Junkrat needs to be nerfed

@Jeffkaplan so if you watch overwatch esports, junkrat may not seem that OP. But I play in low-mid diamond, and junkrat is the easiest character to play and also the strongest… name a DPS that is easier to play than junkrat and also name a DPS that is more OP than junkrat (maybe sombra). Literally I don’t like playing junkrat, I don’t practice him, but what kind of character can get his ultimate in seconds of the game, and basically get an instant free kill on whoever he wants. I am so close to quitting this game because of this stupid character, ask anyone in diamond and below and they will say junkrat takes no skill and also too OP. I play Genji a lot and it is so dumb that I die almost immediately guaranteed when I get close to him. All he has to do is throw a concussion mine at you and fly far away to where you can’t kill him. In my opinion you should nerf his damage with his weapon, take away one concussion mine or make it to where he doesn’t fly as far with his concussion mine. Please fix this character, he is WAY TOO OP

28 Likes

Tracer
If you played Junkrat you wouldnt think he needs a nerf or buff, he’s actually one of the more balanced heros ATM

13 Likes

LOL did you type that with a straight face LOOLOL balanced? LOOOLOL one of the most balanced???!?!?

not even close to balanced. do you understand what other characters have to do to put out the damage numbers of junkrats? its literally stupid that he does so much damage.

you know how often i get a triple kill and junkrat gets potg with his skilltire so balanced. id rather see any potg than junkrat with his skill less spamming

15 Likes

Also I laugh and go on when I see a GENJI player complaing about Junkrat since you SHOULD do perfectly fine against junkrat(espcially season 6 junks thier absoulety sheit)
I don’t trust diamond and below to decide wether or not a hero is OP or UP or balanced since most people there are the same people that acknowledge his bombs AND STILL WALK INTO THEM and then they COMPLAIN THAT HE ‘takes no aim’, which, by the way, HE DOES if you want to get higher than plat with him

8 Likes

Meta slaves are such a joke(a.k.a. YOU)
A hero is suddenly decent at getting a kill here and there but nooooo they are suddenly overpowered

6 Likes

I do play junkrat, sometimes and when I do I just destroy the enemy team, it’s not hard. And balanced??? Your hilarious

3 Likes

It is very hard to do well when you are playing against people who know what thier doing(A.k.a. platnium and up)
Maybe you should actually try playing him in comp.
Also I have ~350 hours on him whereas ypu have 6 so I really doubt blizzard would listen to you with how little play time you have on him.
You say he’s OP, yet you are probably the same person who will say Tracer is balanced despite the fact she has no HARD counters whereas Junkrat as mutliple hard counters and a ridiculous amount of soft counters

2 Likes

The only thing I think needs nerfing is the mine knockback on enemies. It’s absurd - you can get sent flying even if the mine barely hit you.

I think they need to nerf his ult’s range. If you watch the tire from third person it can one shot squishies from absolutely absurd ranges.

1 Like

Aero you gotta be in silver or something to say that a genji player can easily kill a junkrat. And just saying half of the overwatch population is diamond and below, so if most of the population is saying that he is too OP then there is probably a problem

A good genji will dominate a Good junkrat
You have so many utilities that can easily counter junkrats kit(Most notably Deflect)

And I’m Diamond(3196)
Most of the population is high gold/low plat
So of course they are going to think he’s “OP”, they are that low for a reason
Almost anyone I’ve talked to that is Diamond and Up have all said that Jubkrat is fine(Also Junkrat isn’t even in the TOP 10 most played heros in Diamond+)

3 Likes

uhm tell me one hardcounter to junk besides pharah … im waiting …
to not have to wait so long ill ask even for soft counters to junk … still will be waiting a bit before you come up with something that is reliable vs junk

oh nvm youre junk main … ofc you would be biased to not nerf him … the same way genji players say genji is perfectly balanced

hanzo has no prob with junk.

Widow/Hanzo are very good against him
In fact when it comes to playing against me you have more of a chance of beating me with Widow or Hanzo than you do with a Pharamercy

Awww trying to use tbe fact I main him agaisnt me, typical little meta slave

2 Likes

widow/hanzo cant really hardcounter junk since he can lob his sh*t from behind the corner … just care about the sightlines and you never die to them … so im still waiting for RELIABLE HARDCOUNTER … you ignoring the snipers is not them countering you its you playing poorly vs what they pick

A moria main who is low diamond trying to tell me I’m bad :smile:

They are hard counters, a good hanzo/widow will always be changing thier positioning for max sight lines of wherever the enemy team is set up

yeah i dropped lately … having really sh*-ty season … so what ? moira still has to use brain and not just lob the granades in general direction of enemies getting kills without seeing anything

whatever its pointless to argue with you the same way its poinltess to argue with genji mains … just dont nerf my fav free hero cuz i wouldnt have good time cuz i would actually have to try to land stuff not just wait for it to happen on its own

No, you have to look in thier general vicinity, I have to LEAD my shots big time(You know because an actual good Junkrat HITS direct shots)
Honestly I wouldn’t care if they nerfed him into the ground, I’d still play and crush diamonds with him
I’m trying to keep you idiots who think you know what you’re talking about from getting him nerfed into BACK F tier.