words, one that works as an ultimate.

They said no such thing. Don’t lie.
Similarly, they didn’t like grenade making a free heal zone. They didn’t remove grenade, they tweaked it.
I think they don’t know everything because they aren’t Gods. I think this armor patch isn’t the answer to fixing goats properly. I think the answer to emp bot wasn’t what they fixed, and I hate the torb and symm changes.
The best fixes they have done isn’t reworks or hard changes but tweaks. Solider, Lucio, Hanzo (ish).
Mercy should have had her rez tweaked. Not removed.

1 Like

no it wont though because you cant hide and let your team intentionally die to get mass rez off anymore. they want mercy to let her team die to get a rez off.

It already works like that: your healing often is so bad, that it’s better to let teammate die and resurrect them, than trying to heal them.

Can’t heal tank fast enough? Let them die.

I don’t think anyone especially Mercys have ever seriously said that it didn’t exist as a strategy. Its a bad strategy that hurt your team far more than it helped and it started becoming a prominent thing after 2 things happened:

1. Invulnerability on Rez.
  2. SR got tweaked with Orisa launch to accomidate stats like amping because Mercy before hand didn’t matter enough to see that stat. After the SR changes it was found that nearly nothing gave fire other than Rezes and to a much lesser degree damaging, and fire/SR are very closely related in that higher fire = higher SR because the system thinks you’re playing well.

Hence, since the means and the reason to do so existed, people started doing it.

2 Likes

they literally said “we don’t like mercy telling her team to die on point or letting them die to get off a rez”

if you don’t like it you don’t want it in the game.

I didn’t lie at all. you are just trying to knee cap what the statement means.

1 Like

The old adage “pick your poison” seems to apply here

You can still let your teammate intentionally die to Res. That is the underlying issue with “Hide n Res”. The difference now is that it’s more tedious to deal with and is more rewarding. Again, such a problem is always going to be a problem unless you delete Resurrect.

1 Like

My problem is that Mercys are being blamed for having to chose one in the first place.

2 Likes

More like it’s encouraged, by healing being nerfed. You got ability to restore dead to full health, and you will try to heal them to full health instead, which takes much longer?

Then make it so she didn’t have to tell them to die on point or let them die to get off a Rez?

That’s strat. Not mechanic. They didn’t like the strat.

1 Like

Personally, I love Valkyrie because it does an excellent job of sustaining my teammates - I use it proactively to keep them up rather than reactively to flee the battle

In my opinion, a good Mercy uses all of her kit, and doesnt refuse to use part of it

Well yeah,

Ignorant teammates are ignorant teammates

Nothing is ever going to change that yo

Sure I’ll stick to the Winston diving the entire team and gets murdered by the bastion but I’m not going to feel bad or insulted when he complains I suck lol

1 Like

If you actually watched the dev update video, they said they tried to address it and they could get it to work, in any iteration that they tried. Nothing they did could have stopped hide and rez or stopped mercy from dying immediately if the spell had a cast time with LOS. It just doesn’t work, Im sorry they let you have a broken ult for as long as they did. But hey, at least they let you still have a broken mechanic that shouldn’t exist in any game at all.

Just let him die. Don’t make his mistake your mistake as well.

Pick your poison or pros and cons. I prefer pros and cons. It implies thought

I wouldn’t do it if I didn’t think I could escape myself~

Winston is a pretty fun tank to heal. Can almost always be sure your damage boost won’t go to waste

Well, if one knows to use their giant shield, they can be great with boost. Good for GA jumping too.

Hide and rez was popular the same way tracer and insta-locking dps is popular

you got a bunch of points out of it and No one could say you weren’t doing anything.

that statement is obviously false but that doesn’t mean the game isn’t plagued with people saying how they are doing so much for the team despite only camping one hero that isn’t stomping your team and then proceed to complain about lack of heals while running into a 1v5.

I’d like to see this return if only to watch it die naturally as mercy wouldn’t get nearly as much points towards it as she used to get and there only vapid excuse no longer works.

I think the answer to hide n Rez was in the mechanic but the strat. The strat was the problem and one that came with a bad reward system that hasn’t gone away. Mercy shouldn’t be rewarded so highly for rez. Fix that, and punish her losses more severely appropriately and the strat dies

1 Like