Just won 27 in a row

mom called, she said to clean your room.

1 Like

You know that is the sign matches are balanced right. If you have a 50/50 chance of winning and you are in the right rank… 50% will be your winrate.

1 Like

not if 50% of your matches are you steam rolling the other team and the other 50% is you getting steam rolled.

Steam rolls happen. That isn’t a matchmaker thing.

Perfectly balanced teams can end in a steam roll. Too many variables outside of the games influence that impact that.

2 Likes

Did you really win 27 games in row? Did you really?

1 Like

Lol, Stop believing your own DogS#! Blizzard even said so themselves that it’s not working the way it should.

1 Like

Steamrolls are now no longer the match maker fault? This is now the epitome of matchmaker responsibility denialism. It’s sole purpose is to create the match and it creates steamrolls … CONSTANTLY. Not once in a blue moon, constantly.

It’s either the matchmaker is fine with it’s stats tracking and needs improvements cause of steamrolls. OR it’s not good enough cause there’s too many variables it doesn’t track, intertoon synergies perhaps, human behaviors and so it’s not good cause it can’t really predict anything.

Either way the match maker needs improvement.

Had a game where the tank appeared to be doing fine, only 6 deaths but everyone else, including me, had like 10+ deaths. I only average 5 for 10 min avg. I realized the enemy went dive, and dove right by our tank, what’s worst is the tank wouldn’t peel and was constantly creating bubbles of space, pressing W when actually need to just turn around and try to damage the flankers to get them out.

Moral of the story, and what constantly remind me of - stats don’t really matter (unless your asking for VODs of games you lost and out performed everyone else, I guess they matter then… not). And guess what this engine is built on…. Stats.

There are some serious needs for better game analysis engine. 1) to help really find who is carrying or even causing a good distraction. 2) help players improve and maybe suggestion deeper meaningful strategies that can help someone progress.

Create the match. Yes.
After that, the result is the result of the actions of the 10 people in the lobby, not the match maker.

Sounds like copium for the devs not to take responsibility for a solid match.

Sounds very much like you to be proven wrong in the dev update, and just change your path of attack, rather than just cracking on with what you need to do.

You will always find something to blame. Just play and enjoy the game. Or spend more time with your family instead of wasting so much time doing this.

What was proven wrong in the dev update?

Btw I’m at my sons basket ball practice lol.

Not sure anyone asked, but well done. You could at least know it is 1 word though… lol

When one goes off topic I would expect anything after.

Still unsure of this:

What was wrong?

I know for sure I was surprise to read that no stats were used in MMR calculations. And if anything glee to my hearts surprise they are investigation winning / losing streaks. Maybe its not just the players fault… If anything sounds like I got 2 points, instead of any negatives.

I love that you misinterpreted the streaks bit. They literally calling out forum criers, then tagged a line to make it look like they’re keeping an eye on something.

This is what I mean with you. Even when proven wrong, you’ll still clutch at something to deflect blame from yourself.

ffs

They write : “We’re investigating this and will be testing some changes to see if we can reduce this kind of streaking in the future.”

I write,

and you come up with

LOL I misinterpret the words they write by repeating the words they write, but you… are adding something that they are not writing and I may add, implying they are being dishonest.

and what am I blaming anything on? I continue my climb to P4?? LAWL just imagine, a P4 in silver 5 calling out potatoes… the more I climb the more I feel justified blaming my teammates way back in S5. Now… can ANYONE do that? lol I dont know, but I like being in the position that I’m in.

This player has also repeatedly thrown multiple matches… every game I’ve played with this person, they throw. Refused to do anything. Just trolled. Thus, most of the teammates and opponents reported them.
Could be factoring in lol

that’s cool because i haven’t played since i won 27 in a row.
nice try

1 Like

When the game decided I was getting too uppity (I almost hit diamond, the horror!) I suddenly dropped to plat 5 from 1. After about 7 grueling “adjustments” where I stayed the same rank, I finally rank up to plat 4. Then plat 3.

After about 15 losses I’m now gold 1.

1 Like

Worry less and consume more, please.

That might very well be true, but Blizzard of today simply doesn’t deserve the benefit of a doubt. Because the systems inner workings are so obscured and something feels off there is no benefit to a player to assume they aren’t being manipulated considering what Blizzards business model looked like during the past decade.

It’s actually a perfectly reasonable response, and wasting dev resources on social media influencing won’t be able to paper it over at this point. It only worked in the beginning when there still existed a base level of trust in the player base towards Blizzard. It’s only going to go downhill from here.

Personally, that’s exactly why I’m here on the forum instead of playing.

The reason players come here and express their dissatisfaction with Overwatch rather than doing something else is because they are fans of the game, obviously.

That’s interesting. A couple of weeks ago you sounded like you actually knew how the algorithm worked.

Humans are capable of saying things that aren’t true.

Considering that you might be taken advantage of by someone that has a history of shady actions is a perfectly reasonable behavior. Even if it turns out to be false.

1 Like

Read all for full context.

They say streaks happen when rank and MMR are out of line… Ie, you’re boosted and playing against people too high… Or conversely thrown a lot and now too good for where you are, so you beat people up.

They are looking at ways to get your SR and MMR in line quicker. Nothing to do with match making, it isn’t forcing anything. They just want the numbers to update a little quicker and more accurately after games so you get to where you should be.

So yes. You’ve misinterpreted it.

1 Like