Let's Revisit the Absurdity of "Hide and Rez"

You accused me of a shady tactic by using bias when I generally just care for this game. And yeah considering I’m active in the media front of overwatch I got to see the comments and was in game hearing the solid rejoicing of it at that time.
It was seen as a massive plus by most people. And then the topic died down except for here on the forums where the same handfuls of people are always bringing up topics about wanting mass rez back, and then multiple fresh other opinions form people I don’t readily recognize seem to carry an opinion against bringing mass rez back.

You call that being nice? That’s snide.
“derogatory or mocking in an indirect way.” We can disagree and remain civil.

1 Like

The ability currently in the game, wouldn’t be in the game if not for Mass Rez and the outrage/ controversy surrounding it hadn’t existed.

Also the “hide and rez” thing often comes up when discussing any sort of new ideas or changes to Mercy’s current kit, therefore its prudent to discuss that particular idea and challenge it if we want to move forward.

Mass Rez is also still a sticking point for people when they discuss any sort of Mercy balance change, people will often refer to Mercy 1.0 with Mass Rez.
Mass Rez happened and it affected how people view Mercy and how they will view Mercy, pretending it didn’t doesn’t help anyone.

2 Likes

It makes ult economy more pervasive for both sides of the field.

Mercy enemies would know when she have her ult ready (ult tracking is really easy on enemy healers), and would be aware to not burn through all their ults on the first wipe. If they throw 3 DPS ults into a graviton, then Rez would be a slap on the face for them to learn how to not overkill.

Mercy herself would have to be constantly aware of the state of all other 11 ultimates in the match to decide when would be the right time to pull off the rez. You shouldn’t rez at first opportunity because of the reasons you stated, and you shouldn’t save for huge rez because those events are as rare as a teamkill from a DPS ult.

Mercy allies, however, would return to having to drop a sandwich quickly because they got rezzed without warning in the middle of the fight. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

3 Likes

Nice post Titanium, as always. I will always support you :3
#ReworkMercy #BringBackOurHero

1 Like

A large portion of people are faced with an issue, and are vocal about said issue.
Still shows that there is an issue that a large portion of your community faces.

Ergo, should probably be addressed.

3 Likes

I literally ruined my old keyboard by knocking over a bowl of noodles when i got rezzed in comp >:C GG 190$ Keyboard, victims of mass rez are REAL. Rest in RIP Logitech keyboard, you will be missed.

2 Likes

And thus those players shouldn’t really be making a strong stance one way or the other.

Sure, a bunch of them could say they’d like mass Res, but that could be entirely out of curiosity more than anything as they literally do not know what they’re getting themselves into.

The conversation of whether or not something was good should stick to those who were actually around to experience it. If you need to rely on the head count of those who are too inexperienced to know what they’re talking about, you probably don’t have a strong backing to begin with.

I didn’t see it as shady. Just incorrect. But okay. Apologies.

Now if only this could be proven. If not, I can simply just bring up my personal experiences. It sorta conflicts with what you’ve said and experienced. :sweat_smile:

It’s subjective which is probably why I didn’t see it as snide. Either way, I can assure you that that wasn’t my intention. My intention has always been to remain civil and appropriate. :innocent:

1 Like

Um… Mercy received a healing-per-second nerf, and corresponding Ult cost reduction to compensate.

1 Like

A large portion of the population believe immunization causes autism. That doesn’t mean anyone should pay attention to them or lend them any credibility; and the only method of addressing such persons is ensuring that the anti-immunization crowd gets a huge ban-hammer from society.

Not saying that vocal Mercy mains should be banned, but these topics add nothing new and are getting tiresome indeed.

3 Likes

The bolded part is the important part. What a huge number of people want (not saying the person you quoted is one of them) is for Mercys to shut up and be good little pockets that quietly accept what ever is thrown our direction. Even if what is thrown our way is a fat turd sandwich and being slandered based on “skill” elitism.

Thats why a lot of Mercys either ignore a lot of posts, continue to post similar topics, or get defensive and hostile extremely quickly.

5 Likes

Only the last OP datapoint is at the same time of this change.

1 Like

Said the one trying to compare pre and post mass rez based on healing alone…

4 Likes

Maybe you’re just rough around the edges, I’m so used to catching people who use anything available to discredit someones argument rather than putting in things that are tangible and friendly in nature. So maybe i misjudged your position, sorry about that :stuck_out_tongue:

I might go revisit it and see the youroverwatch comments section about the patch regarding the removal of mass rez and brb with that on a count of 100 or so comments as a small sample size c:

I do try to not let bias slip in and just have a solidly disconnected intellect based argument on the things “I” know. I’m not immune to being wrong though :wink:

Actually a minority of the population are Anti Vaxxers, and people often address their concerns with scientific studies in an attempt to change their minds and prevent them from causing themselves or other harm through ignorance. And the reason we think that minority is a majority is because their vocal complaints are ADDRESSED given that they actually pose a threat to communities.

If the devs would actually address any of our concerns, id be willing to bet there would be a lot less spam.

I’m humouring you with that comparison, I think its mildly ridiculous to compare someone being upset at the state of a character in a videogame should be compared to someone wilfully endangering their children and their community.

7 Likes

Mass Resurrect is never coming back, sorry.

1 Like

did you start writing this like 6 months ago because your late.

I’m just doubtful about the majority being for the rework because even Jeff himself stated that the opinions were pretty split between hating and loving the rework. There was no real majority. Atleast, not one that was clear.

You told me to bring proof of 10 players on the enemy team. Something i never once stated.

Then you start being rude.

Please stop harassing.

• Comparing the average healing output per game of a Hero after changes made to their kit and attempting to see if there was often periods of decreased or no healing impacting the average healing per game prior to said change.
2 Likes