Junkrat is turning OWL into a joke

I love it also when people say Tracer and Genji require skill when they have two get out of free jail cards when they make an mistake overall. Also, there’s more to skill than just aiming and every character spams shots as well. Also, incoming trigger people for me saying this.

4 Likes

And they do, I don’t see how having an escape card changes that.

I feel like if tac visor and dead eye could lock onto the tire this argument could hold up a lot more in a lot more ranks

Honestly I really have no idea why they don’t.

For mccree ,MAYBE it’s because blizzard wants to stick to “6 enemies ,6 bullets” but why not soldier ?

1 Like

I know right I it would really stop this nonsense of not being able to shoot the tire

Yeah, I know. I used to hate him so much but then I remembered that I’m playing overwatch, this game has 27 heroes, and each of them has unique abilities. you need to learn how to deal with him.

• Don’t fight him in closed spaces.
  • Hit scan is great against him.

• Pharah can send him to hell in no time.

• A good Genji nows the rat’s compos to use it against him.

• there are certain heroes who should not engage with him.

And TBH I think he is cheap. And I would only play him when the enemy team has lots of shields and no one else wants to play him.

5 Likes

junkrat was nerfed with ‘flying mechanics’ changes… it is much harder to kill people by blowing them outside map, it is much harder to blow up defence lines made by barrier tanks…
JR is easy to kill by all ranged hitscan characters, he is allmost squishy

if you cant handle a JR player that can predict your movement then it is your problem… not ‘unbalanced’ junkrat

players/pc/Maverick-24296/heroes/junkrat?mode=competitive
those are my overbuff stats from current season… havent played a lot, but usually they look very simmilar (i mean they can be lower or higher in %ts)

look at tire kills… this “OP tire” myth is ridiculous, JR ult can eaisly be denied, i did it myself multiple times without a sweat

if someone can utilize JR, is unpredictable enough, flanks, and player uses imagination then JR is very dangerous hero

for me personally - JR is a LOT OF FUN, i am not player that allways stands in one place on a certain maps and spam granades in to choke hoping for some easy tracer… i like to erase people in most unpredictable and satisfying - ‘face off’ ways, allways try to play a map differently

JR should be BUFFED, speed of his granades should be increased

For real. I was healing yesterday on attack Hanamura and my entire team decided to jump on every single grenade (not exaggerating) and proceeded to complain about how OP Junkrat is.

This is how people come to the conclusion that he’s ‘op.’

5 Likes

Though people aren’t screaming tire is op because of how much it kills ,it’s because of how easily you get to pick WHO you kill most of the time (mostly supports) ,and how fast it charges ,and how hard it is to take down if you don’t just run into the open with it and don’t ult infront of the enemy

Other people get to pick who they kill with their ult too?? Why can’t he have an ult that kills? If his ult is charging fast it’s because the enemy team is stepping into every grenade possible or grouping up tightly when he throws his mine, but whose fault is that?

Nobody wants to take any self-responsibility. Screaming for nerfs is a lot easier.

1 Like

Pretty much and I can smell the Brigitte nerf threads coming when she goes live.

2 Likes

Riptire could use a 50% cool down increase. That’s my own person only issue with him, his spam is whats makes him “him” without the constant spam he is a different hero.

Haven’t seen much of him since stage 2, he was only map or point specific. Other than that, its the usual 5 standard dive heroes.

Gee, what fun. Its almost like we had seen this during the last world cup and seasons previously. Junkrat at least makes things interesting to watch.

No ,it really does, it requires 1575 points to charge ,only 75 more than dragonblade, except junkrat puts out A LOT more damage and charges a lot easier, especially with how AoE works.

And yes ,others can pick with their ults ,it’s just that a lot of the time you have a solution to deal with it ,all you can do with tire is shoot it down ,which is EXTREMELY hard ,and it’s made only worse since as far as I know that’s the only way to stop it from killing your supports.

No ,barriers are not a counter since it can walk through them.

Junkrat has the ability to aim ,or just spam into a chokepoint (what usually happens) where the enemies are forced to go through ,a lot of the times you just have to risk going through or tank it.

Again ,there are a handful of situations where that’s the only thing you can do

1 Like

two heroes that eaisly counter JR uses aimbot-ults… and that is OK… but tire is OP?
what about Phara? she can controll her rockets direction… cant she ‘pick’ who she want to kill?

man, this is not good argument that “JR can pick tire victim” and that it charges too fast… it depends of situation how fast you can charge your ult (how well you play)

JR has low pickrates at high ranks because he is easy to counter and his ult is not that great
i for egzample trap much more people than kill with my ‘fast loading’ ult

IMHO JR needs buff of his granades speed to increase his pickrate in high ranks, because he lost his ability of crowd controll outside of chokes

2 Likes

For those making comparisons to Genji, his ultimate is usually regarded as equally ridiculous.

I think the issue with both Riptire and Dragonblade is their massive hitbox. The graphic doesn’t indicate the actual hitbox and you often get caught off-guard by these abilities. Riptire especially should probably not one-shot players when detonated from above. You should feel like the cause of death was colliding with an explosive wheel, not just being somewhere within the vicinity.

That’s my two cents. Personally I love Junkrat, he feels very fair to play against. It’s just not fun as a support main when your allies doesn’t recognize the Riptire in time and you get blown to bits because you were nearby the player that got struck.

1 Like

Man, people gotta complain about everything. Maybe if they weren’t hit so much, you wouldn’t see riptire that much.

1 Like

With a hard to hit rocket that can’t be controlled after being fired that you need to hit 2 of with a direct hit (or 3 of if blast damage) while she herself isn’t exactly hard to hit ,you cannot compare the two at all.

And both have a huge amount of counters (can list if you want) and are much easier to kill during it ,and more importantly they’re much harder to charge.

Honestly i’d argue its just that the meta doesn’t favour him ,since his counters are meta right now ,make it triple or quad tank and I’d bet he’d become a top tier hero

Because it’s an ult vs an 8 second ability in a place where people don’t have good gamesense

Grouping up tightly while he throws a mine is never a situation that anybody has to be in. When I play other heroes and I go up against a junkrat I easily avoid his grenades. He might hit me with the occasional 1 or 2, but that’s it.

Between this account and another I have over 800 hours on Junkrat, so I know what he is and isn’t capable of.

4 Likes

So whenever Ja “LUL ke used to play