Let Bap shine for once!

It is depressing that whenever a healer gets buffed there are immediately calls to nerf them. Bap has been average for a while and needed something. The people that suffer in this game are not the DPS but main tanks. Nobody wants to play the role. The shields have been gutted. Main tanks have left the game and the matchmaker is all over the place because of the shortage of tank players. All this so DPS can have faster more enjoyable combat & not shoot shields.

Well, that is fine, it is an FPS after all but getting upset because Bap has a bigger window? Try main tanking.

17 Likes

he did shineā€¦for a whole meta

20 Likes

Yeah itā€™s ok to shine, but heā€™s blinding. He got overbuffed with the window and was already starting to pick back up with his gun buffs.

8 Likes

his ult is fine, they need to nerf his free healing from regen burst

2 Likes

before you make a post please understand that a character needing buffs to become good is not the same as said character receiving buffs that our obviously too strong and game changing

you are delusional if you think new bap is good for the game

2 Likes

Baptiste was part of double shield for 3 months, barely. Ana immediately took his place and top support for 9 months until just recently.

2 Likes

They already didā€¦heavilyā€¦

Did they massively buff his healing and I missed it? I donā€™t think the 21:9 window is going to put Baptiste into the meta over Ana.

2 Likes

his regen burst is his only self heal and itā€™s on a very long cd. It doesnā€™t even heal a lotā€¦

1 Like

They did revert his healing on nade to pre-nerf state on top of the partial revert to his ult cost.

1 Like

I mean personally I like to play bap heā€™s an enjoyable support. But the issue is how weā€™re we to buff him more then heā€™d become meta. And I think that he really should have changes to his kit. More so have his ult and lamp switched. Itā€™s just not good to have an ability on such a long cooldown itā€™s basically another ult and isnā€™t really healthy for the game. His window should be switched with lamp and I think that would cause less problems simply because now the immortality field is an ult instead of an ability and window can be better balanced too so that it isnā€™t more meh. And maybe we can also make him less of a aoe healer. Just because aoe healing can be annoying and too much. And we can maybe make his healing less focused on having his group together but he does have aoe just weaker. And having his heals better if they actually hit the person. Or something like that. I mean I still like bap. But I think that you can still make changes to him that makes him more engaging and easier to balance and doesnā€™t yah know make comps that most players find frustrating to be so powerful or well widespread. Not saying that heā€™s the reason for it but is a factor in it. Along with keeping his identity which I feel is very much important when making changes to a hero.

No, how dare him take Anaā€™s spot
Canā€™t make that happen!

Theyā€™re nerfing my boi to the ground rather than reverting window

It was fun, gg

2 Likes

Regen burst was already nerfed. It only heals for 75, itā€™s actually better as a self-heal now instead of a group heal. If anything it could use a cooldown decrease.

1 Like

Its not like Bap was extremely strong for months. Bap was already fine, he didnt needed the buffs. (To be fair, the damage Buff is extremely fun, but its just too much)

1 Like

This literally isnt true. As someone who hard played double shield in comp + scrims/OD this just isnt true. Bap/Zen was the hard meta since halfway through season 18. When shields were nerfed, people tried playing Ana instead of bap, but bap was still better even after all his nerfs. The ONLY time Ana was actually hard meta, was during Hog/Zarya, and that was literally just to anti hog.

For some reason this forum believes that Ana is omega busted and that sheā€™s meta 100% of the time, but since sigma coming out, sheā€™s been meta ONCE. She wasnā€™t even ā€œmetaā€ during genji meta, Bap was still better where meta is actually played because sigmaā€™s would flux the genji in nano blade, while the bap stalled with lamp

5 Likes

Ana was never the best support other then 3x tank. But I genuinely hope that they donā€™t give him the genji treatment where they nerf baptisteā€™s damage out put to the ground.

To op: I genuinely hope that bap wonā€™t get gutted like the other two heroes that were op.

1 Like

I donā€™t really care about damage

But donā€™t they dare touch my heals D:

Nah what Iā€™m worried about is that theyā€™ll revert the buffs without reverting the nerfs. Kinda like with hog.

2 Likes

The support role has been the strongest role throughout most of the gameā€™s lifespan. Of course people will complain when they get unnecessary buffs.

He just essentially got the support equivalent of Genjiā€™s 4 buff patch, though I think Bap 2 minor compensation nerfs if Iā€™m not mistaken. Though in exchange he got a huge HPS buff and a DPS buff as well as a new flat screen TV.

You wanna know why? Because of supports. Not shields, supports.

Oh they will :smiling_imp:
Not ana no buffs šŸ¤·