Let's make Valkyrie into an E ability

This clear debuff thing might appear on a new support.

Remind me what target prioritization and positioning knowledge Transendence and Sound Barrier require that you all praise as “fun” and “impactful”?

1 Like

I agree that one can certainly talk in an original post only of moving Valkyrie to a cooldown ability

…however…

it is also then reasonable for readers of such a post to wonder…if Valkyrie isnt Mercy’s ult, what does her ult become?

from that, it is also then reasonable for those same readers to look at the fact that with single rez moved off the cooldown, and further, that there have been many threads by the OP suggesting the return of mass rez - that this suggested change then becomes the forerunner to the return of mass rez to the ultimate slot

None of that is unreasonable

It is completely natural/normal/legit - and topical - to discuss the effects of an ult being reduced and moved to a cooldown ability, as the ultimate must then be replaced by…something else

what then is that “something else”

tldr: posts regarding the replacement ult are topical

4 Likes

Who in their right of mind would create an entirely new thread just to respond to another thread.

3 Likes

Its really sad that people have a mindset like this, claiming people have no lives simply because they want their old hero to come back.

6 Likes

this sounds a lot like BigMainLittleChains

Rez as an ult can work in a lot of ways, I really don’t think OP just wants Mass Rez back

4 Likes

the OP has spoken in favor of the return of mass rez many times

5 Likes

I’m sorry but you must be mistaking me for someone else, I haven’t said anything about those.

The tradeoff being. Rez still wont be her ultimate, frick mass rez in particular

Oh well, I guess I was wrong. I was just going by the Valk idea.

Understood, and np…

What if healing in new valk also healed say, 15% of the targets max health a sec? It’d make healing tanks much less of a chore.

Also, I’d avoid modifying reload speed and instead modify cooldown speeds. It’d make specific characters (Tracer, McCree flashfan) much better, but cooldowns are good for everyone.

Your idea will lead to Soldier-Mercy combo.

You will be constantly dealing with Soldier spamming tons of damage endlessly, with that 50% reload time - faster visor -> even more damage spam.

It’s creative. I like the core of these ideas. Your numbers may be a little off, but it doesn’t matter for a concept.
This reminds me to these old threads talking about an E ability for Mercy (back when rez was her ult).

Sadly, rework and creativity doesn’t go together here…
And yes, the forum doesn’t lose time to start whining about rez… I would happily give rez for anything. Even if it’s a broken ult that does nothing.

2 Likes

i honestly love ur posts regarding mercy.

OP: Very complicated idea for a hero that’s perfectly balanced right now. Pass

3 Likes

Thanks.

I am attacked daily, and it is unusual for me to get a compliment…much appreciated

1 Like

Man I wish I knew where the post was, but there was a blue post about something similar to this.

The devs were testing things with Mercy’s damage boost, and their example was movement speed, but it just wasn’t working out the way they’d like to see so they dropped it but they are currently looking into making Mercy’s damage boost have a second effect on the target.

i realize the clear effect buff for mercy is good but also bad at the same time, its good for a mercy buff but that would kill ana.

I would assume if Mercy’s healing output was left alone, Ana would be fine. She’s still the go-to for healing the tanks due to the type of healing she provides.