Korean YouTube poll on open queue vs role queue

Open queue is awful, not trying to play GOATS. Toxic behavior, Broken team comps.

5v5 has felt amazing, making this game a respectable fps. This may be the most entertaining OWL has ever been.

Koreans knows better, quite simply.

In the West the whole game has to be shaped by and for whiny gold players, though. Who cares if role queue fixed one and a half issue and created a hundred more, as long as THEY are having fun with their fake tanks and their fake supports, everything is fine.

And again, who cares if millions of players left because the whole thing is unbearable?

5 Likes

This poll doesn’t mean anything at all.

Korea/Asia plays Overwatch totally different.
Players in Asia put the team first and actively coordinate/work together to build good team comps & win the game which makes open queue not so terrible.

Unfortunately the West is selfish and plays what they want and say “haha I can pick whatever I want who cares about the team or what it needs, I matter more”

If players put the team first open queue would be fine, issue is that they don’t. Role queue is necessary for as long as players choose to be selfish.

7 Likes

Why did you make a new post about something that’s already been posted? After thinking about it, the youtube poll means nothing really. It’s simply something a SMM did to create some engagement for the channel.

The main reason why people want OQ in Korea is because they play in internet cafes and don’t want to waste money sitting in queue. It has nothing to do with it being the most enjoyable or best strategic version of the game, it’s simply people not having the luxury of being able to play from home.

8 Likes

Honestly I feel like I’ve only started seeing people complain about rolequeue more since Dunkey made that off the cuff (and frankly ill advised) comment about it.

I thnk most players don’t remember how terrible it was when open queue was the default

8 Likes

I agree open pick is the most fun of this game

3 Likes

I loved 6v6!but you guys are nuts if you think they are going back to it. OW2 is 5v5 if they tried to change it the game
Would be delayed even longer

1 Like

If this game was 5v5 open queue I would not play it.

1 Like

the player numbers tanked once role queue became the default, how did they win it again?

3 Likes

Says who?
222 has no direct impact on players leaving (open queue is still here even still to this day). The game was already bad and the playerbase was just bleeding out.

1 Like

I am very critical of Blizzard’s decisions but role queue I think is the better idea. However the execution was terrible and didnt work with what people expected for the game.

You don’t need to argue if it was necessary or not. Just look at what happened. Queue times are still bad - unacceptably so. That by itself shows that even though role queue might be a good idea for the gameplay (how the games are played) of Overwatch, it still might have been bad for the game itself.

1 Like

I do not agree. Role queue led to queue times being very long and many people thought the long queue times were unacceptable, and left.

Role queue coming into existence definitely strongly correlated with long queues. The directness of its impact to people leaving is just semantics

1 Like

That’s up to the players

You have both on the menu in front of you - pick the one you enjoy

I will take queue times for a non-cancer game any day of the week

3 Likes

Again, open queue existed. If people wanted it so much it would have been the more popular mode but seems like people prefer long q times and double shields over having a match with 6 dps.

1 Like

So just because one region prefers OQ you’re saying that RQ is a “failed project”

What a strange argument, so what about other regions? :thinking:

9 Likes

The main mode became role queue and open queue was/is a side mode. Would you agree that many players, especially competitive-minded players, would not be satisfied in playing to their best in what would be a side-mode of Overwatch?

The integrity of the competition in open was less and I’d argue that is because it became a side/arcade-ish mode.

3 Likes

I love rq i don’t care what anyone says. I never want to play 5dps+me ever again

4 Likes

And this is why this poll is heavily skewed. Asian players have what the west don’t, respect for their fellow player. They aren’t going to force some god awful comp and force everyone to play around them unlike players in the west so open queue has lower queue times and better match quality. As a result they would prefer open queue.

1 Like

the “6 dps” hypothesis is really an over-exaggeration of the issue with OQ since it:

1. didn’t happen nearly as much as you think it did.
  2. isn’t the reason why role queue became a thing anyway.

role queue is a system made because Blizzard can’t tweak numbers to veer people off of playing GOATS and nothing else, they’re making OW2 with one tank because they similarly can’t incentivize people to play a main tank plus an off tank because double shield is too powerful, off tanks in OW2 are going to be dead heroes because they’re still designed to pair up with another tank.

honestly the balancing is just a mess, they should just pull a Classic and just make a legacy OW server where the game is on a patch with just the original roster, even a game with 5-man mercy rezzes and McCree’s one-shotting Winston’s caused less complaints than the stun/shield circus we have today.

5 Likes

Koreans have always preferred open queue. It’s a known thing.