Let the Kitsune guide you: A first look at Kiriko's concept and playstyle

You mean OW2 = asianwatch

can’t wait for the hog one trick to force supports to switch to kiriko :pensive:
but don’t worry guys you have lots of options for heroes that do similar things… (im joking don’t hurt me)

(watched both videos and enjoying her more) So when is the Animated Short?

1 Like

A kitsune does not necessarily need nine tails, that’s just one legend surrounding them. IIRC kitsune literally just means fox, so the supernatural creature we call a kitsune in modern times is a collection of all the ancient Japanese legends surrounding foxes.

I will ask it since it needs asking…why do you like bloating kits before fixing issues with your current support kits?

ana has 2 heroes worth in her kit.
this is a hybrid made of multiple other heroes (genji, lucio, bap).

You currently have 2 supports (moira and mercy) who have legit bottom of the barrel pickrate vs every other support.

Fix whats broken before adding new please (as how can you balance new stuff when you cant balance what you have?).

Kiriko sounds nice but please stop ignoring your older supports for new ones like you ditched OW1 for OW2.

3 Likes

Is this consumer friendly addon just that they won’t make everything FOMO based or is everything still bs? :joy:

K.
When are you gonna fix some of those 7 years old issues? They’re old enough to be in the first grade!!!

This 100%. Adding new heroes is great but at the same time they need to look at the ones already in the game and balance them against the newer ones as time goes on.

Throwing new heroes in and calling it good isn’t any form of balance.

1 Like

Hi. I’ve been a support main since season one, and a genji/tracer-like support is perfect. The only issue I have, as someone who is Japanese, is the voice actor’s pronunciation of “kitsune”. Many Japanese may not want to speak up or complain, and I somewhat don’t feel right doing so, but I really care a lot about the game.

There seems to be a very American pronunciation upon what should be “kitsune”, not “kit-TSU-ne”. I feel like I’m listening to a bad dubbed version of Naruto. Genji and Hanzo were fine, and her other voice lines in Japanese are fine. I just want to ult without cringe, and be proud of our female Japanese hero. Kiriko, the hero, would not pronounce it that way.

If you could consider my feedback, I would greatly appreciate it. Regardless, thank you for all that you do for our community! :cherry_blossom:

I’m loving everything about her so far but my main pet peeve is “let the kitsune guide you”. Why not just call it a fox? Like calling it a kitsune in her native tongue version of the ult line makes sense but why not go full english for the friendly like like literally every other characters? This comes off as really out of place. Like if it was a uniquely japanese word id get it but…

That’s be like if Genji went “The Ryu becomes me!” when doing a friendly ult.

1 Like

Now that both of u mention it, you both kinda make fair points. Like, why not say something like “Let the spirit guide you” or at least change the voice line so that it is properly pronounced if we r going to stick with the voice line of “Let the Kitsune guide you.” I mean, in fairness, as I’ve been nowhere else outside the U.S, I kinda made the same mistake in pronunciation of the word “kitsune.” I was saying “kit-su-nay” for the way I’ve been saying it, and I can very much be saying kitsune incorrectly, no matter how much anime I have watched. (and if I had to shoot a guess, I probably watched half the anime in existence, which is normally made in Japan.)

Money. It’s going to be paying money and they’re going to tell you that it’s totally fair.

it’s an early acess, i think the real billionaire mkt will come on PvE

Half her kit could’ve easily went to Moira

“We wanted to make Protection Suzu an active ability that Kiriko could use to defend and engage with her team”

This is not going to happen though, I understand you guys think because the immortality is a short duration this will cause people to use it and not hold on to it, but this wont happen. Because this ability can cleanse and cancel some of the most important abilities in the game, people will save the cd for those abilities. I do not understand how dev’s can think that an ability with so much value to cancel ults will not be saved for those alts.

To be fair there is ult tracking and I think most of the “problematic” abilities were nerfed.

Early game she can use it pretty liberally.
Once it gets to a point when deadly ults are up, then she can hold on to it for the right moment.
Once they’re gone she can be more liberal with it again.
Repeat.