Just angry all the time

No teammates my role is made either to stomp or be completely stomped.

I can’t play the tanks I want.

Counterpicking is so much more prevelent then before.

To me the game is ruined in every aspect. Everyone is rude and lacking any spprtsmanship or competitive spirit because one’s fun comes above all else which is so opposite of PVP.

Bragging opponents harrassment left amd right.

Lile what did you do to the game?!

15 Likes

This isn’t a solo casual game.

Find friends or resign yourself to negative energy hell that is Overwatch.

1 Like

Toxicity exploded for console when they added text chat a couple of years back. They need to remove it because it’s only used for negativity.

9 Likes

You can choose to be competitive, or you can choose to do what you want. If what you want is also the competitive choice, that’s a happy accident. This is how every competitive anything works. You want to bring a .30-30 to a shooting competition? You can do that, but good luck making those 500 yard shots, hope the wind behaves. Want to drag race in your father’s old Datsun? Better be willing to lose against anyone who put real time and money into the sport. Yada yada, examples for literal centuries, etc.

1 Like

Player toxicity isn’t anyone’s fault but the toxic players.

Blaming overwatch for how you conduct yourself is playing a victim.

1 Like

My dps afk for 35 seconds to say “gg trash tank”

9 Likes

Online PvP games have been this way since 1994. It’s actually become a little better since the SJW and woke-culture got involved.

1 Like

They widened the skill gap pairing to keep wait times fast.

So you will get more quantity of matches but the quality is suspect

2 Likes

No. It hasn’t. And we can tell you’re not that old.

Toxicity has gotten worse because lifr and socoety has gotten worse. Which reflects on how we socialize in online gaming.

It’s a phenominon with all the floating anominoty. Why have any respect for others or display any sort of decency if majority of your social interaction is online only?

You don’t need to because the repercussions are minimal.

2 Likes

When the game sucks, people are going to become increasingly frustrated, and it will reflect in their attitudes.

5 Likes

Reminder. People weren’t that jaded before Overwatch 2.

4 Likes

They were towards the end of OW1, when the game was abandoned and got stale.

4 Likes

The game is real bad right now. 5 minutes for all role que in comp.

QP is a mess with the only ones playong having a “It’s QP attitude” and still tales minutes to find a match in all role que.

The game is a real mess.

I had been doing good keeping quiet and not interacting through the chat, but I get flamed for being a “bad tank” when there’s three of my counters on the other side and they keep swapping to counter me. Yet my teammates won’t swap or bother to help me.

I ask for heals and the Ana starts raging which gets me upset because her freakin score is literally 2k damage and 800 heals only round one. Doesn’t help that our other support is a Zen who is muted and INTs everywhere. Didn’t even get a healing orb once and it was still a clpse match. Not the Ana’s fault but I can’t trust the dipshizz Zen at all. Can’t even ask him to swap.

So wtf do we do?! What am I suppose to do?

Shut up and play? Is that what the devs want?

1 Like

The way you uncomfortable to rudeness and lack of sportsmanship is the proof that you still sane person. Civilize people in real world don’t behave like that……but too bad the way Blizzard let the game has match chat make we feel like this is not the right place for us….I suggest you to find the group of friend to play with. You can’t change majority people to be nice but at least have people who think the same way you do around. It help a lot in my case.

Hey.

Games are for fun in your free time. If you aren’t having fun with one game mode, you might like another one. If you try a couple different game modes and you still don’t enjoy them you might want to try another game.

6 Likes

We can certainly tell you weren’t playing back then. Quake 2 had just as much toxicity back in the day, before matchmakers and ladders, or even teams. There were way more racist, homophobic remarks and threats than there are today. And that’s when it was almost only white male nerds playing.

I cannot remember if you had something against it, but perhaps it is time to prioritize your mental health and just leave chat. You will be happier, my friend.

4 Likes

About 20 games this evening. 2 allies not reported.
Every day the same crap
The problem is that people don’t give a damn about teamwork.
They don’t care about running alone in the all opposing team with 2 hp, they will blame it on the support anyway.
They don’t use their brain, dven if I doubt they have one.
The problem is the players that don’t belong in this game !

1 Like

Tonight, we were still in spawn waiting to attack and they were telling me to change hero. We had close match but lost so toxic messages came through to my Xbox from one guy after. People need to get a grip and grow up.

1 Like

You shouldn’t let a game affect your health like that, games are fun if you don’t find them fun then you need to step away.

I try not to take the game too seriously now and I don’t get angry unless I’m on tank and literally cannot do anything or if there’s a widow heck that purple point n click main character.

If I get angry I step away and play ets2 or go out for a walk or bike ride, if I still want to play ow I play DPS and chill.

2 Likes