Just ban one tricks already

You ready for this, here it comes😂

One tricking is a tricky situation.

They can be awesome and real helpful, or they can be total Jerks.

To all one tricks out there, if you get on the objective, do your part, and carry your weight, then your doing better then most😁

If you don’t do those things, then we might as well be a man down.

See what I’m saying, that’s what Jelly thinks.

2 Likes

Good. Use avoid as teammate to avoid people you don’t want to play with.

Why did you make this thread again?

6 Likes

Their opinions do not represent blizzard and in fact most ex-employees are only coming out now because they would have been fired if they did it while they were employed at blizz.

8 Likes

Your point? I bet you half of the DEV team doesn’t like it. But you ban one tricks. You ban them all. You can’t cherry pick nothing. Win rate, lose rate, character, has to mean squat. They pick a point. You have 90% of your time on X character. So say you played the game for 500 hours. And 400 hours on X, you’re banned. That’s it.

1 Like

On the contrary, people who think they can demand me to pick something else instead of asking nicely are great, because I inevitably prove these people wrong with my performance, and I get to needle them for it. And I know it tilts them so bad. It’s part of the joy of Overwatch.

4 Likes

To tell everyone that he uses the Avoid as teammate feature in QP, because it’s certainly not in competitive…apparently.

1 Like

It is like so many people love to lose and watch their SR number and rank go down, i stopped playing conp this season cause i am 2 loses away from dropping to silver and that is humiliating, that SR is yoyr skill number and if it is going down then either you suck, or not putting enough effort in or you have one tricks being countered, every game i play weither QP, Acrade, or Comp i putting every thing i have, my hands are sweating after every game, why cause i want to win, i want to win in everything i do in real life and gaming

1 Like

put one tricks in the same team and let them see how far they get with being selfish

1 Like

There’s one-tricks at every ranking.

1 Like

Totally has nothing to do with your skill level at all.

You are obtuse, and probably deserve your silver rank where you belong.

Silver’s love thinking they are pros. I’ve spent most of the season there, and it’s great to not only hear, but witness you wonderful people go on and on about how good you really are.

3 Likes

One-tricks are a scapegoat for people blaming their losses. If onetricks were really ruining games, they would keep dropping in SR and never make it above the bottom tier. Yet, there are plenty of one-tricks in master and above, so clearly they are winning more games than they are losing.

15 Likes

I believe you’re suffering from over-generalization magnification. The only constant variable that’s controlling your SR gains is you and if your performance was consistent you would not be at Silver right now.

1 Like

This is like asking why play the hero that you like?
I pay for the game so I can play whoever I like. It may sound selfish but it is not my fault that some heroes are less useful than others.

4 Likes

One tricking is not reportable.
Not switching is no reportable
Hero choice is not reportable

Many of the pros in OWL where/are Tracer onetricks, ban them as well.
You cant discriminate based on hero.

7 Likes

Depends. I’ve been able to hold my plat rank for 65 out of the 70 or so hours I’ve played this season. All of a sudden 2 days ago, I got on a multi-day solid losing streak where at one point I lost 12 games in a row, even recording some. Fell from 2500 sometime down to the low 2000’s and almost made it into silver. I kept track of my performance each game and each game was consistent with my average performance over the season. Just today it stopped and now I’m climbing again where the matches are easy-stomps but again my performance for each game was on par as usual. Weird and horribly unlucky things can happen in comp.

Yeah fuck people playing a game that they bought with their own money how they want, those fucking bastards.

4 Likes

Blizzard Entertainment is not a non-profit organization. I should not have to explain further. I play the hell out of 1 character but I switch when needed and I don’t have to be asked. Even if I suck a Reinhardt.

I just don’t support something that is much more oriented on what players call non-viable characters. 1 tricks that get hit are Torb’s and Symmetra’s, and those types. I have never witnessed anyone asking a D.Va , Lúcio, Winston, Mercy, or soldier or any of the likes to switch off.

So why does Blizzard put characters in the game that are referred to as “troll/throw” picks? They need to be fixed or removed. Why give players the choice that if they chose those “products” that are considered inferior, they risk getting banned, and the chance that they get banned by using those characters is much larger than any other?

No other game out there bans players for a choice they make. This is not the only FPS that requires cooperation. If I am wrong please tell me what game does ban you for choosing what role or class you chose to play regardless of the amount of times you chose to play it?

1 Like

I know that feeling well. There was this game where people who totally b***ed at the teams Doomfist. Whining he was throwing etc. I’m sitting there as a one trick Zarya myself. No one seems to care about that. He becomes my priority. Average charge 56%, thanks to him. We win. No one says nothing. No apologies, no nothing.

4 Likes

Wait, OP is silver? Lol.

Best thing to do to climb is to basically outperform your peers. Understand your characters’ strengths and abuse them: more kills, more blocked damage, more healing. Also, stop dying so much. The more you stay alive, the longer you’ll contribute to your team having a numerical advantage.

The moment I started one-tricking/maining Lucio, I got a reality check and hit Bronze for one game. I knew I could be better than that, so instead of blaming everything else but myself, I got my butt in gear and strengthened the basics of my character’s kit and positioning. Climbed to Platinum off of dat boi. Now I’m interested in learning enough to get to Diamond.

One-tricks aren’t holding you back. You are.

5 Likes

I solo que mostly last season was gold this season stupid game placed me in humilating silver rank climb out of it to gold now at chance of losing gold again ya no thankyou i will wait till next season