Let’s not get ahead of ourselves

Devs don’t deserve insults, no one does. The developers do, however, deserve to be criticized. Everyone deserve and should be criticized, criticism is what makes improvements. The wait for a long requested feature or anything else can be criticized.

1 Like

They want to remain a ‘small company’ because they don’t want the Overwatch team to become a big corporation. This is what they admitted. Otherwise they could use the ridiculous profit accumulated from this game to invest in a larger team and have faster updates.

You can carry on being a part of the yes men squad though and allow for this train to continue driving off the rails. With its declining OWL viewership and the multiple people I’ve seen both online and in real life quit this game. Good luck Blizzard.

By not being nearly as skilled but still bothering to improve their work

And the people who are actually paid professionals aren’t adhering to your standards.

Instead of understanding this and thinking “Gee, I have absolutely no idea into the development cycle and work culture that the Overwatch team employs to be making definitive statements that they’re too slow,” you instead think they’re not doing their jobs correctly.

It’s peak presumptuousness.

I should have specified, I meant less funded, and I did make that mistake. I’m used to the phrase “better things from worse people.” and didn’t think twice. Apologies.

1 Like

I’m sorry, this is the equivalent of telling someone to get out of the country if they don’t agree with the leadership. People have bought the game and they’ve certainly a right to criticise it if their experience on it has been less than optimal.

Perhaps some of the vitriol isn’t justified, but I don’t think the answer from your end should be to descend to their level and tell them to get lost.

Attempting to incite argument xD
Go ahead mate, because that’s all anyone here is doing and it’s not even an option when you report someone xD

It’s true though, if you had ever worked on a game yourself, even something as basic as a sprite based RPG with a few missions in a few hubs, you would have a lot more appreciation for what game developers do.

Also, which game is better than OW, and why aren’t you on their forums instead?

1 Like

Smaller dev teams can balance games better. How is it presumptious to expect a full priced, triple A game with a triple A dev team to do the same?

We don’t know the story because Blizz is about as transparent as Apple

Upper management could be at fault while the devs are irritated as we are. But they have a job to lose, whereas we might just get silenced on the forums

You mean like, Paragon, Paladins and outlaws?

All games that failed because they couldn’t garner interest…

Failure to garner interest means nothing. Call Of Duty has more players than Titanfall 2, doesn’t mean CoD is better. Not even close.

1 Like

Not a good game if no one plays it :man_shrugging:t2:

People seem to think dressing up turds makes them… not turds anymore. /shrug

Once again, false. Barely anyone plays the game Rivals Of Aether, but it is leagues better than Smash Bros., the game it was inspired by.

1 Like

This is objectively false. So… yeaaah…

Devs often do, It is their work after all . The people wanting a return on their investment dont care how but when.

This is of course, in your world yes?
The world in which you are king and the very land bends to your whim?

Well, over here in the real world we measure how good something is by its success.
Every now and then something will slip past that should have been wildly popular, but almost always gets the recognition it deserves as a classic.

You’re not winning any hearts with the sarcasm…

It’s objectively true.
Build it and they will come.
If not in the hype of the release, things get the respect they deserve as classics.

Good games get played, it’s really as simple as that.

If popularity was my concern, I wouldn’t have come to the forums in the first place.