Just won 27 in a row

I just won 27 in a row and stomped and scoreboarded and dominated in a row. Still bronze5, a rank you put me in without even 5 placement matches played. I love being so free.

4 Likes

27 > 5 so you did do 5 placements…learn how to math

Sorry for the late reply.

Yes I did 5 placements and placed on all roles including open comp

And then I went on a silly win streak (it wasn’t even close).
It was as though my mmr was ‘glitched’ or ‘stuck’. I had the world’s easiest games, put up incredible stats, but ofc didn’t even rank up.

I’m not sure if that has been fixed,
but I have read that it has not.

2 Likes

That would have been about 700sr max.

You were probably well below 1000sr when you started.

Seems fine to me.

2 Likes

Are you trolling?

What is “fine” about being gold last season, jumping in for support placements, doing only 5 of them, and then being bronze5 on all roles, including open comp. And then i just win nonstop, ruining games for people and getting reported for smurfing ?

Whatever happened to competitive integrity? Where everyone gets their 7/20. Let me lose 20 or win7, whichever comes first - and place on THAT role and that role alone.

This isn’t a real ladder in a LIVE SERVICE based on providing you that ladder.
That is assuredly not fine.

2 Likes

Because the rank was adjusted to you MMR. So clearly your MMR was in the gutter.

Stop worrying about your rank. Just play better and have fun.

I’d suggest watching the new SVB video

I’m not worrying about my rank, and I’m not worrying about people’s fun.

I’m worried about the integrity of a competitive ranked esport.
I’m worried for gamers who can’t access the criteria they’re being scored against.
I’m worried for an industry, that gets away with predatory algorithms.

Where skill and rank isn’t actually skill and rank??

4 Likes

grins awkwardly and starts waving in OP’s general direction

Most people don’t care about their rank, they want to see progress. I was in a similar situation won 7 lost 0 matches between ranking and went back a level. I don’t really care but where I do care is that they show you how close you are.

This game is all about being able to carry a match. Hell they even have a daily challenge on Someone has to carry! With no thought to how a match can be played. Blizz thinnk they were being clever ranking people to other players of the same level not how they play the game and determine the result of that particular match.

Its a bad matchmaker, one of the worst a lot of use have seen, totally hidden and very anti player

6 Likes

You really need to watch that video, and start just enjoying playing a video game.

Wut? How does that fix the fakeness and rigging?
I’m having fun. Stop putting words in my mouth.

But the masses don’t need to be asleep with copium.

Comp shouldn’t be about fun. It should be about correctness.
Why would anyone NOT advocate for a full and transparent system?

Are you saying we shouldn’t see how it works and get a game that matches randomly around a shown SR that is data-free and works on wins?

6 Likes

Fakeness? That’s just in your mind.
Rigging? Doesn’t exist, just something you’ve made up.

“Comp shouldn’t be about fun”… You’ve forgotten that you’re just playing a video game. If you’re not having fun, why you playing.

2 Likes

Denial?

Please tell us if you want MMR gone and random around SR lobbies, or not.

Please tell us if you want them to show the code/algs and explain themselves in a technical AMA here on the forums for 1hour where technical people (not flats lmao) grill them on how it works.

Cheers.

1 Like

No, just knowledge.
Denial would be finding a made up excuse to blame for things.

I don’t care about SR and MMR. I just play, try to improve and have fun. Getting sweaty about anything else isn’t good for your mental state and just causes you to rage on online forums for no real reason .

No, I don’t want to see the algorithm. I’ve seen enough match makers in my time to know how they function. And quite frankly, my games are fine so what would I gain from that. They’ve explained in the past how it functions and what it matches based on.

1 Like

so you played 27 games and claim no placement matches well some of them were your placement , then the rest are your matches ,

well done for claiming to win 27 in a row , even the best of the best dont go on win streaks that long , but well done ,

show us some replay codes so we can all see the impressive 27 wins in a row and how well you play in those matches , as personally if i went 27 wins a row i would have ranked up a couple of times out of that

you are at the rank you deserve to be .

1 Like

He isn’t making this up. The same thing happened to me. As you can see I have no wins on dps nor support this season and was still placed in gold 4. And no I did not lose 20 straight either.

Game is clearly still bugged.

1 Like

previous season ? might have given your dps and support that rank

previous season I finished in plat 4 on both roles

if you didnt play them towards the end of last season like many players ranks were altered at start of the new season 2 , many players complained that there ranks dropped at start of season2 , i’d say as both roles are gold this is what has happened , as u main tank your rank on tank has stayed constant ,

the point is it shouldn’t have ranked me at all on dps and support, as I did not play any games.

1 Like