Let us opt out of maps already

I would happily wait 4 hours if necessary if it meant not getting a damn control map. there’s absolutely no reason for us to not have this choice

13 Likes

I’d pay for never play push again

19 Likes

in quick play you can just leave the match

1 Like

that just ruins other peoples fun and you’re eventually penalised

5 Likes

There are tons of reasons not to have it.

It is not like there is significant penalty for leaving anyway if bothers you so much.

Game mode select screen is long overdue. Than add Assault back as an option if people want to play it.
Select at least two or three:
Payload
Hybrid
Push
Assault
Control

Nah, this’ll just make certain maps/modes impossible to get.

I’d rather have a second map pool to choose from.

3+ years development and push was the best they could come up with. It’d be hilarious if it weren’t so depressing.

7 Likes

Something tells me you would be complaining hard core and not happy with this at all.

Ah yes, turn OW in CS where every map is de_dust2, AHEM, I mean, Kings Row.

2 Likes

Never happening. It will hurt the dev’s egos.

I wouldn’t mind it as much if it didn’t have the most maps out of any other game mode. The increased amount of matches I play on KoTH have exasperated any patience and tolerance I had for that mode.

I’m so tired of playing on back-to-back KoTH maps. I’m so sick of Lijiang Tower and Ilios. I didn’t even used to mind Ilios but having to play on it so damn much has ruined any fun I have on it.

And Push needs to be removed while they iron out maps. Colosseo and New Queen’s Street are awful. The long narrow straight-aways are so stupid.

1 Like

if it meant not getting ilios every other match i’d be happy with it

you should be fine to leave within the first few seconds of joining. There is no penalty for leaving then as far as I’m aware unless they changed it

Nope. Only active games. Leaving at choosing character is good.

1 Like

It won’t be a problem if it uses it as priority and only has the map as a last resort so you at least see it less. This is a real thing in Rocket league and those maps are mostly cosmetic.

REMOVE ALL CONTROL MAPS. Seriously nobody knows how to play them at all. Nothing but worthless afkers and throwers. Garbage waste of time maps only designed to inflate player numbers because of how long they take.

It’s not a bad idea, but I dunno if the example supports your point honestly.

Cosmetic differences don’t really contribute to the core gameplay, whereas Overwatch maps (for better or worse objectively and subjectively) do affect the way the games are played.

it’s honestly a miracle that this game isn’t only kings row/eichenwalde/hollywood otherwise i’d be playing overwatch nonstop

I just meant that Overwatch has MORE of a reason to implement it than Rocket League since Overwatch maps are more of a factor in winning or losing a game