Just double Bastion's turret damage already

Yeah his spread is literally larger than Sombra’s.

Pre-rework spread was nearly perfect though :ok_hand:

1 Like

Puft, I think we already wen down this road and developers aren’t even acknowledging this so the solution is for everyone to stop playing bastion completely

*6-inch long 50-cal armor piercing rounds
Yes, my entire knowledge of firearms comes from Bastion

1 Like

That would be devastating to the game
It wouldn’t even take an hour and people would already be asking for nerfs
maybe 1/15th of his damage added on.

It was increased b 50%, but he really needs a 33% decrease…

Technically, that’s the same (max) value that it was before, but it sounds better when you say it that way, it doesn’t sound like as much…

I can understand wanting to reduce his damage a bit from what it was pre-rework. Not saying I really agree with it, but I can see where they’re coming from. I really wish they would have done it in a smarter way though. Just reduce his base damage, keep headshots, keep his spread, and then give him a damage boost against barriers to keep his barrier damage the same as it was.

How about a passive ability where Ganymede attacks any enemies within a 3m radius around Bastion while he’s in Sentry? Or while Bastion is on the objective (after the match starts obviously) Ganymede slowly builds a nest on Bastion’s shoulder the longer he goes without firing , permanently increasing his health pool until death or some other setback (some sensible number, like +10/HP every 30s or so)?

I’m all for a Ganymede-specific buff. One that’s both lore related and buffs my favorite robot.

1 Like

Bastion has the highest average damage out of every hero already. Maybe don’t play him like a sniper and you’ll be more effective.

Not sure if calling things ‘revert’ will get you anywhere with Blizzard, given how allergic they seem to be to the very concept of it.

1 Like

His average DPS is actually lower than Soldier’s (assuming the Soldier can get 25% headshot accuracy) at 25 meters. He’s about tied with Soldier’s base DPS at 30 meters. Here’s a thread about it. Those values are taken with a Training Bot too, so on normal sized players, Bastion’s DPS is just going to get worse…

Doubling his DPS is a dumb way to go about making him a decent damage dealer, but he really needs lower spread.

That can be applied to pretty much any hero’s player base; d.Va, Mei, Reinhardt, Mercy. Nobody cares about the other player, only about their own play. Their own fun.

Yeah, that’s fair… it’s an accurate description, but calling it something else would probably be a good ieda… I suppose it’s kinda more of an Ironclad rework :thinking:

I mean, if you’re completely biased and putting hero’s in ideal situations then yeah sure that’s the case. In reality though bastion is a good 3-4k higher damage on average than the second best damage hero.

Potential means nothing in overwatch. Damage is one of the few things bastion doesn’t need a buff in.

I mean, I did say he’s about the same as Soldier at 30 meters, which is a completely normal situation…

I kinda sorta agree that his damage doesn’t need a buff, but his consistency definitely does. I’d be fine with a (somewhat major-ish) damage nerf if it meant better consistency… 12 damage per bullet (3 damage reduction, 90 DPS reduction), copy/paste Hammond’s spread, give him headshots back, give him some bonus damage against barriers so that he doesn’t lose basically the one thing he’s good at.

Technically higher damage potential, but only if the player is good and can get headshots somewhat consistently.

Given that falloff is going to be interpolated over the entire falloff range (i.e. it doesn’t just do max damage until exactly 50m then drops off to the minimum), it means the entire curve is affected, so he actually gains a slight damage boost for the entire 26-50m falloff range. Same goes for all other heroes that got this buff.

Nonetheless, does this make a noticeable impact? Probably not.

It’s a somewhat decent buff for Recon mode. Not really for Sentry though, like you said.

His dmg is fine. They need to decrease the spread or add headshots back.

1 Like

pathetic.

I don’t know how the damage spaces across the entire area but if it’s across all of it then 2 extra damage across 35-55 meters sounds almost like nothing and would probably be about 0.1 extra damage per meter. IDK how the game rounds damage.

They didn’t buff recon with it.

oops I thought they hadn’t so I went and rechecked, they did it to recon too.

I wasn’t saying it would be significant, but I just wanted to point out that it impacts more than just the max distance shots. It’s small but the impact is technically there even at the start of the falloff range.