Let us opt out of maps already

Nope you can’t. People get reported for that. When you commit to a match, you must stay 'till the very end (unless you have some emergency or a disconnect, of course).

Leavers are part of what’s making the whole Overwatch experience pretty bad these days.

then those are false reports because you are allowed to leave the match within the first few seconds during the hero assembly phase. This was stated by Blizzard themselves

Nope you are not allowed to leave a match even if it’s at start, nor are you allowed to boycott a game mode or a map. If one can’t abide by those simple rules, they should either play solo games or play 5v5 against bots (I think that mode still exists somewhere in the training sub menu).

You can leave if you have an emergency or a disconnect. Boycotting parts of the game by insulting said content and leaving right after can stand for so many things such as “inactivity” “griefing”, “disrupting gameplay” and simple toxicity depending on what the player has said before leaving (usually insulting teammates or a specific game mode / map).

This is incorrect. You are allowed to leave the match during the initial hero select phase. This was officially stated.

Ok, don’t complain when people do just that in Competitive right after the match can’t be canceled anymore and you lose a match because someone left on purpose :man_shrugging:. Thanks in advance.

it’s not our fault push sucks

everyone is starting to hate this game more and more over time

When people think it’s ok to leave a match whenever they want without being punished, you can’t expect from honest players to stick around. Of course they’re gonna play other games where being a leaver or toxic is truly punished (no matter if it’s unraked or not).

i dont know what to tell you

blizz drops your rank at the start of the season now. so if you’re silver and climb to gold 1, next season you’re back at silver

so rank doesn’t mean shhhit to a lot of people anymore

there is also hidden ratings and public ratings

who the hell even knows what blizz is doing. this game is just bad design on at least 5 different lvls

As a clarification - I made a statement in reference to quick play. The statement remains true regardless of our personal feelings on the matter.

Quick Play and Competitive have the same rules regarding the playerbase toxic behavior. I report toxic leavers the same way in QP or competitive, like it or not.

Call it false reporting as much as you want, it is not. Blizzard stated themselves (many times) that any disruptive gameplay was reportable. I simply abide by what they said.

Simple example : saying “Eff” this game mode or map" + leaving the match = reportable offense.

This is incorrect.

See:

As per the rules of the game as confirmed officially by the developers, players may leave quick play matches at the start.

There’s no other way to interpret the words above that you’ve just read.

Abusive chat is a separate category and is indeed reportable.

I hope this clarifies the matter.

It is correct. You can’t euphemize a toxic behavior just because it happened in a different game mode. A toxic behavior is a toxic behavior, no matter the mode, period.

This post doesn’t say anything about voluntarily boycotting a game mode repeatedly, nor making toxic comments before leaving (no matter when it happens).

This quote was most likely regarding people having an IRL emergency at the start of a match, which is also ok in Competitive (since the match is simply canceled then).

I will look for the quote regarding disruptive gameplay Jeff Kaplan wrote and linked it to you, as well, if you want this to be that kind of “contest”.

Again, this post doesn’t say anything about the toxicity most leavers spread before leaving, nor the backfills issues.

It’s part of the leavers issue as leaving a match for other reasons than IRL emergency is inherently toxic in a game (and ruin the game experience to others). Hence, why most games punish those behaviors no matter if the match is ranked or not.

I hope you get the difference now.

The game we’re discussing is Overwatch.

Leaving a quick play game at the start is permissible in Overwatch per the developer statement.

As the matter has been clarified multiple times now I won’t be responding further.

No. We have enough cut content as it is.

They should just rework the damn push mode.

And quit with their idiotic “mao rotation” idea. Put ALL maps into rotation, at once. That way any map you hate you won’t see often. And you don’t have to wait for multiple seasons to sometimes get the maps you like.

It depends on the reasons they leave and how they leave it (and the behavior they had).

You’re welcome for letting me clarified this for you. I won’t be answering or discussing this any further either.

Cheers.

I did say I wouldn’t respond further but since I haven’t covered this specific point:

It is impossible to know the reasons a person has since no player has the ability to read another player’s mind.

Regarding “behaviour” - as was already stated - abusive chat is reportable.

Thanks for the discussion!

Then you’d be playing nothing, cause everyone else would avoid the one map you choose.

You did that before, it was called Overwatch. But, all the DPS mains complained they had to “wait 10 minutes in queue for a 2 minute game” on some 2CP map, so you have push. I knew it was gonna be bad the moment I played it in the beta. It’s like if the payload was running back as soon as the defending team stopped you.

Control is actually really good and easy to play

Okay but why are we forced to play with the same team for more than one round? END IT AT ONE ROUND BECAUSE EVERYONE THROWS FOR THE NEXT TWO. You’ll save time and the backfill problem will be greatly reduced.