Just double Bastion's turret damage already

Bastion is DPS.
Yet, you can heal through his damage and it takes way too long to shoot down barriers.
Let Bastion have one (JUST ONE) thing that he can do, other than being a clunky, immobile exp drop.

2 Likes

Not trolling by the way :golf:

2 Likes

Increasing Bastion’s damage is not the way to go… he needs changes but no damage buffs.
His recent buff has made him pretty effective at long ranged and I personally don’t feel he needs more damage buffs.

I feel like he needs changes so he doesn’t have to rely on Orisa/Rein and Mercy baby sitting him constantly for the whole match

So 1000 dps? Really?

2 Likes

Uh, no. I’d rather see him have a little more utility. Sentry mode is supposed to require a little strategy and teamwork to pull off. Making it do more dps would just be… absolute cancer.

2 Likes

You can heal through his damage because his spread is so big that most of it misses, the damage isn’t too low at all.

4 Likes

His damage (potential) is fine, his damage delivery is awful. With his spread, he has one of the lowest DPS in the game (for a damage class, though he gets out-damaged by some others as well). Just buff his accuracy to like 1.5° - 1.75°, and he’ll be fine. Doesn’t really need headshots, though they would be nice. All he needs is to not suck at shooting. I have no idea why he has more spread than Sombra, but he’s meant to be used at medium range…

Or they can so something more like this

Sentry Revert
  • Configuration Sentry
    • Reduce maximum spread to 2° (Currently 3°)
    • Bloom added to weapon
      • Initial accuracy of 1.25°, bloom starts after 0.3 seconds of continuous fire
      • Reaches 2° after 0.3 seconds of additional continuous fire
    • Headshots added
    • Ammo count reduced to 200 (Currently 300)
  • Ironclad
    • Passive damage resist removed
    • Only applies during self-repair
    • Damage resistance increased to 25%
  • Self-repair
    • No longer consumes resources when it cannot heal Bastion
    • Starts healing instantly instead of having an 0.5 second delay
    • Able to reload while repairing
    • Applies Ironclad for duration of repair
  • Configuration Tank
    • No self damage
    • Tread sounds reduced slightly
    • Adds 150 armor

Or if they don’t want him doing quite as much damage, this

Sentry Revert 2
  • Configuration Sentry
    • Damage reduced to 12 (Currently 15)
    • Deals 25% bonus damage to barriers
    • Reduce maximum spread to 2° (Currently 3°)
    • Bloom added to weapon
      • Initial accuracy of 1.25°, bloom starts after 0.3 seconds of continuous fire
      • Reaches 2° after 0.3 seconds of additional continuous fire
    • Headshots added
    • Ammo count reduced to 250 (Currently 300)
  • Ironclad
    • Passive damage resist removed
    • Only applies during self-repair
    • Damage resistance increased to 25%
  • Self-repair
    • No longer consumes resources when it cannot heal Bastion
    • Starts healing instantly instead of having an 0.5 second delay
    • Able to reload while repairing
    • Applies Ironclad for duration of repair
  • Configuration Tank
    • No self damage
    • Tread sounds reduced slightly
    • Adds 150 armor
4 Likes

The only thing about bastion that feels bad is his tank mode. The transformation time to and from it should be decreased dramatically. Maybe even give him the option to go back into sentry mode from tank without being forced into the vulnerable recon mode

525 x 2 = are you serious?

1 Like

That is not what he needs. He needs to be able to repair/heal himself while shooting at the same time. I don’t know why he cannot use his repair and heal at the same time. This will actually increase his survivability too.

Bastion has 450 DPS, not 525. He shoots 30 rounds per second, not 35 like the one wiki says

2 Likes

Sentry feels awful, much worse than Tank. It’s extremely frustrating when you track targets perfectly, yet you still don’t get the kill because RNG didn’t favor you in that instance. If they want him to do less damage, that’s fine, lower his base damage, don’t give him SMG spread on a gun that’s made for medium range.

I do agree about the Tank transform time though, I have no idea why it’s so long on such a skill dependent ultimate…

Still. Under what circumstances would a hero ever need 900DPS?

3 Likes

I mean, he used to have 900 DPS before the rework :man_shrugging:

I definitely agree that bumping his base DPS is a bad idea though… just give headshots back. Decrease his base DPS if you want, and add headshots. Make him more skill based. Also decrease his spread.

With headshots. A base 900 would just be a big f-you to sheilds.

2 Likes

Yeah… I mean, I’m agreeing with the whole “no double damage” thing… He needs more consistent damage, not more of it.

2 Likes

Give bastion the TF2 level 3 sentry rockets.

1 Like

See, now we’re getting somewhere… :Kappa:

I think we’re playing 2 vastly different versions of Bastion…

A buff to damage is not the right way to buff Bastion, that is easily his best aspect

Well, his damage to barriers maybe… He’s lacking pretty hard in the damage to enemies category because of his SMG level spread… Not saying he needs double damage, just less RNG damage…

1 Like