Leavers should be penalized harder

It’s not fun to wait 10-15 mins, just to be in game for 5 seconds, then another 15 mins of waiting, because someone leaves. This happened to me 3 times in a row today (!!!)… Maybe I’m just very, very unlucky. :frowning:

Give leavers -50SR, than -100, -200 etc, so every time leave, they’ll be more and more penalized. Or 1 day ban, 3 days of ban, than 1 week, than a month. Then reset their penalty monthly. It’s like how it is in Counter-Strike, and it’s not a bad system, works like a charm. Please Blizzard, start to fix your game, it’s getting more and more frustrating!

3 Likes

Leavers should be keel hauled after their 3rd violation.

2 Likes

SR loss should never escalate as a penalty. It’s a bad idea as is. Just makes it easier to derank and throw down to a bracket you don’t belong in.

I don’t mind if the successive time bans ratchet up quickly, but the first two at least should be as is (10 mins, 30 mins) to avoid unnecessarily punishing people who don’t leave/disconnect chronically.

3 Likes

If you chronically disconnect from games you shouldn’t be playing competitive in the first place. You are knowingly putting every team you play with at a disadvantage. Fix your equipment and network or take the punishment for ruining the match for 11 others.

3 Likes

I don’t disagree. I’m saying we want to avoid overly punishing people who don’t fit that description.

1 Like

Punish everyone harshly. Those that actually care and want to continue will fix whatever’s causing their issues. Get these half-effort players out of competitive and back to arcade where they belong.

4 Likes

Won’t happen, sorry. Being punished harshly for a one time disconnect issue is never going to be acceptable, fair, or reasonable.

You’re obviously angry and vindictive on this subject. It’s not a source of quality judgement

It’s well earned anger. People with legitimate problems wouldn’t be too adversely impacted, while it would send a strong message to habitual leavers/throwers.

1 Like

I feel like I’ve proposed a good solution for the leaver problem—a gameplay time penalty. Currently the time penalty is real time, and that simply makes a player use another account. A gameplay time penalty would have a player use another account, but the suspended account would not be unlocked until the player played 30, 60, 90, or 200 minutes of non-competitive modes.

3 Likes

We aren’t discussing habitual throwings/leavers. We’re discussing how it impacts people who have done nothing wrong and do not have chronic issues.

This suggests punishing them as if they are as bad as those who do.

Not going to happen no matter how mad you get, sorry. Righteous anger is not inherently RIGHT anger.

He is entitled to whatever feelings he has. If he is frustrated by his experience it’s perfectly fine to express that anger. It’s well earned.

1 Like

They should at least give you increased priority in que if your match gets canceled to lessen wait times

2 Likes

Feelings are always valid. The things that cause them are not. The judgment and actions they cause us to jump to, especially, are not.

Is anger and frustration understandable here? Absolutely

That does not make them a good basis for these poor and, if not unconsidered, then certainly callous suggestions.

If your anger drives you to an idea that causes more harm than the things causing your anger, perhaps that is a red flag

1 Like

Just implement something similar to apple iphone about wrong password:

exponentially increase the ban of comp game period.
First time = 1 day, 2 time = 3 days, 3 times = 1 week…

1 Like

I agree with most of you, and yes, I am angry! And I, WE have the right, to be angry! We payed for a game, a “service”, what we can’t play, because we mostly watch the title screen for hours… It should be Blizzard’s job to fix these problems which all of us have! I know that some leavers are innocent, they don’t want to leave, but have Telekom internet (lol), and the provider “forces” them to leave, haha. Once again, it should be Blizzard’s job to find solutions, we just gave them some options, ideas.

No, they really shouldn’t, because not every leaver does so intentionally.

It’s unfair to people that get disconnected due to unscheduled Internet service interruptions, power blackouts, unexpected hardware failures and the like to even be penalised at all, and you want to penalise them more?

No.

I respectfully disagree. If you don’t have a reliable connection at all, you shouldn’t be playing competitive.

But we all know a better fix to this. Just get one player from the queue to complete the match if someone leaves within 1 minute.

After 1 minute they should/will be farmed for ez sr.

Blizzard implementing this will take a year and a half.

You can have a reliable connection and still get unscheduled Internet service interruptions, power blackouts, unexpected hardware failures, etc.

Yes, the answer to leavers in Competitive already exists in game in other modes - backfill.

I thought general rule is that if you leave, you will be joined with other leavers. I don’t leave and I don’t get leavers. Not in amount that is worth complaining about, meaning - very rare.

For those other problems it shouldn’t be common, so you would be getting one penalty, which would be unfortunate, but I think a 2 strike system would make sense here.

There’s a reason why it is not implemented currently, nobody would like to backfill a losing team. If you get to backfill it would be a guaranteed lost most of time.