Kicked from competitive match lost SR

So i was playing a competitive match of overwatch on numbani. We started out on attack and took captured the first point. Right around when we captured it I got kicked from the server. In the bottom left-hand corner, there is a yellow text that said something about being disconnected due to an unknown error. Alright np, so I click on Rejoin match where I waited several minutes to no avail. I ended up losing like 50 SR and receiving a minor suspension. I heard this happened to multiple players recently. What is the deal with this?

Happened to me last night where I dropped to 5 FPS and the game froze. Got back in before the first round finished and lost 50SR. Punished for the game crashing is great way to treat the users.

Hey there as a friendly reminder, all disconnections and game crashes counts as leaving the match and will be penalized appropriately. The game server has no way to discern a legitimate disconnection or game crash from one that is forcefully caused by a dishonest player to bypass leaver penalties. You can learn about this policy here:

There was some issues that was causing disconnections for some players earlier but have since been resolved. I recommend playing several games in a non-competitive mode to ensure there are no more issues for either of you. Otherwise be sure to follow basic connection troubleshooting or reply if you need more help.