Let me get this straight

Not picking on sym mains, just using her as an example.

Nice way to admit to false reporting and abusing an automated system. There is no poor communication reporting option. Only an abusive chat option.

Previous blue posts have specifically stated that playing only one hero is not a punishable offense, and using comms is not a requirement for playing the game.

5 Likes

Not an automated report system if I talked to an Xbox Live representative about it over my computer.

I’ll see if I still have my time ticket with evidence of my convo on my email. Again, read my post another time. It may not be a punishable offense, but the same logic is used by Rockstar to defend their GTA online.

You don’t HAVE to listen to your team if we ask nicely to please play Lucio even if you suck at it. You don’t HAVE to purchase GTA online ingame items to PLAY IT.

But the way it’s set up now, purchasing in game items is the only way to have fun in it. if you want to make that argument about not trying to HAVE at an effort to work effectively in a TEAM shooter, both Gypsy (the guy who criticized this behavior) and me have NOTHING to say to you respectively. youtube.comwatch?v=-_2W3uojhwg

You don’t HAVE to switch even if we ask nicely to go Lucio or Mercy… But that is the origin of toxicity in this community.

3 Likes

Even if the player is clearly exhibiting signs of what people in the real world would classify as a Poor Teammate, it’s still not reportable because Blizzard “trying to appeal to everyone”

1 Like

That’s why I take this up with XBL.

1 Like

Hero choice is not a reportable thing. It’s being discussed here:

1 Like

No, they don’t. Refusing to communicate isn’t reportable, if it were they’d need to ban every disabled person who plays this game. Refusing to cooperate also isn’t reportable, you don’t get to dictate who they play.

What you just suggested is false reporting and is in itself reportable as griefing.

7 Likes

Keep reading what I stated.

This game is a team shooter. I hope I don’t need to elaborate on what that is.

Also, search up “Fate of All Fools” and “Destiny 1.”

You’ll get some interesting results. The most notable being the only person in the world who owns said weapon.

He’s mentally disabled. He has sections of his brain removed and his Neurologist recommended that he played D1 to help him with that. Could barely speak, remember his own wife, or controls to the game at times. HE made an effort in the end.

He was still able to effectively communicate with a team and do the hardest PvP multiplayer accomplishment: go flawless.

1 Like

Then the person you spoke with was incorrect. It happoens. Heck, the old forums had a gm comment on a thread saying hat refusing to switch was poor team work and was why someone was banned for one tricking. Only to have the ban over turned and a dev come into the thread and clarify that playing a single hero is not bannable.

If poor communication were a true reason than many autistic children would not be able to play (I know of several who do, they don’t read and have very under developed speech skills).

My so , who is deaf had been yelled at over chat for not using chat (in quick play no less) and was told he would be reported. I heard it over the head phones lying unused on the desk and had to pop in chat to educate the person who threatened to report.

I guaranty that if someone gets banned for “poor communication” they will get it over turned quite easily.

1 Like

Im a sym/torb/bast main

Honestly, i am against one tricking

But

I am happy that the rules like how they are because it scared people from reporting me just because i play them

Hell, people wantreport me IN QUICKPLAY
And this rules scare them and prevent them from reporting

“Team shooter” doesn’t mean “switch to what I say or get reported” it means you work as a team to accomplish a goal, regardless of hero choice, if you want to throw a tantrum because people don’t play what you want them to then you really need to step back an reevaluate what it is you’re doing here.

Every action you have described is reportable as griefing (false reporting) or poor teamwork/abusive chat (distracting team, making negative comments about hero selection, killing morale with complaints, potential escalation).

5 Likes

Once again, it is what is. I know I’m using A TON of hyperbole concerning GTA online, but this is the closest comparison to what I can relate to.

It may not be bannable by Blizzard’s standards (who knows why they even have a report button for that if this is truly the case), but I believe the GTA online comparison works well.

No disrespect to your son. That’s an inevitable circumstance that would rarely occur regardless.

I agree.

In addition, ‘poor teamwork’ reporting is for people NOT trying to complete map objectives.

If the one-trick is participating in team-fights and actively pushing/defending the payload/points it’s end of story, they’re participating to the team.

4 Likes

I feel like the only thing I can do at this point is quote the entire second half;

"You don’t HAVE to listen to your team if we ask nicely to please play Lucio even if you suck at it. You don’t HAVE to purchase GTA online ingame items to PLAY IT.

But the way it’s set up now, purchasing in game items is the only way to have fun in it. if you want to make that argument about not trying to HAVE at an effort to work effectively in a TEAM shooter, both Gypsy (the guy who criticized this behavior) and me have NOTHING to say to you respectively. youtube.comwatch?v=-_2W3uojhwg

You don’t HAVE to switch even if we ask nicely to go Lucio or Mercy… But that is the origin of toxicity in this community."

One tricking ruins Overwatch, regardless if it is a genuine reportable offense. It’s acceptable in a QP environment/casual: a competitive environment? I think not. Why don’t you think Aimbot Calvin and Kephrii (two competitive players) are not on a OWL team?

And I don’t believe I mentioned anything about throwing a tantrum. In fact, I believe I said something on the lines of “Asking nicely” even though they completely ignore you. Once again, even asking nicely to play something you might be garbage at to reach the ultimate goal, victory (why else would you play a competitive game mode and please don’t give me some golden weapon excuse), and you still ignore the team by refusing to swap out, don’t you believe that that’s the problem here?

