Junkrat is turning OWL into a joke

Pharmercy ruins Junkrat at high levels. So does Widow. So does dive. It’s a non-issue…

At lower levels people can stop being idiots and try the following:

Don’t step into traps
Don’t walk through cramped areas he’s denying (yes you folks that insist on going left on Anubis)
Don’t slow play through chokes
Play Zarya
Play D.Va
Play Pharah
Play dive
Save sound barrier in response to tire

4 Likes

Yeah it’s really frustrating to see your team keeps going the enclosed area Junkrat is guarding over and over. People really don’t seem to want to learn how to play against him.

3 Likes

It’s not even hard to play against him. Just don’t give him damage to charge his ult. Run Lucio on speed boost with Moira and run your team away from the spam. Then let ranged heroes and/or tanks kill him. He’s so squishy.

Not to mention a Sombra hack prevents his concussion mine and his hitbox is deliciously round.

3 Likes

So many Potatobots…

more like overwatch.

I never thought I’d see someone QQing about “low skill” in a thread about OWL.

You do realize that these are the best players in the world, yes?

2 Likes

OMG, left-side anubis…

Seriously, if the enemy team has that approach covered by a Symmetra or a Junkrat, go right instead. Go right, go up, and go around the back. Otherwise you just feed the area denial heroes.

2 Likes

Quad tank/Triple tank Junkrat or Reaper or Bastion. Speed boost straight to point. Don’t even bother going right unless you have hitscan that benefits from the high ground…

No, don’t delete! Those are points that can be debated!

Going middle if the left approach has been denied is a valid tactic as long as they don’t have a bastion on the point. If they do, then you go right even if you don’t have any hitscan.

Otherwise, you’re probably going right because most teams will have some hitscan on point A because Pharah is a strong pick for defense on point A.

1 Like

I only deleted to make sure I replied to you and not the main thread…

Doesn’t matter what you take as long as you bypass the left side somehow.

The left side is where you go if they’re set up on that immediate high ground. Say, with an el-presidente strat. If you have to bust that, then you have to go left to flank it.

Of course, you could always take a Mei to cover your approach with an Ice Wall, but that takes thought and its easier to QQ about junkrat (as is evidenced by this thread).

1 Like

Even with a Pharah, quad tank with D.Va, Moira is enough to kill her since you’ll have a Rein shield and a Hog hook or a Zarya beam.

Yes! The Mei wall! Just block los and choose your route: high ground or point.

I guess you anecdotal evidence is better…

Junkrat can only deal crazy amounts of damage without trying if, and only if, the enemy team is so stupid it’s like they are TRYING to get hit by his bombs.

5 Likes

OWL is a joke anyway, Junkrat or no Junkrat.

1 Like

The only joke in the OWL is how only 7/8 characters are actively used on every map every time

Tracer
Genji
Winston
D.Va
Lucio
Zen

And then there is
Widow
Mercy (stage 1)

The only time you see a lot of Junkrat is when Jake plays…

I don’t even have to read this thread to know it’s a bunch of Spamrat mains defending their low-skill cheez machine. Junkrat is a scumbag.

6 Likes

OWL is a joke with or without Junkrat.

1 Like

Y’all thinking that junkrat is making BIG OWO a joke clearly haven’t heard or seen the top quality of the casters such as Monte “minimal effort & professionalism “ Cristo and spectators mode that rather watch a Mei go back to spawn while a 4K pops on the kill feed.