KOTH is still the most unbalanced and worst mode

Whoever wins the first fight will 9/10 win the map - because you essentially HAVE to wait to regroup and since the percentages keep going - it only really puts pressure to push instead of trying to strategise.

Switching is almost never an option if you are having to attack because it sets you back against a team that either nearly has their ultimate or actually has their ultimate. It means that it’s a lucky draw of who gets the team with the least amount of counters.

The mode is about setting up - but you have to wait until you can set up as the point doesn’t activate until after a few seconds - so there is little point of trying to set up on point as in most cases, it leaves you in the open and vulnerable.

The percentage STILL goes up when the point is being contested which imo is unfair. Why? If the payload is being contested, if a point on 2CP or hybrid is being contested - then the state of the point stagnates until one side wins. Why is it that in this mode contesting doesn’t pause the percentage? Why does it go up when the control of the point is in possible threat and danger?.. even when you win the fight, the percentage is STILL going until the point is fully captured.

I really find this mode to be the most unfun and unfair

9 Likes

2CP exists. Your argument is invalid.

33 Likes

So true I’d rather play KotH all day than play 2cp

14 Likes

2CP is far more balanced than KOTH ever was or ever will be. Both teams get a chance at defense and attack, both teams get a chance at understanding eachother and their styles and switching is actually viable.

Contesting is actually a strategy and not throwing too.

I’d rather play 2CP for a week than have to play KOTH 3 times in a row. The mode is the biggest pile of trash and BS that I have ever seen.

bro 2cp is a mirror map, with both teams fighting at the same time, there is no direct advantage to once specific side.

It literally couldn’t be more balanced. Plus it encourages teamwork, a skill many people in overwatch really should use more of.

3 Likes

I don’t like how while the fight on point is happening the team with point still gets %. The % gain is too fast as well. I’ve had comp games under 10 min which is silly.

It’s not balanced. It’s based entirely on luck on which team counters which - and by the time the first fight is done, the team set up on point has ultimates whereas the other team either has to keep playing into their counters because of ult charge or they have to switch and go into a fight where the other team has ult charge. Not only this, but unlike the other modes, contesting the point is worthless and is throwing as the other team can farm from you whilst also getting their % up.

It’s extremely dumb.

2CP, despite people hating it, is really balanced. Hell, part of people’s complaints is that the map ends in DRAWS a lot. Nothing can be more balanced than a draw.

3 Likes

Well the devs just implied that it was never that great of a mode lol

3 Likes

I mean yeah, it’s a team-based game, my guy. That’s the point.

I think games of KOTH would go on and on forever if the mode wasn’t played how it is now but that’s just me. Minimum two maps played, possibly three, and you have to get the point to 100% every time. That just sounds like it would totally draw on.

1 Like

Probably my favourite mode ngl

4 Likes

Neither do i. Contesting literally stagnates the point/payload in all other game modes - so it makes literally zero sense as to why contesting shouldn’t stagnate the %.

1 Like

I never said people didn’t hate it, I said it was BALANCED.

I think KoTH is actually the most balanced mode as both teams have the exact same chances of Capping the point, because the map is fully symmetrical.

6 Likes

That’s why. If they’ve spent several years debating ways to change it then how is it balanced lol.

Koth is the most balanced mode because theres no spawn advantage. There’s no easy stalling to allow for a fight upset. In payload, snowballing is very easy since you can just push ahead of the payload and kill them 1 by 1. In koth you can’t really do that because everyone is regrouped if you tried that.

100 seconds or percentages is on average 5-7 fights. If you win a fight you win control, its that simple. If you’re being held so you cant touch the point, the other team is just simply better than yours. If the control was stopped when capturing, it would be extremely slow to win a round.

4 Likes

But you don’t have enough time to fight back so it doesn’t matter. Also the maps generally suck and lack high ground.

Balance doesn’t necessarily equal fun, I don’t know how else to explain it. Balance means that using it doesn’t give one side or the other an advantage. It has NOTHING to do with “do you enjoy this or not”. Hence why none of the Moira changes have gone through, even though a lot of people find her unfun. Moira is balanced though, hence why she hasn’t been changed. The devs look at balance and change those things before they look at “is this fun or not”.

Did you even read what I wrote? I was talking about balance the same way you were. They even mention in the dev post that 2cp has issues with snowballing and blowout matches.

But both sides can do that. As long as attack and defense are equal, 2CP is perfectly balanced. The only 2CP maps that weren’t balanced got taken out of the game.