Leeked patch notes, sauce included

Did he say that, or did the article writer say that?

3 Likes

Fair enough, re-reading the article, there’s not a direct quote of him saying those exact words, it’s the article itself that says …

Keller has bad news for Roadhog mains – his damage is on Blizzard’s chopping block – but the beefy boy is a good example of how balancing Overwatch can be tricky. As Keller points out, Roadhog was never changed to be this strong: he’s overperforming because other heroes were changed, enabling him to ” move into the place that he’s at right now.”

I just remember skimming the article and remembered it saying something along those lines.

But even so, some of these changes are just…terrible. Like the Widow ones to her SMG and the Hanzo ones…what even are those? Damage after ricochet increased by 35?..Why?

Not gonna lie, if these turn out to be legit…just what the actual hell

1 Like

My guess that the Hanzo changes are incomplete. And that there’s a nerf we aren’t seeing.

Probably a typo of it’s too weak.

Ironic, when you got it wrong yourself lol.

Impossible. Actually impossible.

Most of those “changes” make absolutely no sense. To the point that it would be a waste of time to elaborate on why for each of them.

What makes you say that?

3/10 bait.

But looks like you got some people anyway so kudos I guess.

Because of this.

1 Like

That is talking about Ram’s toes.

No, they technically said they were planning “Changes to his one shot combo.” Which we all took to mean removing it, but… maybe we’re wrong.

1 Like

exactly.

dev’s HATE removing stuff entirely.

at msot you’d likely see a lower crit modifier or lower max dmg all together.

also hog changes literally do nothing.
same as Ram’s…issue isnt his speed its fact its got no maximum up time. (which is infinite in defending an OT objective)

and nerfing widow’s dmg is arguably the 2nd least likely to ever happen (as shes all or nothing as is)

sombra’s would dumpster her and shes already “weak” (shes liek a mosquito…annoying but not a threat)

2nd thing to make it seem fake is nothing on Mercy which iirc devs said they were gonna buff soemthing on her.

I came here for the sauce

Unlikely because they would have to redo like 3 different achievements.

nerfing the range of hook has always been a stupid idea imo, mostly because that is how he tanks, i 100% agree that he needs nerfs but that isnt it imo but its not a huge range nerf either

this is utterly useless.

eh good enough. id rather the CDs be 10s for javelin spin and 7 for javelin

id ratehr remove the speed boost from the ult

widowmaker is trashed with this

meh

um okay, id rather just remove the HS with her alt but this is aye okay too

so dumb, he didnt need any buffs.

lol

in all honesty, i think these patch notes are so stupid, i dont think alec would do this

Railgun removed and ulted-railgun can’t crit? I wish these were truly the notes

This stuff screams fake. Hog is getting a rework it’s happening before season 3, the lead design pretty much confirmed it when he was talking with the streamers before the break. I remember seeing it on Flats stream, late Jan is when we see that.

Alec said the “soft rework” is for further down the line. This patch is just nerfs to his one-shot capability.

1 Like

if those were the changes for hog they would have been in the last patch
they said that "“numbers only” patches are now easier and hog wasnt included because he gets more than his numbers changed

2 Likes