Jury is in: JQ is too small

I’m still losing her in a mob of non tanks and I’m not alone. Maybe she needs a cape or we can tie a balloon to her or something.

48 Likes

Are we going to make her… a big gurl? :flushed:

9 Likes

How about a top hat? And then perhaps we can make an entire selection of various hat skins for her, of which you have to earn and can then trade. Thus creating some kind of… hat-based economy.

20 Likes

I could be just be legally blind but I often mistake her silhouette for Ashe at a distance. Doesn’t help they both hold a long gun facing foward.

48 Likes

The neon blue mohawk and nine foot tall silhouette make her stand out to me, but if this is a big enough problem I’m sure they’ll address it.

3 Likes

I think it’s more on the fact that she’s slender when compared to Zarya.
Zarya looks like a full on tank with her cannon.

2 Likes

A tank with a smaller hitbox than even Bastion lol.

28 Likes

I have a bit of a hot take here, so bear with me, but I feel like people are saying tanks have to be big, but do they?

If a character serves the purpose of a tank (absorbs damage, disrupts, can take space without dying instantly) does it matter if they’re big? If the character is oppressive and unkillable then clearly a change needs to be made balance wise, but do they have to be big?

I’d kinda dig a little female tank with a huge shield and a giant spirit axe.

Back to the topic, I think JQ is identifiable enough with her hair and stature. They could’ve mounted her axe sideways more on her back to make her wider, but I think she’s fine. I don’t really mind if they make her bigger though, it’s pretty minor. Lol.

6 Likes

for how big and tall she is her hitbox is small lol. its really strange. a 7 foot tall muscular woman being a dainty target compared to the rest of the tank cast?

strange

every time i stand next to her with a dps hero im like “dam girl, you big!” … but when i face her im like where is she???

maybe they should nerf the rest of the tank heroes. make them smaller in width heh

1 Like

My only condition is if she gets a bigger hit-box than she should get more health and regen to match. No point being a bigger target if you get melted in seconds at 425 health.

1 Like

That’s…actually a totally fair point.

1 Like

They’re not exactly tanking at all if they’re small.
The point of being a tank is being huge enough that people see you as an immediate threat and catching the attention of the enemy even if you’re with your team.

Just look at how many times people tunnel vision tanks sometimes and completely forgetting the supports making them immortal. It’s literally part of their design.

I can’t actually speak for Junker Queen’s size as a tank because I unfortunately do not have the privilege of experiencing the beta, but notice how most tanks are huge and literally block you just by their sheer size. Zarya is the smallest tank pre-Junker Queen and we all know that she’s pretty mediocre in actually tanking and taking space unlike Winston and Reinhardt.

7 Likes

If I saw a pixie coming at me with a giant spirit axe I would feel immediately threatened.

But on the real, I think being big isn’t the only thing that can make a character threatening.

3 Likes

From a psychological point of view size does matter if you’re trying to find out something is threatening.
“Sizing you up” if you will.

4 Likes

Fair enough, I just wanted to get my hot take out of my system mostly LOL

Yeah, like Mei isn’t big but there’s some serious PTSD when I look at her as a tank.

2 Likes

I think a small hit box tank could work if they balance it right, but it would be pretty difficult and unlikely.

The other issue of a tank being small is balance. Tanks are generally hard to kill, high HP totals, dmg mitigation or healing of some kind and so on. That is offset by being twice the size or more of most hero’s and generally having a larger critical hit box.

Having a slender tank is like saying Tracer is fine with 300hp and 100 armor just like bastion. Even if you remove her blink she’s still a super tiny hit box and a naturally faster hero than most.

4 Likes

Tracer has six trillion times the mobility that Bastion does.

Once again, a very good point.

1 Like