Jeff, what about 2/1/1 (4v4) instead?

1 healer per team is not going to be remotely enjoyable for support mains, no matter how you spin it

They added Sigma and it broke the game. They nerfed shields significantly because of it. If they add another tank, how would it not break the game? At least, how can they make an interesting enough character not to break the game?

Overwatch’s issue since day 1 has been stacking. Every major change since launch has been to address stacking:

• Players stacked the same hero per team, 1 hero per team limit introduced.
  • Players stacked tanks and healers, tons of radical nerfs, including changing how armor worked to combat 3/3.
  • Players continued 3/3, role queue introduced.

The only way they can introduce new tanks and healers without breaking the game is to reduce the team size. They do 3/2/1 and playing tank is miserable but can no longer stack… but healers will be on the chopping block even more so.

Having 1 tank and 1 healer in a 4v4 situation means tanks and healers can actually be impactful again without worrying about nerfs due to the abuse of stacking.

In 6v6, sure. I don’t think it would be as bad as you think with 4v4.

Yea, no thanks i don’t want to solo heal.

as a support main.

Is it really that bad with a 4v4 game?

I get the feeling of being a solo-support in 6v6 pre-role queue days. But 4v4 shouldn’t be that bad. It certainly doesn’t feel bad in the competitive arcade modes.

ooh sorry didn’t read the 4vs4 part.

Yes that should be doable especially less frustrating then have to try solo healing 5 players while also being targetted by enemy team.

If I had to pick between 1-3-2 and 1-2-1 then I would pick 1-2-1. But I’d still prefer just to keep 2-2-2.

It will be the most crowded role regardless no matter what. The solution is to create more space for the majority and stop letting the minority scare them out of that goal.

The other roles are already appealing to those who like playing those roles. Those who enjoy killing the enemy team enjoy DPS. The answer to making tank and support play more “appealing” to DPS mains and would-be DPS mains would be making pseudo-DPS, such as Roadhog and Moira. But then, those people are often not playing those characters to support their team. They’re playing to kill the enemy team.

Thats because they literally gave him everything. A shield, CC , ranged aoe damage and a back up defensive ability for when his shield breaks. More tanks can be made without issue they just need to not give them as many toys as sigma got. Sigma is the best off tank design possible simply because he can do everything. And just because Sigma is broken doesn’t mean there should not be more tanks/supports in the future. They should learn there leasons off sigma and us that to design beneficial additions to the tank role.