Blockquote
HIGHLY RATED
Feb 13
(Edited)
I suck at Widowmaker. My winrate is atrocious. But as long as I actually try and dont jump off the edge, it’s not throwing and I’m fully allowed to. I’ll never swap when my team wants me to, because I enjoy Widowmaker, and I’ll never join comms because I don’t want to endure the abuse. Who cares if 5 people who are willing to flex and still lose, and my hero choice is at their expense, because I’m the one person who refuses to swap in a competitive mode?

Sound bad?

Good.

Replace every time I say “Widowmaker” with “Mercy” and see how suddenly I’m the victim and will get 200 upvotes on every thread, on these forums. Suddenly the devs will dedicate a whole dev update video to defending you. I’m no longer the bad guy if it was Mercy.

I’m sick of being a flex player and losing tons of SR to one tricks, not necessarily Mercy. I’m sick of having the forums and the devs defend this behavior in a competitive mode, when they can just tell the one tricks to go play ANY OTHER MODE IN THE GAME.

I’m going to abide by this, too. If it doesn’t apply to Mercy, it shouldn’t apply to Widowmaker, and so not to me. I don’t care how much SR I lose.

This’ll be downvoted. Oh, this will be downvoted, but that only goes to show you that the Mercy mains(Correction: One tricks) run these forums and hive mind-bully the developers into letting them one trick a hero and never swap in a competitive gamemode. I’d wager they were only pressured into nerfing her AT ALL because the investors were seeing how OWL was getting boring with Mercy/Zen in almost every game, and they had to shake things up to keep them happy."

-A top rated post at one point.

Once again, in no way do you HAVE to do anything I’m suggesting even asking nicely. But this is getting a little ridiculous?

Let’s take little Johnny and his mother. The mother says, “Little Johnny, you go out there and try your best! You play Clarinet and don’t listen to what anyone else tells you.”

When Little Johnny plays with a renowned Orchestra because they randomly pick some Clarinet players, he squeaks every note he tries to play.

Then the Clarinetist beside him says. “Hey Johnny? I know you love playing Clarinet, but would you mind switching to the snare? You’re much better at playing that!”

“No! My mom says I’m good at playing Clarinet so I’m going to keep playing because she said so!”

The day of the concert comes, and guess which group doesn’t get featured on the front page of TIME magazine? Isn’t that the entire goal of musicality? Creating rich music for others to enjoy?

Now replace Johnny with OW player, the mother with your logic, the clarinet player beside him with me, the randomness with the matchmaking, and the Orchestra with a Comp game.

Again, like you stated, if little Johnny likes playing clarinet (a sym main likes playing sym) they can continue that. But collectively bringing down a team who’s striving for a specific goal who does everything in their capabilities to work around it is… Brazen.

At that point, yes, you’re correct. You deserve a loss if everything in your capabilities failed. But that doesn’t mean a loss could have been prevented.

The bottom line is, until Blizzard say otherwise, one-tricking simply isn’t reportable.

I’ve listened to so many people try and twist the ‘poor teamwork’ definition to fit one-tricks but it does not.

2 Likes

But poor teamwork is SO easily correctable.

Again, I use a lot of hyperbole’s throughout this conversation, but they all stand strong.

Actually, it’s awkward… REALLY awkward… But that little Johnny simile I used actually happened to a degree. A guy in my band played Bass Clarinet. When the time of the concert played, he squeaked… A LOT. There’s nothing wrong with squeaking once, but I would immediately stop playing and possibly adjust my reed. He did not for half the song.

Sure, reporting someone for picking Tracer when it could have been A LOT worse? I got off lucky with that and maybe wouldn’t have happened if we won the game.

But we didn’t, and that’s one of the primary reasons I can see us LOSING that game.

The origin of toxicity is people getting tilted by that decision, because they can’t handle the blow to their ego that someone may want to play a character they enjoy in a video game while still trying their hardest to communicate with the team and win. Except people who actively discourage these players also discourage any communication they might have made because they either mute them or simply don’t speak because of how toxic people are encouraged to be.

And here’s the problem, it’s not your decision, you just recognized it isn’t reportable and made the conscious decision you’re gonna do it anyway, so this conversation isn’t going to go anywhere. You know what you do is wrong but you’re glad to just carry on doing what you do because there isn’t any reliable punishment for it.

I find it impossible to believe you ask nicely or stay that way after they refuse given your willingness to abuse the report system. More often than not I notice that the team in general doesn’t even really care, just one or two people who won’t let the issue go and narcissistically assume they speak for everyone.

Except they do, because you’re holding their account hostage with your abuse of the report system, don’t act like you’re trying to be at all considerate of them.

You aren’t the one who gets to make those kinds of choices for others and you don’t know any better than them, if they don’t want to fill in a role then you’re in no position to make them and that’s all there is to it.

1 Like

I really hate to leave you with such a lame reply, but would you mind reading the second half to what I said about little Johnny?

That sums up what I said much better, and I rather not blow this up with any more block paragraphs that I need to repeat.

The ‘poor teamwork’ report card is fairly clear when it says:

Poor Teamwork is not - playing a hero not considered optimal by the community.

HOWEVER,
Anti one-trick players are trying to justify reporting one-tricks for ‘poor teamwork’ by saying:

• “The one-trick is being countered and refused to swap, thus poor teamwork”

The Griefing report card says:

Griefing is not - simply making a mistake or playing poorly.

‘Poor play’ is not reportable. End of story no matter which way you phrase it, if the one-trick is ‘trying’ that’s all you can ask.

2 Likes

i mean you made a sentence so not very random eh?

1 Like