Just nerf Rein already before every other tank player quits

Why improve the flavor of strawberry ice cream if your Most popular flavor is vanilla?

For some reason, it makes sense to cut costs by reducing the quality of strawberry ice cream to improve profit margins.

Then that profit can be reinvested into making the vanilla ice cream even richer, or remodeling the store for its sexy post-2020 relaunch.

1 Like

That says more about how bad the other two are.

15 Likes

Idk why we can never have more than one shield tank viable (other than in double shield where Sigma was basically an off tank)

But seriously I’m tired of games being lost or won at the select screen because one team has a Rein and the other doesn’t and if both teams have a Rein then it just comes down to which Rein can get more shatters, it seriously makes the game borderline unplayable for me. The only games that are fun currently are the very few ones where Rein isn’t on either team.

IMO they need to make shatter take longer to charge, he shouldn’t be getting a super powerful ult that can win a fight in 15 seconds, and buff the other shield tanks (specifically Orisa, girl has been NEGLECTED and living in squalor for a while :sob:)

1 Like

And the hero who had alredy nerfed barrier.
Rein have less protection than he had when Orisa was viable pick alredy. Its not rein with his shield, its orisa shield.

1 Like

and how bad players were at creatively negating shields.

The most popular methods were shoot the shield or punch through it instead of blinking through or EMPing everything.

2 Likes

ive effectively lost count of how many reinhardt posts you’ve made. we’re in the 20s now though.

sigma is also not a throw pick either. Orisa needs some work but contrary to your belief, other tanks can actually be used.

what does rein have that’s too strong for you? he has a 1600 hp shield but he doesnt do any damage while using it and he needs it to get close (in melee range where trouble of getting deleted is at its max), he has a 100 damage firestrike from range which is basically only used for ult charge and charge which is a very high risk ability, shatter got nerfed in the cc patch and follow up on it is kinda terrible in the mid-tier ranks now

Still would buff sigma also, to at least get rid of the cd for shield.

1 Like

Well, when the hell are they going to fix this?

Gonna keep posting (at reasonable intervals) until other tanks get decent pickrate/winrates, they ban me, or I quit.

1 Like

Rein is the problem. Allow me to spell this out…

WHEN SEVEN TANKS ARE SUB-PAR, THE EIGHTH THAT’S NOT IS OP.

Rein is the problem. Always has been. He needs his barrier reduced by AT LEAST another 400 points if not more, and his kit might need to be buffed elsewhere to compensate.

If you are standing there saying that rein is NOT the problem, you have no ground to stand on. He has 40% of the overall tank pick-rate and is over-picked in EVERY. SINGLE. RANK. Not any one band. All of them. He’s so OP it’s obvious to players in Bronze.

Rein needs to be nerfed.

3 Likes

Okay, first of all, Reinhardt functions far differently than Sigma and Orisa. He cannot attack and defend at the same time and requires melee range to be effective. A decrease in his barrier health is seriously harmful to his play style and guess what, he’ll just need crutches like Lucio or Zarya even more if he can’t be independent.

Sigma and Orisa both have utility outside of their barriers, which we can all agree were hit too hard and not compensated for. Reinhardt, on the other hand, has nothing. He is a sitting duck without his barrier and his alternative to when his barrier is down is literally to stand behind cover and/or poke because he is so dependent on it to function.

I’d ask if you even play Reinhardt but that answers itself.

9 Likes

Absolutely NOT. Nerfing shields more will do nothing but make burst damage even more unbearable.

2 Likes

He destroys in close an the entire point of the game is to collapse both teams onto a single small point that we both fight over.

Your argument is completely invalid.

well massive nerfs to reinhardt isnt the fix. that doesn’t help anything. it just makes someone you like meta while also gutting another tank out of sheer spite

The only reason burst has been allowed to get this out of hand is because of all of the barriers, and most burst is dodgable with a few notable exceptions that are easily fixed.

Any other stupid arguments you want me to shoot down?

1 Like

Look, I don’t actually care about what Reinhardt has or what he does.

All I ask is that, as measured by pickrates and winrates, Reinhardt is not overwhelmingly better than the other tanks. I don’t care what gets nerfed, just that other tanks are on an even footing with him.

They absolutely ARE a fix.

With rein nerfed the other two barrier tanks could actually be picked without throwing. This would make tanking a bit more popular with everyone but fans of the blue rectangle man as people could play tanks like Orisa and D.Va again without getting reported for gameplay sabotage.

If tanks as a class of hero aren’t viable once the hammer-crutch is nerfed into sanity, then we can address that separately.

2 Likes

In case you’re all forgetting, Rein is the only tank to get flat out nerf recently.
The change to eathshatter made him significantly weaker and not able to finish kills.
That the opinion of even some pros: https://twitter.com/ian9721/status/1263045850680287232

Just watching OWL showed that Rein is very weak.
When he’s in the rotation, he’s only played when Sigma or Orisa are banned, because if they’re not, that means it’s double shield all the way.
And just a week ago, when Orisa was banned the most played tank wasn’t actually Rein it was winston (despite Reaper being available).

I know it’s almost became a meme how much you hate Rein in the forums, just like how chipSa thinks Widow breaks the game, but come on, do you really think the tank with one the lowest mobility stats in the game, the inability to attack and shield at the same time, that has an ult that can be blocked by almost anything and that last for 2.5 is breaking the game?

I’m sure as hell don’t want to go back to the time Rein was a throw pick at the start of 2-2-2 where it was the cancer of double shield. If I remember, most of the tank players quit playing because of that.

1 Like

OWL pros play a different game from the rest of us. Their cooperation is off the charts and the best aim in GM is entry level for them.

1 Like

When he’s at nearly 100% pickrate in most ranks? Yeah.

I don’t care about his weaknesses or whatever, the fact is that most players at most ranks consider him obviously obligatory and run him every game.

1 Like