Just nerf Rein already before every other tank player quits

Yes, it will.

Reinhardt is the worst ambassador the tank class could have. He really is. He’s a completely MMO hero in a FPS game. Nobody who wants traditional or even semi-traditional gameplay wants to play him. He’s in there for the WOW people and them alone. I’m ok with him existing, but honestly, the vast majority of players hate his gameplay and always will.

He is the worst possible tank to be obligatory, like Mercy was the worst possible support.

7 Likes

He is most fun hero in the game.
Outside of echo, using ult on him

I dont like Wow

2 Likes

meanwhile today me as roadhog and another person as orisa sucesfully beat a rein comp :wink:

2 Likes

You got a source here or are we just making claims like this?

10 Likes

I mean, you can sometimes roll that boulder up the hill, but all that means is the matchmaker gave you a ridiculous advantage.

2 Likes

Its forum, people always make claims with no data base on their personal feelings.
Even using data like pools on forum is not accurate because most players dont go here.

1 Like

My source is try queuing DPS in the last few months. The tank queue is empty and forsaken. And most of the remaining tanks are DPS, maddened by long queue times, instalocking Roadhog and just assuming they’ll lose if an actual tank shows up on the other team.

1 Like

I don’t.

Anchor tank gameplay was incredibly boring.

Bunker meta was the most frustrating meta ever.

Double barrier gameplay had no barrier usage strategy.

At least Rein + Zarya has depth, and isn’t even the best comp when you take map section metas into account.

3 Likes

I mean plaing sigma was still ok in that comp.

On what planet? Removing a slice of the pie isn’t going to create more slices.

You know what you should do after alt + f4’ing a game? Relax and do something else, not come to these forums with your sword drawn and head boiling.

:man_shrugging:

6 Likes

Or that we had better teamplay than them

Cuz peeling for our orisa is what made the difference

Every time i say this everyone always says “you just got lucky” yet i can consistenly beat rein comps with dive / orisa or sigma based comps

I just think some tiny buffs to sig/orisa/roadhog/hammond/winston/dva (yes all of them could be buffed up a tad) and nerfs to zarya (specifically her decay, maybe a mini bubble rework, 150hp - 6s cooldown bubbles, or 100hp 4s bubble) would fix the issue

But as always, rein does not need a nerf, he always comes and goes with the meta, this indicates that the hero isnt too powerful, its just that others enable him too much

Anas anti could also be looked at

It’s been every game in the last six months, though. I knew it would happen but I queued tank anyway. And lo and behold, it happened immediately.

I disagree.

If you say nothing, nothing is what gets done.

Rein is a huge problem and he needs to be nerfed.

3 Likes

rein does not need a nerf, the other tanks need buffs. non-shield tanks need big buffs, shield tanks other than rein need small ones. zarya and rein are balanced. that is overwatch. they need to pull back a little on the hammer they put on sigma and orisa probably, so they’re not so weak without each other, and then they need to raise the value of non-shield tanks somehow. either with damage, personal tankiness, whatever.

Rein needs nerfs. Orisa is a bit weak, but not so much that she doesn’t see use.

The problem is that Rein is so strong that if you pick anyone else you are throwing.

5 Likes

Sigh. No, he is not. His competition, however, is a clown fiesta. Orisa has a paper barrier, Sigma can’t compete with the nerfs to his ultimate, rock, damage, and shield, and Winston hasn’t been viable in ages due to power-creep and negligence for dive as a concept.

In the hierarchy of barrier tanks, his competition is shackled, so do we shackle him with the rest or free them from the restraints put on them?

9 Likes

Who would have thought that 1 viable anchor tank would discourage people from picking a role. Nerfing Reinhardt will only make them have to pick between a bunch of weak heroes.

Buff Orisa and Sigma if you want people to actually play tank.

10 Likes

If rein gets nerfed, the tank category will be borderline broken because you won’t be able to reliably run traditional push comps anymore

1 Like

The tanks are in the process of the opposite of power creep. To the point that Rein is the only viable shield left. Let that sink in folks, the tanks have been nerfed so much that Rein, is the alpha and people even want him nerfed…

Man… and they wonder why no one tanks…

17 Likes

No, Rein is too strong. He really is overpowered. The other tanks need buffs, sure, but Rein needs nerfs. You can’t look at a tank that has more barrier.

We’re talking a single hero who has more barrier than an entire comp called “double barrier” by himself.

4 Likes