LC-202 Error is the bane of any players existance

The game has been out for over 2 years and there still isn’t a fix for this. Half the time when I boot up Overwatch I get an error saying “Lost Connection to Game Server (LC-202).” I have to wait hours, or rarely even 2 days, to even get to the main menu without getting the error. Literally about 3 times a day I get disconnected from a competitive match at the last second and lose 50 SR and get a penalty because of this error. My network connection is perfectly fine and I can’t seem to find a fix ANYWHERE. PLEASE BLIZZARD!!! GIVE US A BUG FIX!!!

LC-202 is specifically an error code when the Overwatch game software on consoles loses connection to the game server. Unfortunately all disconnections and game crashes counts as leaving the match and will be penalized appropriately. The game server has no way to discern a legitimate disconnection or game crash from one that is forcefully caused by a dishonest player to bypass leaver penalties. You can learn about this policy here:

Remember if you see the message, “Lost Connection to the Server” in the title screen or the message “Failed to Connect to Server” in red text in the text chat box, this means there is something that disrupted your connection to the game server and not a problem with the game server itself. There can be a variety of reasons this happens including those that don’t disconnect your computer from the Internet. There is great troubleshooting to start with that can most likely resolve most issues and I encourage you to check them out here:

As always if nothing in that guide works, please reply saying you completed these steps and additional advice can be provided. Good luck!