Let’s not get ahead of ourselves

I know how hard creating things is, even thought I’ve not broken into the professional level quite yet. But take the time they “fixed” Doomfist a week after he dropped, but they just recently made the same change to Genji, and hitbox reduction.

I don’t know Blizz, but it feels like they are just drip feeding their fans, and I’ve grown tired of it. I love Blizz, and I hope the game lives on for a long time, and I wish nothing but the best for the devs, despite my own issues with my own perception of the game.

You’ve been pretty respectful, thanks. I hope you have a good one, because this thread has run it’s course for me.

3 Likes

Then stop playing…

“I’m almost done” “I’m just about done” “I’m thinking of quitting” blah blah blah no one cares especially the devs you already bought the game.

Save yourself some time and just quit don’t make a big deal about it don’t stress over it … just stop playing. It isn’t hard.

2 Likes

And yet there are Free to play games online that have the same concept as Overwatch and update once a month if not more. Also, they have a smaller team.

Blizzard has no excuse for slow balance.

I mean there’s zero patience, and then there’s visual bug fixes to a hero that’s 2 months old instead of gamebreaking bug fixes to a hero that’s had them for 3 months (and some bugs are longer).

What are these gamebreaking bugs? That probably comes off as rude but I’m being sincere, as I have yet to encounter any myself (PS4 and PC player here, maybe Xbox bugs?)

These gamebreaking (for Sombra) bugs A list of Sombra's Many, Many Bugs (6), Now with more LOS Bugs! - #34 by Xaron-1831

Development is tricky. Bug fixing is tricky. Feature implementation is tricky.
I’ve seen these things done far more regularly for similarly complicated games. On the other hand I know games by other big developers that didn’t get fixes for years on end. I won’t judge Blizzard too harshly on these criteria - none of these things end up easy to implement.

On the other hand number tweaking for balance is not difficult. It may be difficult to get right but it’s not difficult to pass through a server. MOBAs get number tweaking for a roster of +100 dramatically more regularly (and dozens of small changes at a time). Then you look at how that affects pick and win rates, stats, damage, etc and you tweak as needed. Pros can adapt, and a more diverse meta is better for the longevity of the game. If we continue to have extremely limited character selection at top levels (which basically just means they work at bottom-mid levels when players who would climb faster learning someone else play them) I think it’s fair to think Bliz is not prioritizing balance. In a game marketed as competitive I consider balance the most important thing so given how infrequently it’s adjusted and its current state I don’t think its unreasonable to think its disappointing when we’re talking about flat number changes typically.

2 Likes

I mean, you don’t have to play then? Go to the FTP games if you prefer.

I’m not trying to say Blizzard has no faults here, or that everything they do is perfect, but y’all are acting like they literally never do anything worthwhile and that the game is bad because some things you’d rather they focus on they haven’t. I’m a Mercy main, I have lots of reasons to be mad at the OW team, but I’m not. If I was I’d just stop playing and find something I like more, like a rational person.

1 Like

First you guys complain that you don’t have these features and when you get them you yell because it didn’t come fast enough? Really? I agree with things like Sombra taking too long to fix and balancing in general but complaining that it doesn’t happen and when it finally does you still complain like the gesture doesn’t even matter anymore is just wrong imo. It’s fine to complain about the slow pace of things like features and balance but don’t complain when you FINALLY get them. I’d rather they fix Sombra in 6 months then to never even touch her agian and leave her like this.

5 Likes

So like, what about your life makes you feel like you should dictate how fast or slow a massive MMO game should update itself? I’m genuinely curious.

1 Like

Right? Like, what about the attitude of ‘Thanks for handing me this paper towel, you should have done it five seconds faster, you’re a jerk!’ makes you think I’d want to help you ever again? What is with these people???

1 Like

Update time is unnacceptable for such a huge game. They could easily do a balance patch/content patch every 2 or 3 months but they don’t because they are more concerned with making money off of loot boxes and OWL.

1 Like

You realize if this was any other game and you begged for changes to it the developer would ignore you right? How can you be so entitled that you feel the developer should rush these things for you, when other developers would never even bother with balance or reworks in the first place?

I don’t mean to be rude, but you should seriously consider everything this developer does a patronage. They don’t get paid for putting all this new stuff out for free.

2 Likes

You say that it’s ‘unacceptable’ but like, - WHY? HOW? You act as if we have some precedent for Overwatch but I can tell you hands down that we do not. Blizzard is kind of the first business of it’s kind, they invented the MMO platform with WoW, THEY are the pioneers of how this is ‘done’ - So like… What the heck makes you think they should be doing this ‘faster’? How do you even know for sure that’s possible? What about your life, your expertise, makes you SO CONFIDENT to make such claims with literally no evidence, sources, facts, or logic behind it???

Why should we? Sombra is still bugged and unplayable.

Yea, because reacting angrily to good change is gonna inspire the devs to roll out any good changes ever.

1 Like

You bring up a good point, they could easily charge us money to play new maps, new characters, real life money could be the only currency to purchase cosmetics, etc.

We are pretty lucky that we get everything for free tbh.

2 Likes

Are you ridiculous? People paid for the game. It was pushed as an online game with features so of course they have to still work on the game. They earn most of their money from loot boxes, LOL. Why would anyone buy them from a dead game that was not continually updated?

I swear people like you are the problem with the game industry. You allow game developers to get away with murder and think nothing of throwing away hard earned money on half-arsed projects.

1 Like

… howbout we just say thank you and not complain about things we get that we’ve wanted either?

1 Like

It isnt luck. It is smart consumers with standards who refuse to accept less than what is owed. Which is why games like Battlefront 2 shot itself in the foot.