Korean YouTube poll on open queue vs role queue

A lot of people apparently considering the dps queue times is still so high.

I agree that only 1 mode should have been left.

if it was perfect, there wouldn’t have been a need to change the game to 222

They like open queue because they play in cafes and want shorter queues.

Their lack of time and money forces them to have a more open mind about what they play in open queue

If blizzard only kept role queue the people that pay open queue would just leave. Alot of them already did when open queue wasnt available.

You don’t want Korean ladder here. You one trick, they throw your game. You don’t conform they throw your game. They didn’t need Role Queue because “play what is best for the team even if you hate it” is part of Korean culture.

1 Like

There aren’t that plays open queue to begin with.

Like i said because they all left when it was taken away.

Dude. The mode is still there. What are you even talking about?

When role queue came open queue wasnt an option for quite a while. Most open queue players left and didint come back when they brought it back. What are you even talking about?

1 Like

Nothing stops them from coming back if the mode was the only reason they left.

Why go back to a game that pushed you out when by the time they brought it back you most likely found something else to play.

Then they didn’t care about the game that much on the first place.

Korean play this game as it intended to be: communicate and press H, instead of their western counterpart - play it like an MMORPG and stick with certain characters/role, and expect their big brother BLZ to babysit their feeling

Not really about healbots and shieldbots, they just know how and when to press H, and don’t have personal feeling on certain characters IMO

Ppl here complained about toxicity and poop comp as if 90% of their game be like it, meanwhile 90% of my games (Asia/Korean) have players cooperating on character selection. Still (got) steamroll though.

This is just a tone deaf way to look at the situation.

First, I dont know of any valid data that supports the claim “most pick the mode with role queues”

But if even one takes it as assumed that this is true - and to be clear I am not saying it is or it isnt - given that qpc is buried one menu layer lower than 222 qp, i dont see this as a valid comparison in terms of alluding to player preference as the quoted statement above strongly implies

said data - at least, all the data I have seen - is invalid for purposes of comparing the two as equal choices

It is imo rude in the extreme to change someone else’s quote and put words they did not write into their mouths, so to speak

there was and is still no need whatsoever for 222 exist in this game

want? yes. some folks wanted 222

but it was never needed

nor is it now

aside: by what name were you once known as, ie before the change to Lara?

role-less queue competitive was removed from the game when 222 was inflicted upon all of us. it didnt return til many many months later

role-less queue qp never returned…and no, qpc isnt the same

1 Like

there is no such comp

players who give up because they decide their team cannot win often simply do not play as hard, and this becomes a self-fulfilling prophecy

1 Like

Personally, I have found 222 to have been THE worst change ever added to the game, with no close second

1 Like

I apologise - i meant “feeling like you’re going to lose in spawn” comps, which is a very real feeling and a problem for many people with OQ. I assumed the quotation marks around “losing in spawn” would communicate this, i was obviously wrong.

The concept of it being a self-fulfilling prophecy is irrelevant - when players feel its real, its the job of a game designer to remove that feeling (even if its not real). What players feel is never wrong.

An experienced player is able to decide if they think/feel their comp is statistically strong or weak in spawn.

when players sign up for this game, they know they are going to have 5 teammates who all have the same freedoms they do - to choose any available character

any player who decides that they know better than other players what characters should be picked has exceeded the limits of player expectations set by the game

furthermore, tho again the need to have other players select characters as you (not you personally, rather, any player) want them to is irrelevant, it must be understood that the other team has these same rights, and as such the other team has every chance of also being perceived as “weak” by this unreasonable player.

all told, there is no generally no reason for a player to decide that the game is decided before the doors open

it is relevant, actually.

no player should be giving up on their team based on them exercising their right - same as the unreasonable example player here - to select any available character

Players who exceed the allowable expectations of the game are wrong. The only difference is that the game (nor the devs) wont necessarily tell them - paying customers, after all - them this fact

related aside: someone with actual game designing credentials would know this is not a game designers job

an experienced player should not only know the expectations that the game rules have set, but also that any team can beat any other team. 4v6s can even be won by the 4, on occasion, with good play.

an experienced player should know better than to assume a loss when such assumptions have proven to be false so very many times

1 Like