Keep OW2 separate?✅

Have you considered answering my points instead of repeating yourself?

Its basic psychology - learning a new thing causes your brain to pop you a little endorphin boost. When there’s nothing new to learn, you dont get that boost and the game becomes less fun, so people leave.

What points. All you’ve said is you get bored, but worded it like you speak for everyone.

It is what you do.

1 Like

You’re really gonna argue the semantics of their usage of the term “players”?

Is that really how you’re choosing to spend your time here on the forums?

That guy is proven to be a troll. So I don’t take his nonsense.

1 Like

I spoke about established game design theory, but for some reason you seem to be trying to make it about me?
https:/ /www.whatgamesare.com/mastery.html

Proven to you, maybe.

Try not to talk for everyone.

1 Like

Agreed. But he also flags me when I call him what he is. Which is hilarious.

1 Like

I mean if you are commonly coming round whipping out random semantical arguments for statements like this that anybody else living in this reality would interpret as truthful, then I can’t say I’m surprised that you might get flagged.

It just comes off as very petty from a bystander point of view, that’s all.

Can you please stop attempting to troll me and get back to the conversation we were having?

Yeah. I think flagging anyone is pretty petty.

Some people might cheap shot you, but if you can’t just take it on the chin, what are you doing here.

No one is throwing out insults.

1 Like

Sorry. This was a conversation with Prett,

I disagree. Flagging racists or people who try to derail conversations to argue semantics is not petty at all.

1 Like

Flagging racists. I can agree. That needs to be done. But I think I’ve only seen one and it disappeared pretty quickly.

“a talk, especially an informal one, between two or more people, in which news and ideas are exchanged.” Doesn’t sound like anythings being derailed. Just a flowing river of chat.

1 Like

And you are definitely free to believe that. I doubt the mods would though :wink:

Well, when you see some of the posts that get hidden, I am sure the mods would be upset.

They don’t seem to approve of much lol.

1 Like

Agree. Derailing conversations in such a way (as he is right now) is trolling in my mind and therefore reportable.

By that rule. As is the way you talk to people. I’ll just call it out rather than being a kid and flagging.

1 Like

I am sure that we will see the same scenario as with WOW…we will get new OW2 and after few years of “yeeey!” we will get OW1 as “retro edition” back to buy it, lol.

1 Like

Would this necessarily be the case? Chess seems to be doing pretty well after centuries.

I don’t think it costs that much to hire a team to shake balance up now and again. I would be happy to do it myself.

There are always heroes, strategies, challenges to fully master. I’ve mastered one hero. 31 to go.

Not disagreeing with you about the death of the game but isn’t it better to have this be natural rather than forced?

There’s two things fundamentally flawed with that line of thinking. This is a fairly complex game in some respects - there’s always more to learn. It also dismisses the part of any video game experience about getting better - that alone is a very heavy sustain for any all genres of games. Given that the your opposition is other players whom are also learning and getting better, it’s a huge draw in continuing to play.

The second part is partially contingent on the first, but is not wholly dependent on it. That said, a fun core gameplay loop is probably the single best thing you can have to keep people playing. TF2 had this one in spades and that is literally all it needed to be the top FPS game for almost a decade.

If the audience at large considers OW1 to be a vastly more fun experience than OW2, they will be disappointed and subsequently leave the game (much like vast swaths of people left TF2 when they flipped their play model on it’s head). It doesn’t matter if there are things to learn in OW2. Also it should be stressed people really don’t like having to re-learn heroes after they get reworked, and the devs are planning a roster-wide nuking of the entire cast so everyone will have to re-learn not only their heroes, but how they fit together and play together in the new paradigm.

1 Like