Junkrat feels really bad to play after nerf

Like everything lives with one or two hp unless you are perfect then you are stuck with no way out.

He is now for normal players not junkrat otps not viable to play on most maps except 1 cps.

1 Like

I mean it was a one hit kill combo, honestly the less of the lower skill requirement combos in this game the better.

3 Likes

But his whole playstyle is dependent on that right now he is kind of not good without it unless say there is a spammy choke point like 1 cps.

People want to move away from one shots in Overwatch they’ve never really felt good. Sigmas is ok because it’s a slower one shot and requires a bit of skill to land the rock and the follow up hits.

It’s not it’s consistently good.

Also fine you nerfed one shot but we’re is the compensation.

Theres no the compensation only nerfs junkrat and Cree especialy

I think the bigger reason Junkrat has dipped so far in the meta is due to the buffs Cassidy and Soldier: 76 got. With their midrange game improved, Junkrat is caught more often before he can get to the flanks and chokes that make him stronger. Not to mention how his movement leaves him floating in the air for either hitscan to take him out with their buffed range/recoil reduction. And that’s piled onto the fact that he has to play better to secure his now-niche one-shot.

After playing him a few times, and finishing his 15-win player icon, I’ll be playing less of him until there’s another meta shift where he can be more viable, or when all of the maps are back in season 4, where he’s favored more.

4 Likes

Pretty much yeah. Despite what many on the forums will tell you he feels terrible to play especially in masters or gm. He genuinely feels weaker than in OW1.

This. His kit is inherently inconsistent and the combo now having an extra level of inconsistency is often too punishing and leaves him with no viable kill confirmation.

Oh and his mine to airshot often not killing now is so unbelievably unfair for a high skilled play.

He also struggles so much now because he cant contest Mccree at all due to his 225hp and Mccree is a hard meta pick. He cant take that duel ever and Mccree is now debatably a harder counter than Pharah.

That and the map pool is horrendous for him. Yeah. Rough season to main Junk and all of this is why his Top 500 representation has crashed through the floor. The hero isnt good anymore.

8 Likes

Also that roll half dmg buff mccree just rolls awwy once he lives your combo you can’t even follow up and hope for a kill.

He is pretty tanky now.

Ya the game keeps giving me Havana and widowmaker hanzo.

I only played him today cause i got the bp skin and was so excited first game Havana widow hanzo torture.

Later on i did wina few games but it feels bad to play junk now.I guess people who have hours on him will do ok.

I hope he gets a compensation for the nerf like when ever he uses mine to launch himself he gets a dmg reduction like cree , maybe like 25%

1 Like

Yeah. 220 combo damage breaks the matchup vs Mccree now. In a fair matchup there isnt a single thing you can do to beat a Mccree who can even hit bodyshots.

That’s before we even get to the maps all being terrible for Junk and good for hitscans.

3 Likes

Junk players when you need to be more accurate to instantly delete someone.

I think Junk might need a rework. Having a high damage spam hero doesn’t work as well with 1 tank and less shields.

1 Like

People who dont play the hero in high ranks dont understand how huge the nerf was.

It breaks mine to airshot.

Or that aiming perfectly still means that you dont kill 225hp dps anymore.

Or that the fall off is so rapid along with manual detonation means that even if it appears perfect on your screen latency will often cause you to do less damage

Or that any healing now stops follow up mines.

The hero representation dropped off a cliff in top ranks for a reason. It’s not that players cant aim, it’s that it’s unreasonably inconsistent and has killed the only viable playstyle: Flankrat. It’s just not consistent enough anymore to justify the huge risk.

8 Likes

I edited my original comment. I think the mine 1 shot is just as unfun to play against as widow honestly. It definitely takes more skill to pull off, but it was still really easy. I think they should have just made the radius tighter and kept the damage.

Overall I think Junk might need a soft rework. I don’t play Junk, but a high damage “spam” hero doesn’t feel like it fits very well in OW2 with 1 tank. I know you’re a GM junk player so what do you think?

1 Like

Thats the thing

This nerf doesn’t effect his spam-ability in the slightest. In fact, in directly encourages it since the other, more skillful ways of playing him are noe punished.

They need to either reduced primary size to somwhere between current(.25) and pre OW2(.2) and/or decrease his damage after each bounce.

Kehehehe

6 Likes

How do you have that kehehe signature in all posts.

Revert all OW2 changes. So primary back to .2 and trap damage lowered along with timer increased.

Then nades to 130 damage. Blizz were right in the betas when they said that he was severely underperforming and that they wanted to reward directs more. So just do that instead of lowering his skill floor by increasing the size of nades. All that did was make him easier to play.

Long term: decreased nade damage after each bounce in exchange for higher direct damage.

That would force flankrat as the viable playstyle and kill spam. Low rank power significantly decreased and high rank moderately increased while leaving all his current counters in place.

5 Likes

I love my geometry shots though.

3 Likes

Weren’t they trying something that decreased damage the farther the shot travels? I can’t recall, but did that ever happen?

Junkrat was a better reaper with that BS combo, let that sink in before asking for junk to be reverted. I think junk is fine where he is now. You can still get the one shot but you really need accuracy to pull it off. The hero should take at least some form of skill, he was way too cheesy considering the hitbox of his grenade launcher projectiles are bigger than they have ever been.

Lol everyone is a better reaper, whether is hanzo cree or torb.

It’s not a high bar.

1 Like