Korean Official OW Survey of 6v6 vs 5v5

I just found a very interesting poll on the Official Korean PlayOverwatch Youtube channel which surveys the players about the different formats. The link is here

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC-2wa6jvprl7hfCpvw0ULzg/community?lb=UgzDz50oW1Yg_VUPfe54AaABCQ

34K votes are in so far. The results were:

1. 6v6 Open Queue - 57% votes
  2. 6v6 Role Queue 2:2:2 - 37% votes
  3. 5v5 1:2:2 - 6% of the votes

I believe this is the largest survey so far of OW players regarding the change in format.

47 Likes

Wait they are already playing OW2 and got 5v5, wtf, why not us?

10 Likes

Man, Koreans are so cool with their ability to tell the future :pensive:

17 Likes

I knew OQ was more popular in KR than in other regions but didnt expect it to be this much in favor for OQ, I wonder how it would look if EU and NA had a poll like this. I also wonder if this lines up with the data blizz has about OQ/RQ play rate

5 Likes

It also mentions there will be a “detailed survey” in the Battle.net App today (May 25th). I wonder whether that will be region/version locked.

Cause we complain too much.

11 Likes

Fair enough… Hopefully the devs see my 1 positive post about the new map design and bless us with a beta.

3 Likes

No surprise with them prefering OQ, it has been like that for a while.

3 Likes

Humans don’t like changes, they like their routines.
I won’t really judge 5 vs 5 before I actually played it in a beta or something.

I feel bad for Owl players, though.

17 Likes

6v6 Open Queue is absolutely fine in EU.

11 Likes

Open queue is pretty good in the EU yeah. I didn’t know about it being so popular in Korea until now though.

7 Likes

its fine here too…but we like to exaggerate the hell out of things (“every game is 5 dps… /forehead”)

4 Likes

Reminder: The only reason that OQ seems so unpopular is because everyone who liked it stopped playing, and hence won’t use the forums.

Open queue is hugely popular, even in other regions, the reason that it doesn’t seem like it is because everyone who liked it is no longer playing.

11 Likes

Ya its super popular in Korea, less so in EU and even less so in US and it really comes across to me from this fourm how US has a different view of Open Queue and whilst I love the yankies I do hope Blizz remembers that the US isn’t the entire player base when it comes to this.

3 Likes

Supposedly KR was the reason it was made permanent again.

Regardless, OQ was the reason I returned. I do not do RQ unless a bunch of my friends want to do it.

2 Likes

I guess its because in Korea playing games for esports is way more popular than in NA/EU. And 5v5 objectively isnt pro esport move

2 Likes

funny because open queue is still there

It’s also just treated as a secondary mode in terms of development, UI, and balance, which makes it less appealing to commit to. This becomes especially apparent if you compare these stats to what modes people were actually playing when Open Queue was first introduced. Korea and every other region played significantly more Role Queue than Open Queue, but that doesn’t mean the players actually want Role Queue to be the standard play mode.

1 Like

Wasn’t for over a year, which by then people left and never returned.

4 Likes

A lot of youtubers polls that pull in a thousand or so votes are leaning 50/50 in the slight favor of 5v5.

Be it that is still a far cry from a proper vote pull.