Let's assume there is a Hidden Room in Paris

And there is a certain voice line to open it.
Wouldn’t it make sense to limit the hero options to those in Talon?

The letter was from the organization itself, maybe that’s a clue to get in?

1 Like

I think people already tried that. There’s a big mega-thread with people searching all over the map for clues. I’d ask them if they’ve tried everyone yet.

4 Likes

The letter is unrelated to Paris. We have nothing that links Paris to Talon or vice versa, and the letter was about a hit squad in Haiti.

There is no hidden room in Paris, and even if there were one, it would be unrelated to the Cuerva document.

it’s about this line :

Paris is a city of hidden gems, search out the speakeasies and hidden places as you roam the city. The right word might get you into a place you never knew existed.

in this new entry : Bon Voyage: Paris Travel Guide - News - Overwatch

2 Likes

Or an omnic
Or an Overwatch agent (Blackwatch?)
many possibilities.

1 Like

That is likely just flavour text, like the mention of a Rejuvenation chamber on Oasis.

I know, I was just explaining Jewvia why people went crazy about it, because of this sentence ^^ I’m not the one trying to get behind a fake door, trust me ;p

1 Like

Assuming there is a hidden “room”, this is how I decrypted the message:

1. “The right word” is singular. Is this only one word?
  2. “Search out the speakeasies”; speakeasies meaning a bar.
  3. Many are spamming voicelines but what about chat text and voicechat?
  4. The message never said a “room”. It said “places” so it may even be an alternative route assume there is one: “a place you never knew existed”

Personally I’m on the fence if a hidden room really exists. The map construction does have many gates, doors and even walls that link to nowhere. It could even be similar to Junkrat’s room. :thinking:

3 Likes

It could be the word right, literally

In which they serve alcohol. So the word could be beer or sake…

2 Likes

Near the security camera door everyone is looking at there is 2 starts hidden behind a ball. Could be a two star hero to open the door?

1 Like

The two stars are a reference to France’s two World Cup wins.

3 Likes

Not that im saying you are lying or wrong but how do you know that?

1 Like

https://medium.com/@ltgaila345/transcript-english-translation-of-alphacasts-interview-with-a-lead-character-artist-on-overwatch-73c6a4ddfdef

Because Renaud Galand confirmed it.

2 Likes

I do think that it’s going to be something maybe when the new hero is released because if you glitch out of the limits of the map you can’t reach the omnic door area. When you go out of the map you can go anywhere so there’s an extra invisible wall for that area.

2 Likes

link to the mega thread?

1 Like

I think the Devs are just having their fun for the moment. Hero 30 would be in the PTR in the PTR next week/after it (as in Brig Feb 28).

In the entertainment business there is a trick of using “Noodle Incidents” (e.g. Marvel’s Black Widow/Hawkeye–what happened in Budapest) to bait the excitement of fans, while there are no actual event happening or yet.

It’s been only 2-3 days since the ARG started, and the devs are probably plotting for players to explore to no-end phase until Jean-Baptiste PTR release. There are many speculations in Reddit for fun, e.g.:

• The door near Paris Spawn A
  • Specific voicelines to activate it
  • Specific piano composition to unlock it (e.g. the poster of Cadmus et Hermione which is an opera by Jean-Baptiste Sully)

This is the first re-introduction of the Overwatch Hero ARG big enough since Sombra ARG of 2017 (discounting small ones like: Harold Winston’s chair in Lijiang and Hammond’s cage in Lunar Colony). If Blizzard learnt anything, is that would simplify ARGs/keeping it a minimal:

So logically IMHO: the character to unlock the secrets would be Jean-Baptiste/Hero 30 a.k.a they didn’t load it to the PTR/Official map YET… why?

• It would be impossible for new (or even veteran) players to unlock the 300-400 voicelines with golds of every Hero in the roster, because the gold in PTR is mirrored from an old “screenshot” of the real server, so there would be problems if you spent it.
  • It would be more likely easier, gold-wise and plot-wise, for Jean/Hero 30 with only 10 voicelines to be grinded/unlocked in the 1-week PTR phase of the hero. Plot-wise: why would anyone build a Talon/Overwatch hideout so openly. It’s not like Widow would/Reaper would walk in like that.

It’s most likley gonna open when Hero 30 arrives.

1 Like

I said this in another thread - if there is indeed a special room, most probably it’s going to be in the Attackers spawn. I can’t see the developers making a hidden room that requires you to do some elaborate trick during a match, essentially wasting time and throwing the game by not playing the objective just for a short amusement. Its gonna be something like the hidden treasure room in Junkertown.

The blog (to me) was more related to Paris and it’s hidden gems within. I don’t really think there is a hidden area BUT I would love developers to put one in since the community is having a blast “treasure hunting” for Easter Eggs.

There are plenty of places where this could pop up.

1. The VIP path from the cabaret.
  2. Curtains behind Luna.
  3. Omnic only building with “We are watching”.
  4. (My fave) On the right side of point B there is a massive gate, this could be an alternative flanking route.
  5. At the left side of spawn, there is a gate leading into an arcade.

Mechanically it may just be a matter of aiming the recital and using a voiceline/emote such as talking into an intercom. :thinking: