Just ban one tricks already

Why one trick in a team game? Why one trick in a game that always reminds you to hit H to change heroes? Why one trick when the game is designed to have counters that will eventually counter you if you’re being effective and you still won’t switch. Why specially do I see so many Symmetra one tricks? I just don’t get it. Do they not know how the game works at all? Learning new heroes is not difficult at all. And one tricking is very bad for the game and very bad for your team when that annoying one trick keeps getting countered hard and he refused to switch. In my opinion one tricking should be bannable. Blizzard already said that you can report people who feed or throw or troll. If you’re a one trick who’s not being effective at your hero then you’re either feeding or trolling and youre not helping my team you can be 100% sure that I reported you.

44 Likes

I disagree for reasons

36 Likes

Blizzard already stated that one tricks are absolutely fine and should not be reported as long as they are trying. False reporting however is a bannable offense. How about you get banned instead for handing in reports about one tricks?

40 Likes

If they aren’t trying to throw or feed though, and just getting countered, you can’t report them for that, in fact, YOU can be reported for false resporting

25 Likes

Not everyone has potential to be good at every single hero

(I’m not very good at Ana Zarya or Orisa)

5 Likes

Why not? Your MMR will adjust according to the value you contribute on average, including the reduction of it by being a one-trick.

There’s no good reason someone shouldn’t be allowed to be a one-trick, if they want to. The argument that they’ll ruin other’s games is not very good, because people are far too stupid to understand what actually was at fault for losing. That won’t keep them from making bold assumptions with very little information, so they can avoid their fragile ego being tarnished.

I’m basically a zen one-trick. I can’t play anything else on my rank well enough, even though I know it’d be better to switch to another hero.

7 Likes

Meanwhile, Blizzard GMs and a famous ex-employer call one-tricking bannable offense on e-mails and twitter.

4 Likes

they should just make it that you have to lock every hero and ban heroes at the start of the game

that would really shake things up

It’S nOt ThRoWiNg If ThEy TrY!

that is such a stupid arguement. I can try widowmaker, refuse ti swap, and be the reason my team lost. I would fully expect to be reported for that act to

12 Likes

“Everyone who plays the way I do not like should be banned!”
The only person who could use a temporary ban is you for wanting your personal dictatorship over a game.

22 Likes

Oh god… I’ve looked at you Player icon, then at your Battletag and checked your profile. :joy: That’s… Impressive, if you ask me.

5 Likes

I’d take a one trick over a salty crybaby anyday.

At least one tricks try to win, and they are usually experienced in the hero they play. I’ve seen more one tricks devastate the enemy team than anything else.

20 Likes

Why is that a stupid argument? How can you ever expect someone to get good with a hero unless they try them out? What kind of backwards logic are you running off?

9 Likes

I always find it strange how these people complaining about one tricks never take a moment to think…

“They’re at my skill level by only playing this hero. If they were losing left and right they wouldn’t be in my skill bracket, they’d be lower. In fact, with the amonut of throwers they run across, they’d be at even higher SR if it weren’t for the throwers. So I still have a really good chance at winning this round!”

But nope.

Its instead “YOU’RE CAUSING US TO LOSE EVEN THO YOU’RE SKILLED ENOUGH TO WIN ROUNDS IN MY SKILL BRACKET OMG REPORTED”

22 Likes

So if I hop into a match and try Sym I’ll be fine even if we get rolled and destroyed? What kind of backwards logic are you running off?

Yes yes, ban all the one trick tracers, one trick genji’s, one trick DVAs, one trick Lucio’s…etc, etc.

If their play time exceeds 80-90% of your comp playtime, insta-ban. I’m on board.

Where do I sign up?

5 Likes

If you tried then there’s no reason to report you. I swear to god all these people who want others to conform to how THEY think you should Play are the reason This game is becoming unfun

13 Likes

wtf are you on about?

Throwing is intentionally losing the game. A one trick only plays one hero.
One tricks still try to win, and play that hero to the best of their ability. That isn’t the same as throwing.

10 Likes

Im actually using the avoid as teammate feature on one tricks. One tricks need to learn at least one hero in each category. Even blizzard said that. You need to flex and fill just like rest of us. Go watch the people in grand master or even diamond. They will play ANY hero they need to play depending on the situation. I’m avoiding one tricks because I fill myself and sometimes we need another tank or another DPS or healer and what do I get? A freaking symm one trick. Or a Mei one trick. I would be happy if this one trick is actually doing things. But if I keep seeing that symm running to a Mcree and the Mcree keeps flashing and killing her then why u think it’s ok to one trick in a bad situation?

4 Likes

If you’re being a stubborn idiot, and not helping the team at all, (which is a common thing with one tricks :thinking: )

I’m going to report you.

3 Likes