Junkrat nerfed - the buffs arent enough and ignore his main issue

don’t be that guy everybody knows what she meant

9 Likes

someone has to be…

the projectile change is not a small change though. and I would argue there isn’t much room between “good” and “OP” for a hero like junkrat. he is the 2nd most picked DPS in bronze and the 2nd least picked DPS in grandmaster - that is simply a result of him having a very low skill requirement. In season 6, he was easily the most picked DPS in low ranks, but in high ranks he was still middle of the pack. The thing is, the fact that a hero like Junkrat could be middle of the pack in GM was a bad sign itself. Heroes like him simply belong on the bottom in high rank.

Full nade damage is 120 on live right?

I don’t even care about the damage. I rather his grenade hitbox gets reverted. We all know why it got nerf was because players got hit by it and these developers catered to those cries. You never nerf a character’s projectile for the sake of a player bad positioning, but in this game it happens go figure :man_shrugging:

3 Likes

Yes, especially alongside watering down the damage buff to +10. At least he’ll be able to two-shot PTR Torb, maybe.

Its less than a 10% damage buff, and it only effects direct hits, not abilities or splash damage, so Junkrat might actually be worse.

3 Likes

Depends on the hero.

In Junkrat’s case… I’d say it’s a 1-2 bomb difference to get his Tire.

THAT.

That is the way.

At least the devs are encouraging aiming as Junkrat, and as a bronze player I appreciate that.

With all the power creep id say 10 more damage per shot is reasonable. Still would prefer old damage old size.

What he needs is nades decreasing in size per bounce to lower spam (starting with .3) a consistent damage number for mine (80 air 120 planted) a soft cooldown between mine detonation (1-2 seconds) so it can’t be cheesed in up close gameplay. And a bigger increase in ult charge required.

But at least some baby steps towards his issues being solved are being taken

Low skill floor doesn’t mean low skill ceiling though.
Hitting headshots consistently with torbjörn takes a lot of skill, shooting pharah out of the air as junkrat takes a lot of skill, and if sym takes no skill then neither does Zarya since their guns are pretty similar, (Zarya’s is actually more forgiving) difference being sym has to be clever with her teleporter and turrets whereas zarya has to be good at managing her bubbles and get energy. they all can be played with a low skill playstyle but to be effective there needs to be a lot of skill and effort put in.
I can even argue that genji is low skill floor, high skill ceiling hero. You can play him by throwing shuriken at the enemy team, dash in the general direction of people (since his dash hitbox is fatter than 2 DVa mechs) and rmb spam if someone gets close and you’ll do pretty well in bronze cause you’ll get blade easily and that’ll nab a few kills, however to be effective with him you’ll want those headshots, know when to engage/retreat, and yadayada yada.

7 Likes

Stop confusing floors with ceilings. Junkrat’s ceiling is higher than widowmaker’s.

You don’t seem to understand what “skill” actually is.

5 Likes

Wow they made it 130 instead of 140.
What an amazing difference that can make /s

In all honesty, I am glad they at least did some changes to tire ult charge to correlate with the damage change. As well that Junkrat is getting buffed, but they should’ve changed grenade size

One of the most blatant over-exaggerations ever. Who knew one Japanese Cyborg Ninja having both his arms extended out was the equivalent to two Army-Class Mekkas.

It’s really not big for a 50 damage ability.

Regardless, this thread is about Junkrat, so in an effort to not derail the thread, as Reaper would say…

Moving on.

If only they had increased his ult charge after 2nd mine buff in the first place. He wouldn’t have been as bad but still a touch op back then, and we wouldn’t have the overnerfed mess we have now

Actually, I’ve done the math and the 10% ult nerf will only serve to keep his ult charge in line with his new damage. 13 direct hits @120, and now 13 direct hits @130.

The 140 damage 'nade actually reduced the number of direct hits he needed for an ult from 13 to 11 without a change to his ult requirement. So it’s a nerf I actually agree with.

I just don’t think +10 direct hit damage is going to be enough.

3 Likes

Let me show you the way:

Primary fire back to 0.3. ult charge nerfed further to 2000-2100ish. Come on blizz we’ve been telling you this for months

1 Like

So… If they nerfed damage from 140 to 130 already, additional ult charge nerf feels excessive. It would’ve been smart if they kept the buff at 140.

1 Like

I think that nerf was mostly to deal with all the damage thresholds he could now break. Nanoboosted 140 means he can one shot squishies, 130 makes it so it’s just under that mark.